What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Growing pink oyster mushrooms.

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
420giveaway
Hey guys for Christmas a buddy gave me a compressed block of sawdust infected with pink oyster mushrooms.

All I had to do was cut an x and spray it with water.

It's really cool.
picture.php

Grows to pretty big size, and after you harvest, you can scrape it clean and start over.

Here's my question: where can I buy one of these for psilocybin shrooms?

I have been looking into getting psilocybin spores, but damn these products did all the work for me.

Anybody with shroom growing experience?

Gry

Those are bright and good looking, saw some nice yellow oyster mushrooms a couple of

weeks back.

Cvh

Supermod
Check out Zamnesia.com
It's one of the sponsor of this forum.
(Inoculated is a better term then infected)

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
420giveaway
Check out Zamnesia.com
It's one of the sponsor of this forum.
(Inoculated is a better term then infected)

Thanks chv! I could see the kits, but couldn't click on for some reason. My browser said it wouldn't allow it's unsafe.
Stupid smartphone. Do they ship to the States?
I'll try from another device.
That's really cool that they sell growkits.
Ive looked into the spores and such.

I have absolutely no experience with magic truffles. I heard Adam Dunn talking about selling them from his store in Amsterdam. He said that after awhile of selling mushrooms Dutch cracked down and only allowed them to sell the sclerotia. First time I had ever heard about it.
Apparently it's a big chunk of mycelium.

How do they compare to shrooms in terms of effect? You just have to take more to be same, or is it different all together?

Breadwizard

As far as I understand, much harder to propagate cubensis or other hallucinogenic mushroom varieties, as they are much pickier about medium and environment than oyster varieties (which grow and propagate seemingly anywhere).

Most setups I've seen require a terrarium or other means of fine control on the growing environment. Pretty easy to find them out in nature though, if you know what you're doing.

Dog Star

Veteran
Its easy to grow Psylocibin shrooms,you just need sterilize everything proper..

specialy jars..

Cvh

Supermod
You better check out the messageboard at shroomery.org
I thought we are not allowed to talk about shrooms on the board here.

And also check out the laws in your country. Shroomkits might be legal in Holland but might be not in your country. Don't get yourself in trouble.

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
420giveaway
You better check out the messageboard at shroomery.org
I thought we are not allowed to talk about shrooms on the board here.

And also check out the laws in your country. Shroomkits might be legal in Holland but might be not in your country. Don't get yourself in trouble.

Good thinking. I'm pretty sure the spores are legal, but kits probably aren't. I'll check laws and such first.

JustSumTomatoes

Indicas make dreams happen
Wow, that's really cool! Oysters are delicious. I've been thinking about giving Shiitakes a go in spring.

Anyone ever been morel hunting before? I've only been able to find one late season that was rotting and on its way out. They are very elusive and I just can't seem to find them no matter where I look. A friend of mine finds chicken of the woods every year, gonna have to talk him into letting me tag along at some point.

Cantharellus

Where you are located will determine where you should start looking for morels. Some areas morels are easy to find around dead elms. Some areas don't have elms. White pine and tulip poplar in other areas. West coast generally burn areas will produce large flushes. Sometimes in the center of the U.S you will find them along ditches and streambeds where goldenrod is plentiful. P.M me JST if you want I will give you some pointers.

Capt.Ahab

Feeding the ducks with a bun.
Veteran
420giveaway
Those look great, CannaRed.
I grew oysters in a fish basket full of pasteurized straw I inoculated with oyster spawn I cloned on cardboard using store bought mushies.
You could probably do the same thing with the sawdust from your kit after it is done.
picture.php

H

hunter77

Those look great, CannaRed.
I grew oysters in a fish basket full of pasteurized straw I inoculated with oyster spawn I cloned on cardboard using store bought mushies.
You could probably do the same thing with the sawdust from your kit after it is done.
View Image
marvelous idea thank you for sharing

S

Sertaiz

spores101 is the shizzle izzle . those look great!!! mushroom growing is an addiction next to herb growing. the shroomery is the best thats where i made this handle! i should go back and check things out, but itll make me want to grow some...

edit, nice basket of oysters i always wanted to clone a good eating variety i might make a go of it.