What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

How to buy seeds using Bitcoin

Chappi

This is for the crypto newb, if you already know how or want to add to this please feel free to do so.

There are plenty of videos on you tube that show you how to sign up for a coinbase account so I won’t be showing how to do that.

Ok assuming you already have Coinbase, which is what I use. I will use seedsherenow as an example.

STEP 1. ADDING SEEDS AND CHECKING OUT
Ok first add seeds to cart, check out and select pay with Bitcoin.
attachment.php

Then on the next page this will show up, “click” on the part that says “content copy”
This copies the “address” that you will be sending your BITCOIN to.

attachment.php

STEP 2) FUND YOUR ACCOUNT
Then you go to your Coinbase account and deposit enough money to cover the purchase. Or if you already have plenty of funds just skip to the SEND part.

Once you get to the buy screen you click on the “buy” button.

Then buy whatever amount you are asked to pay. In this case it’s .020050 Bitcoin. Remember to buy a little extra for the “mining fee”

STEP 3) SENDING YOUR BITCOIN(PAY)
Ok so you click on the little arrow thing on the top right corner. A screen will pop up just click on it and “paste” the address that you copied earlier. MAKE 100000% SURE THAT YOU ARE PASTING THE CORRECT ADDRESS OTHERWISE YOUR BITCOIN CAN BE LOST FOREVER.
attachment.php

Paste

attachment.php

VERIFY THAT YOU ARE SENDING THE CORRECT AMOUNT. Because bitcoin is so volatile it doesnt really matter if you send the dollar amount or the Bitcoin amount. By the time they get it it could be worth more or less regardless of what you sent it as. I send it in Bitcoin amount because it’s easier that way and have had no issues sending it this way.

Click send and you’re done.

You can check the status of your transaction using https://blockexplorer.com it takes a few minutes for anything to show up. SHN takes forever to give you a confirmation fyi.

I don’t want to make this too complicated, if you know absolutely nothing about bitcoin just remember it seems overwhelming the first time but once you pop your cherry it’s super easy.

DISCLAIMER: I am not responsible for any lost cryptocurrencies due to user error or for any reason not limited to what is stated above. This is for imformative purposes only. I do not condone the use of crypto currencies for any illegal activity. I am not associated with “seedsherenow” in any way nor do I receive or have received any compensation for this imformative post.

Attachments

• 704C3EC4-8713-4BA2-AE8A-8A90EA54D187.jpg
    704C3EC4-8713-4BA2-AE8A-8A90EA54D187.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 33
  • 0894A3DE-69BF-46E1-AF7D-371D86E47B05.jpg
    0894A3DE-69BF-46E1-AF7D-371D86E47B05.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 31
  • E0B6F89E-0C45-4BA8-B6CD-4428A0BCBC5E.jpg
    E0B6F89E-0C45-4BA8-B6CD-4428A0BCBC5E.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 37
  • 6440E5B0-0F52-4715-A0E2-0615777E95DF.jpg
    6440E5B0-0F52-4715-A0E2-0615777E95DF.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 32
  • 88CAD613-D329-4866-823E-6600C4CAF998.jpg
    88CAD613-D329-4866-823E-6600C4CAF998.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 30
  • 2AE6D29F-3036-4E57-BC8B-C474C175E0CB.jpg
    2AE6D29F-3036-4E57-BC8B-C474C175E0CB.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 28

Chappi

Hey guys, hope someone can benefit from this. The process is the same for most applications. Copy the link paste it and send the amount you need to pay. It’s super easy. I’m a huge believer in crypto currencies and I just eant to do my part to help it succeed.

m314

ICMag Donor
Veteran
You might want to send from Coinbase to a private bitcoin wallet first, then buy the seeds from your private wallet.

I was banned from Coinbase for life for buying something they didn't approve of. They only knew about it because I sent the money directly from Coinbase to the "unapproved" site.

Chappi

You might want to send from Coinbase to a private bitcoin wallet first, then buy the seeds from your private wallet.

I was banned from Coinbase for life for buying something they didn't approve of. They only knew about it because I sent the money directly from Coinbase to the "unapproved" site.

Crazy, I’ve bought seeds plenty of times and haven’t had an issue.

If you want total anonimity then that is a great point you bring up.

m314

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Crazy, I’ve bought seeds plenty of times and haven’t had an issue.

If you want total anonimity then that is a great point you bring up.

I was buying sleep medication from an online pharmacy when they banned me. I've read that it can happen for seeds too. It's not that big of a deal. They give you your money back, but they won't let you sign up again. I miss how convenient it was compared to other ways of buying bitcoin.

It's easy to use an app like Blockchain as an intermediate wallet. When I buy bitcoin now, I just send it to my Blockchain wallet and buy things from there.

Chappi

I was buying sleep medication from an online pharmacy when they banned me. I've read that it can happen for seeds too. It's not that big of a deal. They give you your money back, but they won't let you sign up again. I miss how convenient it was compared to other ways of buying bitcoin.

It's easy to use an app like Blockchain as an intermediate wallet. When I buy bitcoin now, I just send it to my Blockchain wallet and buy things from there.

That’s wild man, sleep medicine? Anyway it’s good to know. So far I havent had any issues but I might start doing that just in case.

Chappi

I’ve bought plenty of seeds now using BTC and just want to add that Coinbase has gotten a little more restrictive when it comes to sending BTC. They now force a holding period on newly added accounts. So I recommend funding your account well in advance before buying seeds.

Chappi

Yes any “wallet” will do. Download a wallet app on your phone. Just buy your crypto on any exchange like Kraken, Binance, Bittrex, Bitfinex, Bitstamp, Coinmama, Gemini, Kucoin....just to name a few.
Send it to your wallet address and then send it to the address you are paying to from your personal wallet. You can also send payment directly from the exchange.:)

Chappi

I have made some purchases on speakeasyseedbankDOTcom and they have a great system in place for crypto purchases. Highly recommended.

Chappi

Also on Coinbase if you use debit card for purchase you can send the funds instantly or withdraw them. It is only if you use ACH (routing number account number) that it requires you to wait 10-15 days before you can send the funds or withdraw them.

St. Phatty

I know a coin dealer that diversified into Crypto BUT he charges about 10% to do transactions.

I think it would be highly functional if Seed Merchants would accept Silver in payment. e.g. 1 ounce of Silver for a 3 pack of Fem seeds.

That would involve the customer giving a coin dealer silver in payment, then he would have to transfer it to a coin dealer from your neck of the woods at the next major conference, that most of them go to.

You would need about 200 participating coin dealers and obviously they would have to be OK with what is being purchased.

Of course, I'm not talking about coin dealers setting up a financial network; they already have one. They do deals on the phone all year long and then settle accounts when they meet up at the major conferences.

Of course they would have to want to expand their small banking system to include online transaction processing.

It's a little like the Muslim Hawala. An informal banking system which involves trust but not silver.

Of course you'll know you've succeeded if Uncle Shylock is breathing down your neck.

Chase is a criminal organization on many fronts, as is Morgan Stanley etc.

I think alternative payment systems are good.