What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Thai's Blooper Reel

thailer

North Cascade Cut of Jelly Breath at 27 days

picture.php

Mac1 at 27 days

picture.php

Orange Cream in castings and coot mix. The plants in the ewc are doing so much better than the previous rounds with bu compost. :dance013:

picture.php

Here is OC in KIS Farms soil at seven weeks. she usually finishes around ten weeks. she was in the soil a month for veg.
picture.php

The weather is so nice out i've been outdoors pulling blackberry vines and getting the garden ready for veggies. I have been saying for days i am going to make clones but i haven't. the plants are ready to flower too...

at night, i've been diving down the rabbit hole of threads reading about anything and everything i find interesting. the sun is making me restless. haha

right now, i'm reading about reversing males to form female flowers. Looked high and low searching for info and not finding much other than some abstracts of studies. i tried a bunch of different search terms to no avail so i chalked it up to trade secrets. haha Well i asked around for any advice on how to make a reversal spray and everyone told me about hormones to make females produce male flowers when i want the opposite. frustrated and not in any better position, i started including skunkman sam in my search terms and then i found the thread i was searching for. the words in the thread title are not any i used for search terms. i don't have room for male plants really so keeping a bunch, making seeds with males hoping i picked the right one is not really feasible. i don't want to keep them outside to throw spunk to the wind for any growers nearby. which means, i'm going to have to make a space just for this using a sunny bedroom window and a cardboard box to light dep.

how do you make room for male plants??

moses wellfleet

Veteran
A little pollination chamber under the stairs with an old cfl light I had lying around a black curtain to make sure it stays dark when necessary and keep the spunk in!

I have never reversed plants myself. There was a thread on how to make colloidal silver by Phenomenal, I think the title was just that! I was told lately there are easier ways to reverse but like I said I wouldn’t know. Anyways colloidal silver looks like fun to make and it is good for your health, you can drink it allegedly!

Search terms: colloidal silver.
Sodium thiosulfate.

EDIT: Ok here is a thread on how to do it with STS https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=58957

Ok don’t drink the colloidal silver it could make you blue. I don’t mean as in melancholy or sad. I mean blue as in azure or cobalt blue!!

thailer

silver and sodium thiosulfate block female hormones while increasing male hormones so the plant will produce pollen. i want to do the opposite and block male hormones to allow female hormones in the plant rise so it produces pistils. theres a few things that will turn female clones into boys to make fem beans. as far as i know, people are only using Ethephon to make male clones turn female.
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=99597&page=1
so if you were born a boy but wanted to be a girl, you would take estrogen hormones that would stop male characteristics like body hair, but once you stop taking the hormones, the estrogen in your body will lower and testosterone will increase and you'll start growing hair again. if you give a male testosterone, it just makes him more manly. thats the best way to explain it i can think of.

the first time i bloomed a male, i put him in a spare room in a tent because i put him in a big final no till container and just let him grow. so much pollen. lol this time i am planning on taking cuts so they are small, easy to deal with.

moses wellfleet

Veteran
Ok sorry I was kind of skim reading, my bad!

Do you reverse the male to try and get it to display it’s female potential, or what is the goal in reversing it?

I was into trying all this some years ago and then I had some bad experiences with fem seeds and it put me off completely. I decided to stick with straight breeding, no lgbt stuff anymore!!

thailer

it's supposed to show what taste, smell, potency you should expect to gain. you can smoke the calyx's to get an idea when a male is turned female. smoking male flowers is more difficult. the idea is that you can then select the nicest looking males to then cross to a true female. you can also pollinate the same plant to get 50% XY, 25% XX, 25% YY super males but they tend to not germinate so you'll get 2/3 male plants and a third female. it talked some about YY males and if you crossed it with a XX, you could get 100% XY all boy seeds. LOL

thailer

if someone had spider mites all up in their grow rooms and you asked them if they would reverse a female so you could get some pollen, what the chances are that you could also get spider or other types of mites?? i would think it would be quite low if it was collected carefully. i know mites can be knocked easily off leaves so i thought that maybe the tapping might drop a mite onto the spoon to whatever is used to collect?

thailer

it's been a big day! this morning i went over to a friends to watch him make oil. he hasn't made it in over a year and we were all talking hella so I don't know if i distracted him or what but at the end, he kept saying fuck, fuck fuuuuck. the oil was at the bottom of the silver collector and the parchment paper was not in there. so he dumped it upside down and some of it came out. then just to make everything awesome, the vacuum wouldn't work. so he tried another one and that one wouldn't work either. :laughing:

then i left there and got breakfast and drove out to a growers house i have been talking to because he has lots of high cbd plants and offered to show me his garden. I picked out the plant i wanted and he sent me home with a bunch of sample bags with numbers on them. he asked me if i would give him reports of each sample to help him pick out which plants he was keeping. I picked out a Master Hemp and it should have some test results to see how much CBD is in there in a few weeks. It was also nice getting to talk to a local grower because I am curious if the registered growers are ever checked for compliance. normally i don't have a problem keeping my plants below 15 but i want to pop beans. He said he hadn't heard of anyone being checked and would guess there would just be a fine involved. maybe some probation but nothing bad. so fingers crossed!

Next i ordered some Cheesedog beans from Connoisseur Genetics. got 20 beans of CD and 10 Church freebies to go through next. :jump:

Then the other night, Cecil told me the story of Cush before bedtime :coffee: and it was better than anything i'd read yet online. He recently got in touch with an old old friend who has kept Cush this whole time and he is really excited to get her back. i could hardly sleep afterwards.

The sun has been shining and the birds are chirping. It's spring weather and i'm really feeling positive. I hope everyone is having a awesome week! :biggrin:

thailer

i put four more plants in bloom today. GMO, Orange Cream, The One and Jelly Breath. its really crowded in there and hot. I want to rearrange the lights in the grow rooms and i'm hoping it will help. two of the lights are new to me and each one has a different type of hood so the light that is in the room is not uniform.

one light is a 1000w phantom DE commercial open reflector that cast light out far and wide. the other is the same brand but the hood is an enclosed hood that focuses the light in probably a 5x5 or 6x6?

one room is 8x6 with these two DE lights and the other is 5x6 with 1000w HPS. so i was thinking about putting the enclosed hood in the smaller room and just removing the light in there (i have three total) so i could save a 1000w. the light that casts light far and wide would be in the 8x6 and I was curious if the light would be able to cover that or close to it? i saw two graphs from phantom DE about the two styles of lights and it doesn't have that old school footprint guide like the HID lights did; ex: 1000w 4x4 600w 3x3. I'm guessing everything will be just fine. i'm mostly just talking out loud :biggrin: and recording when these plants go in bloom.

thailer

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Mac, Jelly Breath at 34 days and Orange Cream at 55 days

Jelly Breath has all her sparkle on the bottoms of the leaves. I caught an upskirt glimpse yesterday and thats where she is hiding it all at. Didn't bother to upload GMO pics because she isn't doing all that great. i took these days ago too. I'm putting them outdoors today while i work on fixing the lights in the room. maybe I can get some better pics.

Hope you guys are all doing good.

moses wellfleet

Veteran
Looking great as always!!

Keep us posted on your progress with the probiotic SIP? I think I have finally settled on my final design!!

thailer

as soon as i can get a plant in there, i will. so far the soil is staying moist and not drying out and it's been a couple weeks. normally when i let big pots sit in the grow room while it's running, they dry out after a few days even though there isn't a plant.

Now that the new room is filled up with eight plants, I can't get inside of it because every square inch is taken up by plants. I'm gonna have to take several plants out of the room every time i need to check for water and I am already hating it. its been four days. lol

So sips would be great so I don't have to do that as often. however, since theres going to be several gallons of water plus 20+ gallons of moist soil, the pots will be significantly heavier. the door jam keeps me from rolling them out the door so i have to lift each set of wheels over the jam.

I just did the light switch and the one reflector style covers the whole 8x6 room quite well. I'm about to go hang up the other light but i wanted to smoke some more bud and get warmed up.

thailer

so i got my beans from connoisseur genetics today. he told me since i tried to purchase from two different seedbanks that i could just direct order from him. got a dvd in the mail with Dude Where's My Car and all i can ask are where are my seeds? he said he would send me 20 cheesedog and 10 church but all i got was 11 cheesedog and some beans called nuisance neighbor? i am so bummed.

i even got four new plants today from this local CBD guy. don't even care. :shucks:

thailer

wonderful news! i heard back and will get the other pack of cheesedog soon and the nuisance neighbor is triangle cheesedog x london church, the testers being handed out right now. i have soil sitting ready to plant seeds in and i'm pretty sure these beans have been on my mind for several months. i have only bought seeds two times since i've been growing the last five years, so its really got to be special to me to lay down money. i've been sorta talking them up for the past few weeks so i am so happy to be able to pop them.

the cbd plants are doing ok and i'm still waiting on test results to pick the keeper. its called Master Hemp and its supposed to have barely any thc in it with high amounts of cbd. i got 3 pheno's of it and one CBD shark which i'm probably gonna toss.

got some pics. i'm really excited to get these plants to a point of finishing so i can just keep small moms in veg while i sort through these beans. if i pop all 20 cheesedog, i'm gonna have to keep a clone of each during bloom till i can start culling females i don't want. i plan on keeping one female that leans towards cheese and i want every male to set up an entire room for this. i haven't smelled cheese since 2015 and i am so excited.

MAC1 at 44 days
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

NCC of JB at 44 days
picture.php

Orange Cream at 64 days
picture.php

thailer

its like cracking open an orange with not much else. doesn't smell like pot as much as it does oranges. the oil has this slip factor when it's on your fingers feeling greasy before it gets sticky. the trichomes have purple stalks with clear heads. she has purple leaves only on the undersides and the top of the leaf stays green. i've been playing around with training her and after several rounds, i think she likes a more christmas tree shape without taking cuts off main branches, i was cloning her hella so she has lots of tops but the buds aren't as big and showy as they can be when she is just left alone to grow. she's really easy to grow and everyone who smokes her always asks for her again. if you like orange terps, she's one of the best if you can find a good keeper.

thailer

She is beautiful.

thank you! do you get a strong orange smell on your sour orange diesel?

sucks about the white flies man. i haven't dealt with them but i bet some spinosad would resolve that. i like to add a little bit of an oil based product like neem oil or JMS stylet oil when i use spinosad. you don't even need a full rate dose; just a little bit to help keep spinosad on the leaf longer which helps. i tried using a little JMS tank mixed with the spinosad and it really helped with a thrip infestation. two sprays a few days apart and gone.

thailer

well a while back moses wanted to see better pics of how i built my SIP and get some feedback on how well it worked. I am about to plant a clone in the one i built and I am building some others. I figured I could take better pics this time to explain what I was doing.

So I like to purchase the tough totes that are black with the yellow lids at Home Depot but Lowes has them on sale right now, 27 gallons for $7. they're almost as good as the HD brand but are good enough. the lip on the tote is wider and it provides some super durability where the regular storage totes most people use will bow at the sides or crack easily when installing the bulk heads.

So I bought bulk heads that are for 1/2' hydro tubing and a screen.

picture.php

the bulk head screws tight and has a rubber seal. you can hook up 1/2" tubing so it overflows outside my garage or i have put a gallon milk jug up to it and it just comes out the end. on the inside, a screen can screw inside the bulk head. i wrapped mine with some drain mesh. i'm sure panty hose is ok too.

picture.php

picture.php

the hole is pretty big and I don't have anything bigger than a 1/4" bit so i drew a circle using the screw on part of the bulk head and traced on the sticker. I drilled as close together as i could and then used a knife to cut it out better. I measured so the top of the hole was 3.75" from the bottom which leaves about an inch of perlite above the hole and a dry area so soil is not sitting in water and will sit above it allowing the perlite to wick water to keep it moist. the reservoir should hold about three inches of water.

picture.php

thailer

Next i took perforated 4" drain pipe and shaped it into an S shape on the bottom of the tote. Then I put a 1" pvc pipe in one corner and drilled two 1/4' holes to use a zip tie to secure it. this is where i fill up the reservoir. i wanted to create a float that would let me know when the water level is too low but i haven't made one that works yet. i'm thinking i might just use a wooden dowel and look at the wet area to measure like an oil dip stick.

picture.php

picture.php

Next I am going to mix up some soil and add to the top with a thick straw mulch. Then repeat this process till I have 8 totes ready to go.

heady blunts

prescription blunts
Veteran
is the 4” drain pipe just to create a larger void to act as the reservoir? last time i had looked at sip it was one container set into another with a wicking column connecting. this seems simpler and less materials :good: