What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Mexican Brick Weed

Longcock

Is Mexican brick weed any better now a days? The last time I worked with it was from Arizona and it was basically good frosty nugs with huge seeds. Skunk piss smell. Skunky piney taste. Paid 1000 per here in the Midwest. This was around 2001.

I wouldn't mind having some regs/mids seed though to play with, there could be some interesting phenotypes in there somewhere.

My buddy was in Tennessee a couple years ago and said his sister buys and smokes regs and I asked him to grab me some seeds which he did, but he washed the pants that had the seeds in the pocket :(

Longcock

Ive grown out some seeds from real nice brick and got a 50/50 mix of plants. One was mostly sativa the other was indica. The sativas were similar to the diesels I see today and the indica was rockhard skunky perfumy buds. These were from Arizona brick weed.

Longcock

Also grown out some seeds from brown bricks that smelled foul. Not much crystals and all were lengthy sativas with long colas that were real airy.

motaco

Old School Cottonmouth
Veteran
Have some pics in my gallery of mexi brick and the plants grown from it. That was a while too now though

GrowWhatYaSmoke

Local reg in Indiana. Smells like pink bubblegum.

Attachments

• 20160104_132350.jpg
    20160104_132350.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 37

JetLife175

Veteran
420giveaway
Most of the "Mexi" seeds I've popped recently (latest was 2011ish) came out of bags I bought myself while living in SE Texas. City I was in was a main hub for the cartels so we saw everything imaginable from them. From the high end batches (few seeds, unpressed) to the bottoms (mainly seeds and whatever else you may be lucky enough to find in your brick. Ranged from 2-600 a pizza and always... Always found seeds. Anywho. Noticed they were all mostly some sort of amsterd hybrid cannabis... Nothing like what used to be around. I'm only in my mid 30s so I had my father confirm that most everything was not as he remembers. That's not to say you can't find fire in Mexi bagseed. Happy hunting to whoever pops some. Always a blast to see what comes of it.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I got some damn fine fluffy green buds back in '99 while I was in Phoenix. $80 a zip and only had a few seeds in it. I saved those and popped a few and one of those plants is still in my top ten plants ever smoked. It was all Bazooka Joe start to finish. Wish I'd have known about cloning then. Id prob still be running it.

I havent seen schwag around my area in over 6 years now. BUT... Im not looking for it either. Im sure it's around in small quantities since the cartel is still around & doing their thang.

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
I've got a few of these in my seed stash, honestly now they are using the same genetics as everyone else. The quality (or lack thefeof) comes from the growing and handling tchniques. Basically it's a mystery, but sometimes that's fun!

blays0r

I always find it amusing when the snobs scoff at brick. Sometimes it's the only thing available, especially in smaller towns in states where the cannabis scene is still way behind the legal states. But some brick weed is not bad at all. Yes, much of it is low quality - lots of seeds due to lack of culling males - and poor processing, as was mentioned. But if you find a good hook up you might be surprised when some light green, super compact batch kicks your ass!

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
depends on your source...always has... I can get decent brick ......yeehaw..my source has gone to mexico many times and is friends with some farmers...he has been dealing with them for like 40 years or so atleast...that said I am still glad I grow my own...mexico has some damn good weed,,, its just not a lot of it makes it out to the general public and if it does it was handled poorly...

StankyBeamer

Professional A$$hole
I wouldn't mind having some regs/mids seed though to play with, there could be some interesting phenotypes in there somewhere.

My buddy was in Tennessee a couple years ago and said his sister buys and smokes regs and I asked him to grab me some seeds which he did, but he washed the pants that had the seeds in the pocket :(
I found a single bag seed in a # of Neville's haze that went through the wash 2 or 3 times before I figured out which pair of pants it was in, popped no problem, ran that pheno for a couple years. You should still try those seeds

S

sourpuss

bubblegum was bread in Indiana, that is most likely local bud

Yeah didnt th8nk that looked even close to mexi brick that i remember. Havent seen any since 2001... i think most peeps confuse mexi brick with the high quality sats crrom other countries... mexi brick is mostly weak ass sativas that yield ok. Theynever cared about quality. Just yield. I wonder when people say that its good.... its very reminiscent of todays all bag appeal buds without the appeal or flav. Same weak ass effect.

Jamaican usually was good import. Never the mexi.... just how it was here... maybe different elsewhere....

KiefSweat

Veteran
we used to get a lot of domesitc mid on the east coast thats seed grew better then any of the dutch bubblegum i've grown.
The type of stuff with a maybe a seed or three in every joints worth you break up. Prob a worked of sorts 70/30 hybrid. I've always wondered what Rob Clarke was doing when he was at U of Indiana writing books on weed