What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

ultimate tricantanol, brassilonide, bap-6 thread

Ok, so i have noticed a few things in regards to these hormones, the first being the vast amount of misinformation and lets not forget about all the absolutely useless threads that i peeled through. Two things never cease to happen. one being that no actual information is gathered, the other being that almost every thread ended up degrading into a rather unpleasant thread.

So here goes nothing.(let me take a domer before we start):thank you:

also all these products i am mentioning can be found at www.mbferts.com along with most all the guides on diluting these products for use.

I use dutch masters saturator for a wetting agent, spray in direct light of a 1000 watt and do not add anything else but azamax at times. works great

Tricantanol:needs polysorbate 20 to dissolve. this is a product used in Canna Boost and AN's nirvana. its tricky to measure since very little is used. i mix .1 grams into a gallon distilled water and this is enough for 50 spray bottles worth at the 1ppm. it works out like 31 ml. into the 2 liter sprayer then dilute with water.

I use this product in veg as well as in flower. in veg i give a 1ppm spray of this hormone every 7 days or so, so we can say once a week.

In flower from the start of flower i spray the 1 ppm solution every 3 to 4 days, (if you are one of the people still using the canna boost, foliar the boost every other day, as its more diluted) from the start of 12/12 up until week 4 or once the budsites become more pronounced. once foliar cannot be used anymore then i would water in 1ppm of tri every 3-5 days until flush if you would like, although i stop use a few weeks earlier.

Doing this produces some WIDE plants once the stretch is finished. twice as many tops in direct light, and a plant that looks twice as full if that makes sense. i would recommend this hormone to any and all as it is in alot of nutrients that sell for $100 a liter.

brassilonide: this product is water soluble, so very easy to use. in my opinion for use in veg only. i add .2 grams too a 2 liter sprayer and spray every 3 weeks. i do believe i am achieving a .03 ppm solution.
lets just say this is a plant steroid. well it is.

b.a.p-6: this hormone can be broken down using a KoH solution which i get pre mixed from mb ferts. add a few drops KoH to .2 grams bap6, then add 200 ml of warm to hot water. then dilute into your 2 liter sprayer. this renders the hormone ready. this solution i would recommend a 100-150 ppm spray of this at week 4 of flower, or when you start to see them really start to bud. you only need spray the one time. this is a synthetic cytokin, it will stop all upward growth and will make them put all effort into the buds.

so any questions i will be glad to answer. i will also do my best to get some pictures up. hope this thread ACTUALLY helps the people looking for a good base area to start these trials and experiments. if used correctly they will add to your yield and too the overall quality of your final product.

:peacock::peacock::peacock:

Dkgrower

Veteran
Nice write up - i have for a long time wanted to play and experiment with PGR but now i grow organic but i still find the topic intersting..

if u could come up with some comparison pictures so we can see the difference.

That would be nice

oh yeah. i will be taking pictures tonight of the ladies, its one room, 9 ladies, under a 1000, in 5 gallon smarties, they have been sprayed with Tricantanol for a little over 2 weeks.

all i have to offer up as comparison is my own dry weights of these strains that i am running as i have run most of them before in the same conditions.

so the strains i am running include: 3 Northern LightsxBlueberry, 2 Alpha Dawg ChemdawgxUknown, 2 Blueberry x White Widow, 1 Headband, and 1 Pineapple Thai bagseed

The yeilds for me before using hormones include:
Northern Bluberries yeild around 3oz a plant of high quality for myself under 1000 watts

Alpha Dawg around 3oz or a little more. Half of that being high quality, the rest oil material

Blue Widow yields are at least 3 oz. with less than half being high quality due to airiness, but crystal content is top notch, so its an oil plant for me also.

Headband yields are high if the plants are vegged, so this one i have is a small giant. before i grew some smaller ones and they yielded respectively. so i expect big things, as this is my first big one.

Pineapple Thai is a bagseed that i grew out, so it could be P.T. crossed with anything. so this one seems to be a female, has only showed a few hairs as of yet, so im hoping for a female.

i should explain i love to sprout bagseeds. i am aware of the apparent risks, but you would be surprised the keepers you can find in dank. just take clones then flower them out, if its nice then you have keepers. not recommended to breed with these, just too find a one of a kind strain. IMO.

so EXPECTED YIELD guess: anywhere from 18-21 ounces WITHOUT the use of hormones, just a regular coco a & b grow, vegged the same as these, and finished off with dry koolbloom. along with some other nutrients. the list doesnt top $250-300 for an entire grow. also with the use of co2.

Of course there are some variables, but most will be the same, with the addition of this room of plants has been treated for 2 weeks with Tricant, and will be foliar fed it until week four then i will add it too the water until week 10 or so. Also will recieve the B.A.P-6 in the 4th or 5th week.

these are Sativa Dominant Strains for the most part, so they will go around 14 weeks possibly. So lets keep that in mind also.

all input is appreciated. Of course.

most of the time though i find myself growing a room of 5 or more strains, and my last being of 9 strains in one room. so yield isnt always on the top of my list, where as QUALITY is always what i strive for. crystal content the most of all, because thats where the magic happens.

heres some random pictures of harvests past for some comparision

Attachments

• IMAG0385.jpg
    IMAG0385.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 49
  • IMAG0386.jpg
    IMAG0386.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 58
  • 20120824_114748.jpg
    20120824_114748.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 50
  • IMAG0833.jpg
    IMAG0833.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 55
  • IMAG0861.jpg
    IMAG0861.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 45
Found some comparison possibly

Found some comparison possibly

these pictures are from around week 3 or 4 of a room i ran awhile back before i ever found hormones. didnt even think these existed since i use magnetic ballasts still its hard too get pics sometimes.

well there you go. :artist:

Attachments

• IMAG0143.jpg
    IMAG0143.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 47
  • IMAG0144.jpg
    IMAG0144.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 43
  • IMAG0147.jpg
    IMAG0147.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 45
14 days into flower.

14 days into flower.

so these pics are of the room and of a few of the girls. they are 14 days into flower today. and today they will recieve their first bloom food. liquid koolbloom.

i wish i had pics of the begginging of 12/12 so you could see the growth that these ladies have gone through. its much bushier than previous growth, and there is about double the amount of tops in direct light. they have been sprayed 3 times with tricantanol, and they will recieve many more sprays of it.

next week will be my next update. sorry for pic quality, but with this ballast it makes it difficult for pics.

Attachments

• 20130413_020336.jpg
    20130413_020336.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 47
  • 20130413_020341.jpg
    20130413_020341.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 42
  • 20130413_020356.jpg
    20130413_020356.jpg
    121.7 KB · Views: 53
  • 20130413_020402.jpg
    20130413_020402.jpg
    134.1 KB · Views: 40
  • 20130413_020410.jpg
    20130413_020410.jpg
    115.6 KB · Views: 51
so far though this is the most explosive stretch phase i have seen. and also the most filled out stretch i have witnessed. I will take some pics of the bottoms too, so you can see the stalks on these ladies.

also, i had to chop the pinapple thai last night. it was a genetic hermie. had sacs and hairs. lol but it was a bagseed, so this was one of the expected outcomes, would have been nice to see her though.

Attachments

• 20130413_015941.jpg
    20130413_015941.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 41
here is an update of the other plants in the same room. the first 2 pics are of my Headband. the other is of the Alpha Dawg. Enjoy

and the pics earlier the first 2 single plant pictures are northern blueberry and the last is of the blue widow.

these plants have stretched out instead of up during their stretch phase. a handy tool indeed. they recieved bloom food 2 days ago, on day 14, but were just starting to put out good pistils without the bloom regiment, so they are ready. they recieved 1 tsp/ gallon liquid koolbloom and molasses to get things started. also with a root feed of trican. of 1 ppm.

so thanks for stopping by the next pics up should be some nice buds forming. so far i will say i am super impressed with the tricantanol, also i have been spraying once a week in the veg room, and have given my veg their first taste of Brassilonide, so i will get some veg room pics up also.

:dance013:

Attachments

• Sss2.jpg
    Sss2.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 47
    55.5 KB · Views: 63
  • Sss3.jpg
    Sss3.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 41
update

update

So today is day 19 of the flower phase. i am just chiming in to say things are going very well. lots of new growth still and also the start of some lovely pistils. I am going to be pruning up the bottoms of all these ladies tonight so there will be room down there. theres already room, but due to the growth on these girls there are shoots down low getting Zero light.

There is 8 ladies under one 1000 watt. a gram a watt is 2.23 lbs, so that is what i am shooting for.(I have never came close to that number. The most i have ever pulled off one light is around 1.5) I am pruning to try and get as much high quality in the light that i can, as i usually don't bother trimming the real small stuff, that's for oil and such. i will probably take some veg pics and some pics of the stalks like i was saying. i am going to leave the plant pics until around the 21st, since that is about 1 week from the last ones.

hope all is well in the gardens!!! this is really my first use of actual hormones ever in my 4 or 5 years of growing, so basically if you are following this thread you will see first hand what this stuff can do.

today also is a spray too the veg room of 1ppm tricantanol and on the 21st a spray of brassilonide.

the flower was sprayed two days ago with trican. So two days from now another spray.

RetroGrow

Veteran
Been using triacontanol for years in the form of Canna Boost, although I always mix it into feed as opposed to spraying. The main effect I have noticed from triacontanol is it makes plants finish faster, by 5-7 days, depending on strain. So if you are using it on plants that finish in 70 days, be ready to harvest @ 65 days.

thanks for the response

thanks for the response

thank you for that. i will be sure to keep an eye out. that is mainly why i chose to run sativa dominant, because i felt they would react a bit easier.

i would hope for a quicker finish as some of these more sativa influences can go for past 16 weeks no problem. i am hoping that along with the bap-6 spray that this will get them to finish up a but quicker.

i also started with the canna boost also, i just notice the huge cost on the label. 1000 a liter, wew! anyways, its a good product, but i just made one gallon of tricantanol foliar 1ppm, and that will last me 50 sprays. i used .1 of a gram of my 5 grams of tricantanol. :woohoo: and it cost me around 20 bucks for the 5 gram.

RetroGrow

Veteran
thank you for that. i will be sure to keep an eye out. that is mainly why i chose to run sativa dominant, because i felt they would react a bit easier.

i would hope for a quicker finish as some of these more sativa influences can go for past 16 weeks no problem. i am hoping that along with the bap-6 spray that this will get them to finish up a but quicker.

i also started with the canna boost also, i just notice the huge cost on the label. 1000 a liter, wew! anyways, its a good product, but i just made one gallon of tricantanol foliar 1ppm, and that will last me 50 sprays. i used .1 of a gram of my 5 grams of tricantanol. :woohoo: and it cost me around 20 bucks for the 5 gram.

Yes, Boost is a rip off, even though it works. That's a good link for a cheaper alternative. Of course, Canna doesn't list triacontanol as an ingredient in Boost, even though it is the main ingredient. They don't want you to know what's in it, but I know a Canna rep, and he confirmed "off the record" what it was years ago. I know you can get it cheap on Ebay too, but that is a good link for all that kind of stuff. I will start ordering from there.

yeah, mbferts shipped from Michigan to California in like 3 days, i was surprised. they do have some other hormones, but i have heard too many bad things about the gibberlic acid, but i have been waiting to try some of the IBA or other rooting hormones on some veg plants. other than that i think that, they have the trichoderma powder, bactilus subtilus powders, and i picked up some of the 11-0-0 10% magnesium water soluble. did one foliar on my veg room and they seemed to have liked it quite well. Also many people have had problems breaking these hormones down in water, and dont like working with the potassium hydroxide, so mbferts sends the liquid solution, so all you need is a few drops to break down hormones. easy peezy. here i am sounding like a mbferts sales rep. CAN I GET A JOB?:tiphat:

if anyone would like to chime in on these rooting hormones i would be happy too hear.

also anyone have any experience with the sodium benzoate? it is listed as a preservative for adding too liquid solutions too keep them good????

update of stalks and of two little seeded plants

update of stalks and of two little seeded plants

so here are the stalks of these beasts. i usually see them about this size, but a few are just real fat for sure. i use bat guano in my coco and a product called elemental by roots organics, its what i use instead of lime for the cal/mag buffer in the coco. works well for me, just mix it right in, i am thinking of using some other amendments just not sure what yet.

the seeded plants are a purple hindu kush variety named here in norcal as "Grand Queen Purple". the other is a "black domina". chosen from a pack of 75 or so seeds by a lady up here in norcal. both very indica dominant. these have been pollinated with Fem pollen from a "Toxic Punch" i ran 14 weeks to get sacs to show. its sativa dominant for sure, its a blueberry x casey jones x the white. (from what ive heard) we will see how the seed turns out.

anyways. tonight i will be taking veg pics and i will be taking bud pics. the ladies are about 3 1/2 weeks into flower now.

Attachments

• 20130421_004744.jpg
    20130421_004744.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 30
  • 20130421_004732.jpg
    20130421_004732.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 30
  • 20130421_002825.jpg
    20130421_002825.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 28
  • 20130421_002803.jpg
    20130421_002803.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 29
  • 20130421_002839.jpg
    20130421_002839.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 29
Day 24..

Day 24..

so here is day 24, so its 3 1/2 weeks. These ladies are really just budding out nicely, i must say. I have not seen this early of a bloom on sativas in awhile, it is VERY nice.

I sprayed 2 days ago with Tricantanol, and at week 4 they will be getting a 150 ppm spray of BAP-6, and they will be getting their first taste of the DRY koolbloom (just a small taste) :laughing:

anyone think a higher spray PPM of the BAP-6 is needed???

Attachments

• 20130423_221303.jpg
    20130423_221303.jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 39
  • 20130423_221236.jpg
    20130423_221236.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 26
  • 20130423_221214.jpg
    20130423_221214.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 28
  • 20130423_221151.jpg
    20130423_221151.jpg
    117.6 KB · Views: 28
  • 20130423_221113.jpg
    20130423_221113.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 43
and a few closeups.

Attachments

• 20130423_221419.jpg
    20130423_221419.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 28
  • 20130423_221502.jpg
    20130423_221502.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 24
  • 20130423_221606.jpg
    20130423_221606.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 22

blastfrompast

Veteran
any concerns with smoking any of the hormones...? Do they break down pretty quickly...any off taste?

That is my big concern with foliar feeding during bloom....