What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

SAD

Carraxe

Veteran
Well, it is what an ideal Afghan would be. I don't think it's got Skunk, but it has Northern Lights for sure.

This is the one I selected between 14 plants, and only after testing all 14. Hard rock nugs and hash taste and smell. I think selection is needed since the S1 from this Black Domina cut can produce aired buds and irregular plants.

Cheers

Nirrity

well i don't have any personal growing experience with afghan. but i have quite a lot of experience with smoking landrace indicas. i am from russia and we used to get lots of landrace schwag from post soviet republic (uzbeki, tajiki, kyrgyz etc) as well as afghani. it was prior the onset of indoor growing, i didn't know how lucky i was. at the time i was just an average uneducated smoker, thinking that all weed is like that. didn't know sativa exist even. anyway, 2 most memorable varieties were "afghani" and "uzbeki". i don't know whether they were actually afghani and uzbeki, but we used to believe this dealer.

"afghani" was the most lethargic weed i ve ever tried. 5 minutes after consumption and all talks stopped. it was couchlocking to the point of being actually incapacitating. even small involuntary movements ceased. time seems to stop and you go on a inner trip. after an hour or so you sort of nod out, i wouldn't call this " sleep" as you still were under the influence, it was more like a final phase from where from yet after another hour you slip into proper slumber. i didn't quite like it as it was a party killer and sort of emotionless, very tranquil.

"uzbeki" was my favourite. it was very euphoric, great humor enhancer and just overall "enhancer". simple food turned into fabulous feast, extreme munchies, dry mouth, red eyes and lots of laughs. music became out of this world, i remember loosing all sense of reality listening to supermodified of amon tobin and prince blimey of red snapper, among many other things. it was sort of dreamy, you began to see beauty in all simple details in life. just looking into some random picture could draw you into some other place and time. it had heavy bodystone, but not to the point of being nonfunctional like "afghani". time seemed to slow down. after an hour or so you normally crash and become very drowsy and tired. sort of pleasantly though, like after a hot bath and massage session, tieing shoelaces was an ordeal. it has smallest seeds i've ever seen. both varieties affected short term memory badly.

wasgedn

i wanted s1 but got f1 ...i didnt had time to wait and try these now..can compare then...
picture.php

back row and 1 in the middle is the monster shooter..4weeks 1day veg- 5 days 1212
picture.php

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I will add that of the many strains I have given to a friend, this is the one that he asked for more of. Might have asked for another strain but I do not remember it. This is out of dozens of strains.

weedtoker

Veteran
Even in the F1's goes very nice. I'm running these again, have made seeds and even if this classifies as regional preference in profile, it is a special line, otherwise would not be alive for almost 20 years. You'll find more acrid phenos, but for me SAD shines in the equilibrium of the sweet and sour and specially the sweeter plants, and so do the Sweet/floral/earthy resins that come out of them, if you want a nice selected variety with hashplant/affie plus added traits, this is a nice and easy that rewards you...

cheers

Dog Star

Veteran
Nice reports...

Nirrity thanx for explanation on Uzbeki.. hope you saved those small seeds,

happy weed is so rare today..

wasgedn

i dont like the f1...it need much longer then neville s1...at least driving organig
4 plants only one bd98 pheno...
picture.php

in front left its 1 cola of 4 colas f1 pheno ..need maybe even 11 weeks 1212...and sativa look like...in the middle is s1 pheno...but not so bd98 growstrucure but the buds look like it..
picture.php

Mohadib

Veteran
As far as I can tell, the SAD S1 is well capable of putting out pretty neat represenations of Sensi's pre-2000 Black Domina - my memory of her is pretty cloudy, since the last time I've had legit BD was about '97. Quite a bunch of 'old school' smokers have corroborated my impression though...

Anyway, as of yet, my experience with her is very positive and I can only attest to what others have said about the super mellow, warm and friendly high she provides as well as the smell/taste you might get from the line.
The pheno I'm currently running is a rather fast and stretchy one. She has a musky, semi-sweet, yet spicey hash smell to her, that's accompanied by nuances of dried flowers, rotten fruits and licorice, all wrapped up in some kind of ungulate smell. Very unusual and very nice! Smell and taste are almost identical, though the taste is not as strong as the intense smell suggests.

Here's some pics of her @ 52 days (I had to take her down a little early beacuse 'reasons'. She probably could have gone full nine weeks but the smoke is pretty good nonetheless):

picture.php

picture.php

And this is how she currently looks @ 41 days:

picture.php

picture.php

I can recommend SAD S1 to anyone who's on the lookout for a strong, yet pleasant indica as well as anyone who has a soft spot for unusual flavors, especially since the seeds are quite reasonably priced:tiphat:

wasgedn

yep the s1 is great and fast....but not the f1

super mellow, warm and friendly high she provide
yep neville bd98 valencia cut...same ace used maybe...chance are good...ace is from valencia too...like sws....

but the current sensi seeds bd have a lot of deppressive phenos...not like the sad s1...neville s1

weedtoker

Veteran
yep the s1 is great and fast....but not the f1

yep neville bd98 valencia cut...same ace used maybe...chance are good...ace is from valencia too...like sws....

but the current sensi seeds bd have a lot of deppressive phenos...not like the sad s1...neville s1

I was actually saying BD'98 outcrosses, like the Sweet Cheese or the Blackjack... Seems, BD'98 is a good outcrosser anyways, and also a fine smoke in it's S1 form, never tried the sensi's black domina to compare tough... Satisfied in any case, as I've been loving the balance of the work that Sweet Seeds has achieved with the S1, heady wide leafs to be found here for sure, some more relaxing than others...
biggrin.gif

wasgedn

i would say neville has worked this balance , sws just spray sts on pre98 bd cut from sensi seeds...neville has worked there...but he is log gone from sensi seeds...

sweetcheese is top rated on sws list on finder..

jayd

i just found out from a friend that he has a pk of unopened original black domina seeds from about 1993 what he got as a gift direct from ben dronkers what is hand signed by ben as well. he also has a pk of super skunk signed from ben as well from the same time. ive offered my friend a oz of good bud for them and he said no. i ssaid name your price but he wont sell them. he did say if they are still viable he will make f2s and give me a load of seeds and cuts from them as well. i remember smoking black domina in the long gone sensi seeds coffeeshop in amsterdam around 94 and it wiped me out. have grown SAD and it was a nice smoke but wasnt the same as the black dom id smoked in amsterdam but SAD is from a select pheno. have had uk grown black dom a few times over the past couple of years and even thou its been nice its been nothing like the stuff in the 90s

Carraxe

Veteran
i just found out from a friend that he has a pk of unopened original black domina seeds from about 1993 what he got as a gift direct from ben dronkers what is hand signed by ben as well. he also has a pk of super skunk signed from ben as well from the same time. ive offered my friend a oz of good bud for them and he said no. i ssaid name your price but he wont sell them. he did say if they are still viable he will make f2s and give me a load of seeds and cuts from them as well. i remember smoking black domina in the long gone sensi seeds coffeeshop in amsterdam around 94 and it wiped me out. have grown SAD and it was a nice smoke but wasnt the same as the black dom id smoked in amsterdam but SAD is from a select pheno. have had uk grown black dom a few times over the past couple of years and even thou its been nice its been nothing like the stuff in the 90s

You (your friend) have seeds that have waited for +30 years. They are dead and they don't worth anything.

I've grown hundreds of SAD seeds and I didn't find anything as strong as BD '98. I hope I'll keep this one for years

jayd

You (your friend) have seeds that have waited for +30 years. They are dead and they don't worth anything.

I've grown hundreds of SAD seeds and I didn't find anything as strong as BD '98. I hope I'll keep this one for years

they have been in his fridge, perhaps some might pop but they might not. my mate has hardly grown much for years and he only grows for personal smoke now so he doesnt grow many plants. hes going try pop them spring and if he doesnt il try my hardest to get them off him to try. il get a photo of the 2 when i next go over his.

JustSumTomatoes

Indicas make dreams happen
they have been in his fridge, perhaps some might pop but they might not. my mate has hardly grown much for years and he only grows for personal smoke now so he doesnt grow many plants. hes going try pop them spring and if he doesnt il try my hardest to get them off him to try. il get a photo of the 2 when i next go over his.

That would be awesome, I'd love to see the old packs. If by some chance those seeds were to pop and produce f2s, I for one would be really interested in them. Supposedly the old BD is a real insomnia buster.

Latest posts

Latest posts