What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Quiet fan recommendations

DanTheReggaeFan

Does anyone have any recommendations for quiet fans? Both extraction and oscillating please. My new flat has paper think walls and sound is a real issue at the moment. I've got fan controllers to dim them down but it's not really helping with temps. Its getting to around 30c with only a 400w whilst I'm vegging and I wanted to flower under 600w so they would defo fry under that.

R

Rab.C

i have paper walls also i use a iso max 6ins and you cant here it running

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ok Dan,,,
This won’t be cheap but it will do the trick,,,
1 boxed acoustic exhaust
Acoustic ducting to fit to the exhaust,,,
Stand outside the door and if done correctly then you won’t be able to hear nowt,,,
A Honeywell oscillating fan will make a slight noise but it don’t travel imho,,
Best of luck,,,,,s2

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
For exhaust, use a big fan & run on the lowest setting. I had the standard 4" & I was always battling temps. I now use an 8" on low. Better airflow & much quieter. But I don't use a carbon filter which are pricey if you need an 8".

tbd

Hydro8

For the exhaust, insulated exhaust ducting will cut noise down, hanging the fan on a rubber strap will also help. Can fans get their air from the ducting so you could build a insulated box around it to absorb noise.

Oscillating fans vary in noise levels you can go into a store that has floor models and test them, usually the cheaper the fan the more noise it will make.

Mountainkush

While a little less powerful than a similarly price inline fan, I’ve had good luck with the vortex s-line fans. All I hear is the air moving so with some better ducting it should be pretty silent. My bedroom is next to my grow room and I can’t hear them through the wall. I have 2 running full power.

troutman

Seed Whore
To add a little distraction to cover the fan noise.

You could set up a radio or TV on a timer to go on during the day.

Latest posts

Latest posts