What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Suspicious projects

Suspect

Veteran
Bought a big cylinder net for my setup, trying to get 2 more clones asap so I can fill the whole net by flowering.

picture.php

:blowbubbles:

Suspect

Veteran
i disagree, cuz I read on another thread this metal halide needs a glass to filter certain UV rays harmful for plants..The tube is basically just hanging there, not connected in either end to anything.

Suspect

Veteran
1/2 Jack herer confirmed female
Diesel Haze male

So I have like 7 cuts from about 2 weeks back off the female JH, thinking of taking them to a veg box aside for a week or two then get them inside the flowering tent.

This project was doomed to begin with as seeds died along, future looks brighter though with alotta Sensi Jack herer :D

bobblehead

Veteran
i disagree, cuz I read on another thread this metal halide needs a glass to filter certain UV rays harmful for plants..The tube is basically just hanging there, not connected in either end to anything.

what? lol... Let's clear something up real quick. Outdoor plants don't have any sort of glass "filter" protecting them from the sun's UV rays... and in response to the damaging UV rays, the plant produces more resin. Trichomes are the plants natural defense. So with that being said, do you still want to put a jacket on the MH?

With your algae issue... You don't need to use hydroton, you can you perlite, you just have to bring it up higher than the feed line. Algae will grow on hydroton the same as perlite, but if it doesn't have water or nutrients, it can't grow.

Keep up the good work. :wave:

Suspect

Veteran
what? lol... Let's clear something up real quick. Outdoor plants don't have any sort of glass "filter" protecting them from the sun's UV rays... and in response to the damaging UV rays, the plant produces more resin. Trichomes are the plants natural defense. So with that being said, do you still want to put a jacket on the MH?

With your algae issue... You don't need to use hydroton, you can you perlite, you just have to bring it up higher than the feed line. Algae will grow on hydroton the same as perlite, but if it doesn't have water or nutrients, it can't grow.

Keep up the good work. :wave:

I've just switch to bare bulb HPS few days ago so everyone's happy :D

I swear there was some serious discussion about this MH bulb I got that not all, but this one needs some "shield" of glass. hmmmm...:thinking:

Greenheart

Veteran
I read somewhere that when light is passed thru a trichome head UV bands get absorbed while other bands pass thru. I will keep looking for the article but while doing so I came across this.

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.1751-1097.1987.tb04757.x/abstract

"The effects of UV-B radiation on photosynthesis, growth and cannabinoid production of two greenhouse-grown C. sativa chemotypes (drug and fiber) were assessed. Terminal meristems of vegetative and reproductive tissues were irradiated for 40 days at a daily dose of 0, 6.7 or 13.4 kJ m-2 biologically effective UV-B radiation. Infrared gas analysis was used to measure the physiological response of mature leaves, whereas gas-liquid chromatography was used to determine the concentration of cannabinoids in leaf and floral tissue.

There were no significant physiological or morphological differences among UV-B treatments in either drug- or fiber-type plants. The concentration of Δ9-tetrahydrocannabinol (Δ9-THC), but not of other cannabinoids, in both leaf and floral tissues increased with UV-B dose in drug-type plants. None of the cannabinoids in fiber-type plants were affected by UV-B radiation.

The increased levels of Δ9-THC in leaves after irradiation may account for the physiological and morphological tolerance to UV-B radiation in the drug-type plants. However, fiber plants showed no comparable change in the level of cannabidiol (a cannabinoid with UV-B absorptive characteristics similar to Δ9 THC). Thus the contribution of cannabinoids as selective UV-B filters in C. sativa is equivocal"

Lydon, J., Teramura, A. H. and Coffman, C. B. (1987), UV-B RADIATION EFFECTS ON PHOTOSYNTHESIS, GROWTH and CANNABINOID PRODUCTION OF TWO Cannabis sativa CHEMOTYPES. Photochemistry and Photobiology, 46: 201–206. doi: 10.1111/j.1751-1097.1987.tb04757.x

Author Information

1 Department of Botany, University of Maryland, College Park, MD 20742, USA
2 USDA-ARS, Southern Weed Science Laboratory, P.O. Box 350, Stoneville, MS 38776, USA

3 USDA-ARS, Weed Science Laboratory, AEQ. I, Beltsville, MD 20705

*Correspondence: John Lydon,
*Correspondence: *To whom correspondence should be adressed.

Publication History
Issue published online: 2 JAN 2008
Article first published online: 2 JAN 2008
(Received 29 August 1986; accepted 24 February 1987)

Suspect

Veteran
UPDATE with a few new photos.

It is early flowering, not sure how many days in tho.

Nice typical jack herer scent!

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Suspect

Veteran
Jack Herer X days

Jack Herer X days

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

What do you think is the reason for the yellowing on the middle part leaves? Obviously it's the most light intense area too.

Im having very similar problems right now, with my C99, very close structure. Mild yellowing on leaves closest to the bulb, and leaf Clawing and curling. Cant seem to bring them back, i am in week 4 of flower. Sorry to vent, just looks so close.

Suspect

Veteran
Had the same "problems" in my last vertgrow, top leaves were curling but I think only because the light wasn't directed downwards on them so there's no Nitrogen "claw" here.

I still think we're having the bulb closer than "optimum" :comfort:

Suspect

Veteran
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Very interested to see how this turns out, the leaves are yellowing already and the buds look like this. I fked up with the nutes in early flower :(

Enjoy photos anyway! :)

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
You'll want to see if you can find GH Maxibloom. Lucas in a dry fert. :D

Maxibloom and Hempy are fabulous together. :D

Stay Safe! :blowbubbles: