What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

How do you post pictures on ICMag?

DTOM420

Sorry for asking what’s probably a stupid question but I just can’t figure out how to post an image - let’s say, from my phone - in a thread. Ugh! Lol! All the other forums I belong to have a “Attach image” or “Upload file” button. I managed to upload a couple images to my “gallery” and then link to them; but it seems that you’re pretty limited in the number of photos you can put into your galleries. So, that doesn’t seem like a good option for posting snapshots or memes or just fun stuff you want to share or use to illustrate a question or comment. How do I do it here on ICMag?

Thanks to anyone that helps this stupid old guy! Lol!

WHIPEDMEAT

Modortalan
Supermod
Veteran
Hi Colombo, welcome to ICMag!

When you insert an image from your album you have several options available if you're using the "insert image" button next to the message box under "Go Advanced". Make sure you select the full image to place, and not the thumbnail. That is using the Full Site template.

When using our mobile template, you will be presented with your albums, then the images in an album. When you click on an individual image in the album it will then go full size. If you can, just drag the image into the message box. If not, then copy the image url and paste it into the post using the image icon: View Image

All images that are bigger than our limits will be resized on upload and EXIF info removed. Your limits will go higher once you go from newbie to member to supporter.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=354908

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=353683

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=353621

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=350376

Dog Star

Veteran
I post them normal croped but they upload 90 degrees in left side no matter what i do..

same pics uploaded on another canna board are uploaded in normal croped position..

This wasnt happend before..!

DTOM420

Dang. Thanks for the dissapointing answer, lol! Can’t believe in 2018 they haven’t incorporated a better image uploading protocol! Pretty sure that’s a phone ringing I hear - it’s probably 2004 calling and asking for their forum image system back. LMAO! What a pain in the rear!

I was just reading a thread where people were lamenting the loss of members and a lessening of traffic on here. They were blaming all sorts of stuff but maybe it has to do with the lack of images. Lol. If I used a laptop or desktop it prolly wouldn’t be a hassle but on a phone it seems pretty awkward if I’m understanding this correctly....edit/crop images to keep them properly oriented then upload to an album then find the link for it then go to your post and paste the link (but don’t post more than 5) and then hope it all worked correctly. -is that about right?

shithawk420

Veteran
I've had this problem forever.unfortunatly I can't help cause I can never remember how the hell I did it.couple good people here helped me out.im sure someone will help you.

Mengsk

I'm not a moderator or anything but it is useful to have smaller picture sizes. I'm not sure all visitors have broadband internet and just because it's convenient to post hi res images using 4G or something on your smart phone doesn't make it easy for everyone else to view. I know it's a hassle and I have no clue about the sideways images (sometimes they look better though maybe it's just the screen) but maybe it isn't that easy look at what happened with photobucket not long ago. I use Windows with right click to rotate and MS Paint or GNU Image Manipulation Program to crop and resize to about 30% of the original depending on the megapixels and clarity. Quality is lost and my camera isn't a DSLR but the picture always looks about the same at 50% size with this particular camera give or take so it's worthwhile to resize and usually crop them first.

DTOM420

I'm not a moderator or anything but it is useful to have smaller picture sizes. I'm not sure all visitors have broadband internet and just because it's convenient to post hi res images using 4G or something on your smart phone doesn't make it easy for everyone else to view. I know it's a hassle and I have no clue about the sideways images (sometimes they look better though maybe it's just the screen) but maybe it isn't that easy look at what happened with photobucket not long ago. I use Windows with right click to rotate and MS Paint or GNU Image Manipulation Program to crop and resize to about 30% of the original depending on the megapixels and clarity. Quality is lost and my camera isn't a DSLR but the picture always looks about the same at 50% size with this particular camera give or take so it's worthwhile to resize and usually crop them first.

Thanks man! I’ve got a editing program on my phone that will work for resizing. Just sux to have to go through all those steps just to include an image. Especially when most forums make it so much easier to post pix. This is such a image-friendly/dependent topic. It’s not like it’s a political debate forum where words are all you need.

Mengsk

I'm not quite enough of a techie to suggest any web forum image stuff, I rather use it as is or imgur. The phone apps are great but I'd almost prefer straight html with pictures for a web forum :)

dufous

I go through all the steps. Open the image in an image editing app. Rotate the image all the way around. Save it. Attach the saved image to my post. I do that no matter what orientation the image has on my device.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm not quite enough of a techie to suggest any web forum image stuff, I rather use it as is or imgur. The phone apps are great but I'd almost prefer straight html with pictures for a web forum :)

Exactly.

Latest posts

Latest posts