What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

87yr old tasered while reportedly gardening

"A grandmother was Tasered by police officers as she reportedly cut dandelions in a garden.

Martha Al-Bishara, 87, said she was gardening with a kitchen knife at a youth club near her home on Friday when police received a call saying she was trespassing.

Officers in rural Georgia, US, arrived and ordered the pensioner to drop the knife but as she doesn’t speak English, she didn’t do so.

Martha Al-Bishara was taken to hospital after the incident. The Syrian immigrant was then arrested and taken to hospital to have treatment for her injuries.

‘She’s recovering, you know. Still a little sore from what she’s gone through,’ her nephew Solomon Douhne told WSB-TV.

The former police officer added: ‘Less-lethal force is the practice that we normally follow, but in this case, you know, if you could tell the communication wasn’t working, she was not posing a threat, give it time, let it play out.

‘She just brought the knife onto the property in her hand. She didn’t try to attack anybody or anything.

Al-Bishara was charged with criminal trespass and obstructing an officer Friday when police held her at gunpoint before bringing her to the ground with a jolt from the electrified prongs of a stun gun. Officers used the taser on Al-Bishara when she didn't obey commands to drop a knife in her hand. Relatives said Al-Bishara does't speak English and was merely cutting out dandelions with a kitchen knife near her home in Chatsworth.

Martha was charged with criminal trespass and obstructing an officer.

‘She really didn’t know what was going on or why they were there. She had no clue what to expect.

‘If three police officers couldn’t handle an 87-year-old woman, you might want to consider hanging up your badge.’"

Oliver Pantsoff

Veteran
Saw this in the news the other day. They didnt even have to tase her. Shes 87, and she looks 87!! All it took was 1 officer to grab the knife from her. Simple.
The whole it was "protocol" thing is getting out of hand. Fuck the guys that did that to her.

OP

shithawk420

Veteran
Not surprised it was in GA.lived there 15 years what surprised me the most is a Syrian actually living in GA.

justanotherbozo

Veteran
...this is why learning basic english is a good idea for all foreign born visitors to this country.

...and considering how many cops have been ambushed and murdered over the last couple of years i'd say this woman is lucky she wasn't shot.

...and all the knife attacks lately? ...i'd say the cops did nothing wrong here.

bozo

JustSumTomatoes

Indicas make dreams happen
That could have went much worse. Hopefully the bullshit charges will get dropped. Police will never be social workers.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Those are the true definition of PIGS!

Fuckin idiots would run their asses off if they encountered any REAL danger!

And then to give the poor old lady a criminal trespass charge for providing a service for free?

WTF is this world coming to?

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Saw this in the news the other day. They didnt even have to tase her. Shes 87, and she looks 87!! All it took was 1 officer to grab the knife from her. Simple.
The whole it was "protocol" thing is getting out of hand. Fuck the guys that did that to her.

OP

"Protocol" is for people that cannot think for themselves.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
Not surprised it was in GA.lived there 15 years what surprised me the most is a Syrian actually living in GA. QUOTE]
i was surprised that the responding officers did not just shoot her & claim she made an "aggressive move" at them...she is lucky to be alive.:comfort:

shithawk420

Veteran
Yeah,no kidding hippy.i remember a story in Atlanta.91 year old grandma got her door kicked in cause her grandson was dealing drugs from her house.shot her dead without warning. can't stand this world anymore.Dont fuck around in GA guys

militia420

OP

"It was protocol" is the get out of jail card, just like "I feared for my life". These guys are sadists. There's no way any of them could have possibly been scared of this old lady. They wanted to torture her. Torturers should be EXECUTED. There's no place in a civilized society for such creatures.

rod58

that makes me so fucking angry ! then the pigs wonder why people do carry weapons .

surely though there's such a thing as undue force ?