What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Best expatriate countries for smokers?

Loc Dog

Hobbies include "drinkin', smokin' weed, and all k
Veteran
Really tired so may edit this. Columbia allows 20 plants, but only 20 grams of bud, which is fucked, or trying to extort growers. Costa Rica is supposed to be best. Still may need bribe if unlucky. Peru allows like five grams bud, and 2 grams blow. I have not done any good since 1980's and none this century.

brendon420

"americans" pondering whats outside of "america" in "america"

thats some comedy

i guess its the same as others seeing "america" as a promised land.

my advice? keep your "american" expectations at the border and whatever you "expect"
and you 'might' find what you're looking for (UNited states outside of the UNited states)

other than that, good luck....

"they have to speak english" lolllollol

where ever you go, there you are. if you dont like your home, make it better.

woolybear

Veteran
Money is my number one problem long time un-employed from network security profession, so skills outdated, and do not have money to spend to get up to speed. Also market now sucks and corps hire foreigners that want H1B visa, and pay them 1/3rd as much.

Thanks for the info about network sec. Was thinking about going to community college for that, but wondered why there weren't that many jobs for net sec on indeed.

Loc Dog

Veteran
Thanks for the info about network sec. Was thinking about going to community college for that, but wondered why there weren't that many jobs for net sec on indeed.

Everything is being consolidated in large data centers. Much easier to set up VPN connection to data center and have them pay for equipment and personnel. The largest corporations will continue to do in house, but hire someone doing it for decades. It is really sad that there is no safe career path. Also saw lawyers are being replaced with online services, except for court. I was lucky the PC boom happened when I was 24, and had been learning them for years before that. Programming is supposed to be good career, but that is going to be flooded also.

one thing tho, nowadays theres not much paying off cops any more, most just want to do their job and paying them off WILL get you into more trouble unlike india where i seemed to have a "FREE MONEY" sign on my back

St. Phatty

I think Tijuana Mexico and surrounding areas are worth a try.

One problem there is self-defense, since an American would not be allowed to own a firearm and is surrounded by Mexicans with firearms.

I suggest embedding yourself with a neighborhood group of some kind. You may not be able to own a firearm in Mexico, but you can make yourself useful to your neighbors.

In Yuppie communities in the TJ area, it is normal to own an AR15 (illegally, but they still own them.)

Life is pretty affordable there, and security concerns are important. A lot of Americans end up in American communities.

I wonder what methods they use for preventing or dealing with kidnappings.

shithawk420

Veteran
American communities in Tijuana? Im sorry but I gotta see it to believe it.i thought Tijuana was famous for killing and kidnapping Americans.fuck being white and living in Mexico.and I know it sucks and I've been thinking too but I gotta agree with Brendon

S

stix~

come on.. none of ya'll going for mexico to get retired.. dont bark so loud

theres a reason why 7 out of 10 expat growers are here in Costa rica... although times change and nowadays i would go to Puerto rico no doubt :biggrin:

Loc Dog

Veteran
come on.. none of ya'll going for mexico to get retired.. dont bark so loud

theres a reason why 7 out of 10 expat growers are here in Costa rica... although times change and nowadays i would go to Puerto rico no doubt :biggrin:

This seems like it is a few years old, and they are moving towards more tolerant laws. Have not read the whole thing yet. Seems like growing get 8 years in jail. Another spot says below 200 grams of bud or coke may be ignored at police and prosecutor discretion (probably pay off would help).

http://www.druglawreform.info/en/co...al-america/costa-rica/item/5017-costa-rica#2a

Columbia said up to 20 plants can be grown, but less than 20 grams allowed. You would have to be be real shitty grower to get 20 grams or less even from one plant.

Will look at Puerto Rico.

:tiphat:

St. Phatty

Which countries have good universities, good weed approach - e.g. no law whatsoever, and NO EXTRADITION, for Americans who choose to not give money to the Terrorist US gov., that are called 'taxes' ?

djimb

Veteran
Latin America updates, as I've traveled from the US to Chile over the last year:

Costa Rica looks set to legalize, including home grows by the end of the year, as well as Mexico. In Chile, a senate commission voted to legalize 5 plants outdoors or 2 square meters of area indoors for home grows. It isn't finalized yet, but should be soon.

Regarding safety in Mexico, I stayed in Guanajuato, Puebla, Oaxaca, Puerto Escondido, Tuxtla, and San Cristobal de las Casas without a hint of danger or a single sketchy feeling. Tijuana may be a different story. I didn't stay in any US border towns.

Mexico has also been the least expensive country so far.