What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

ErdPurt

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
I didn’t buy them directly from Ace.
Dubi told me to fuck off.
I killed all my Ace genetics after that.
Wait, what? First off I highly doubt dubi told you to fuck off. Secondly, why do you think buying seeds from a third party lets you ask the breeder for more seeds? Did you contact the seller at all? There is an issue with sellers not properly storing and handling seeds, then when the end user gets them they blame the seeds, not where they bought it from.

Kalbhairav

~~ ॐ नमः शिवाय ~~
Veteran

Breeders like Ace sell to wholesalers who then sell to retailers. Unfortunately not all wholesalers/retailers store their seeds properly. Some even might leave them on a table, next to a window in full sun - guaranteed to take the life out of seeds very quickly.

Like agentpothead just asked, have you contacted the retailer yet where you bought your seeds?

I can't imagine dubi telling anyone to 'fuck off'; but if he did then you must of pissed him off a lot to get that reaction!

Plus, those plants you killed were yours, not Ace's. You sprouted them, fed them, reared them; why you kill them?

It reminds me of watching one of my sisters kids go into the garden with a stick and start smashing the flowers because they couldn't get their way.

I'm mystified :chin::noway:

40degsouth

Hi everyone,
I hope you're all well and taking it easy!!
I just thought I'd let you all know just how impressed l am with my Erdpert male.
I actually culled the little one and took the top out of the bigger one and this is when my pleasant surprise occurred. The stem was basically hollow and l fully expected it to be solid due to the strength of the plant.
For those of you who may not know, this is a positive trait that breeders look for and l have never seen a plant so hollow with the strength this particular plant has!!!!
Because l started with a small plant population l'm wondering now if this is the one in a million plant or, if this is a trait passed through the line??? If it is, it's an example of the best breeding l've ever come across!!
Maybe Dubi could help me out on this one.
Cheers 40

therevverend

Veteran

You bought seeds from a third party, not Dubi or Ace. Then they didn't germinate. So you got a hold of Dubi all angry like and told him to replace the seeds instead of contacting the party you bought them from. Of course he told you to fuck off, whether it was figuratively or literally, I would too.

Then you had a temper tantrum and killed all your plants. I'm guessing alcohol played a part in these decisions? The problem is that the 3rd party that actually ripped you off has not been affected by your actions, the bastard still has your money. Meanwhile you lost yourself some good genetics and cut yourself off from a source of replacements because I doubt you'll want to deal with Ace in the future due to the hard feelings.

Ace packs usually have dates stamped on them. I'm curious what the date on your packs were and if they were in the original breeder packs. Could very well be ancient seeds or tampered with in some way. I'd document this kind of stuff, if the stamp is on it Ace can find what batch they were from. You should go after the 3rd party, try to get your money back from them or at least a replacement pack because they're responsible.

Of course it's possible you screwed up and used poor germination methods, and forgot to water or whatever. It happens sometimes. A major problem with the current seed situation, we're dealing with such small numbers. A 10 or 12 pack of seeds isn't really enough to start a proper crop. It's much better to start off with 50 and cull 30 of them. That's how the pros do it.

The expensive prices of seeds, the way the seed business has developed, and the small number of plants we grow because of prohibition puts a lot of pressure on the breeders and growers to succeed in an unnatural way. When you buy a pack of veggie seeds you don't have to carefully plant ten carrot seeds and then baby each one to adulthood. And then decide which carrot is a 'keeper' and which you want to cull.

therevverend

Veteran
I actually culled the little one and took the top out of the bigger one and this is when my pleasant surprise occurred. The stem was basically hollow and l fully expected it to be solid due to the strength of the plant.

To be honest lots of cannabis plants have hollow stems. It helps the plant grow quickly, allows fluids and nutrients to flow through from the roots to the leaves. It's not a special or rare trait. I've cut down large outdoor plants that weathered winds and pounding rain to find the stem was mostly hollow. It's a marker of a lot of drug strains so it's not a bad thing and something to select for if you're growing large numbers of landrace.

If it's showing vigor and early flowering it may be a keeper male. I select for smell, vigor, and form. Picture if the male was a female plant, would it produce large flowering clusters or thin leggy spread out mini-buds? Is it lacking in smell, or smell like random green vegetation? Or does it smell skanky or skunky or fruity? The best way to test, when the plant is big enough, is to carefully rub the main stem vigorously enough to release some oils and resin. Smell your fingers, if you smell something good it could be a keeper.

I'm skeptical of male plants that flower extremely early, they tend to be hempy and lack potency. But if it's early by only a couple weeks, has an interesting smell and vigor, it's could be a keeper that may select for an early trait. The bad thing about early males is keeping the pollen fresh until the females are ready. Keeping it in a paper bag in the fridge is the easiest way to store pollen.

Remember that it takes large numbers to find the 'one in a million' plant. If you sprout a few seeds out of a pack you'll probably have good solid ganja but it's rare to find a mutant that greatly surpasses it's parents. Although I don't want to dampen your enthusiasm, you've got a lot of it and that's an important part of growing.

SolarLogos

I'm not one to jump into this type of discussion, but I feel an injustice has been done here. Dubi has long established his integrity, honesty, kindness and selfless attitude on this board years before you came along. What have you established on here? Nothing you can say here carries any weight or validity for that matter. So you killed off some of the best genetics around, from a breeder recognized and highly respected worldwide in the cannabis world, then come on here and make unsubstantiated claims about someone who is dearly loved here by everyone, because why? Nothing positive can possibly evolve out of your actions. I sincerely hope that as you grow up, you will attain a little wisdom and reflect back on the negative choices you made in life, such as this one and learn from them. I wish you the best.
Peace, God bless

art.spliff

ICMag Donor
DcWpO8j.png

Theorganicguy

Great way to bring in the new season! Is this outdoor? I love the start of the spring season; mine started today when I put my first sprouted OTH seed in the soil.
Have a blessed season!
Peace, God bless

Same for me. I really enjoy spring and all the sunny vibes the sun gifts. Yes, this is outdoor. The nights are still quite cold, so she spends the day on the balcony and gets inside in the evening to take a nap :biggrin:
Best wishes to you as well!

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi Theorganicguy,

Trifoliate ErdPurts are not very rare to find if you grow enough of them .... glad you found one of them. ;)
Most trifioliate ErdPurts don't produce 3 branches per node consistently but it certainly will happen and it's funny and interesting to see :)

Best wishes for the outdoor season!

axle2u

THC

THC

so what is the avg. THC content, is it low, med or high ?

also, is that crossed with PCK, somewhere down the line, or no ?

what flavor and/or terpenes are there ?

and avg. yield (outdoor) per plant...?

thanks so much guys

-axle b robot

Mountainkush

Both went from 3 nodes to 2 after the first real leaves and both look like 2 of them grew into one leaf with 4 fingers and faster growth on that side.

Two ErdPurts are on the right
picture.php

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi MountainKush,

ErdPurt seedlings are fatty and so cute :kiss grin:

ErdPurt line produces frequently trifoliate seedlings and seedlings with weird branching although later they grow more symmetrically when reaching sexual maturity.

Good luck with yours!

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Welcome axle2u,

You will find detailed info, cannabinoid and terpene analyses of PCK in the official description of the strain on our website.

Latest posts

Latest posts