What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Burning it to hell or deficiency

Dr Black Thumb

(warning: super graphic :p) So I honestly have zero clue what I'm doing wrong.

pH is a perfect range (6.5 - 6.8) my run off also displays that.
Soil: Fox Farms Ocean Forest
Blue Planet Nutrients farmer's pride organic line + liquid seaweed

I didn't start seeing this until 2-3 weeks into veg. The edges started browning and getting worse, and right outside the burn was bright yellowish white so I assumed it wasn't nute burning. So I started to feed using Blue planet nutrients farmer's pride organic line as it shows on their schedule. I fed them and then the top tips get burnt. Whilst also displaying small brown dots on new growth. It wasn't just the tips but the edges too, so I assumed it wasn't nute burn.

Humidity is around 48 - 50%. Temps are 75-78F range. I'm using a 400 watt MH. My only guess is it being 12 inches tall in a one gallon container is starting to screw it up? The strain is AK-48. I actually have 2 others and they are nowhere near as bad but have some of the same symptoms. Maybe 5-10% of what you're seeing. I was also under the impression you couldn't burn using organics?

Attachments

• Full Shot.jpg
    Full Shot.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 18
  • my baby.jpg
    my baby.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 19
  • Older fan leaf middle.jpg
    Older fan leaf middle.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 19
  • Older Fan leaf.jpg
    Older Fan leaf.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 18
  • Top view.jpg
    Top view.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 19

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
You need a EC meter, to check whats coming out of the bottom drainage. I had problems with ocean forest being way too hot as well as holding too much water in the past. That was years ago! I don't know about it these days. I use to have to cut with perlite. Looks like nute burn to me, however the only way to know for sure, is get a ppm reading.

bsgospel

Bat Macumba
Right? This thing needs potassium, calcium and phosphorus in spades. Trifecta. I sense high salinity.

Dr Black Thumb

Damn that's strange, since I basically gave it full strength week 3 nutrients according to their feed schedule. Someone somewhere else said I should lower the pH to 6.3

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
just transplant

just transplant

Pull those plants out of those pots and transplant into fresh soil bro! This time don't pack your soil so much! Then, don't give them anything but water for 3 and 1/2 weeks. If you're using RO water be sure and add cal-mag. In 4 weeks they will be ready for the flowering room!

The up most important skill I learned in horticulture is DON'T PACK YOUR SOIL!!! If you don't believe me then do a test. Pack one and don't pack another, and watch the growth difference! Packed soil messes up the ph!

Last edited: