What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Cannabis Act

Rider420

Lol $9+tax grams? No ones scared of losing their "cash cows" lol exact opposite is the reality. Bm would love to be getting $4000 a lb.

ROLMFAO $9 retail and about $2 per gram wholesale the rest will be tax, so where are they going to be making that cash? Those disperceries they sell to are going to be gone just like the speakeasies and moonshiners who disappeared when alcohol prohibition ended. And guess what the cops will be looking to make a few examples so Good Luck to your buddy who is not loosing his cash cow.

Last edited:

Gmack

I don't sell any so it really doesn't bother me. Btw I can grow for $1 a gram and go buy it for $5 or less retail. Only people with no connections go to dispenarys. Everything they sell I can find at dealers for half price or less. $9 a gram retail means the bm is going nowhere. The thing you and the govement fail to understand there's already a underground market that works quite well and they sell better quality for way less then lp's ever will. This isn't alcohol prohibition the bm has a far superior product rather then bath tub gin that makes you go blind. Consumers are far more cost and quality driven then you think. The govement is still talking about mail order as a viable method for selling legal weed. Wow that's great for everyone living in the Yukon and nwt. For Everyone else this is a huge inconvenience and they will go elsewhere for their smoke.

Gmack

ROLMFAO yup C45 could change, as the MMS for six plants can still be appealed to the supreme court. :laughing:

But when the bill passes the senate and it will I and other Canadians get to laugh at you, and believe me some of us ready are. :dance013:

But you will already be sure that the provinces will stop it. ROLMFAO Your a joke buddy.

Fuck you're retarded I'm all for legalization but the bill isn't going to pass unchanged! It will pass eventually but with changes and it's not going to pass by July 1 2018! Stop making shit up I never said the provinces will stop it. They can't. They can refuse to take part in selling it. The Feds will have no other option but to use mail order! Ha the bm will live forever going up against mail order $9+ grams! Instead of inventing things you think I believe just read what I've written you fucking dumb fuck.

Hashmasta-Kut

honey oil addict
Veteran
Gmack, relax, let it go.

There is no point wasting emotional energy or any effort arguing with people on the internet. All the swearing/insults have gotten pretty old.

Rider420

Gmack, relax, let it go.

There is no point wasting emotional energy or any effort arguing with people on the internet. All the swearing/insults have gotten pretty old.

KUDOES

ROLMFAO I can just see poor gmack yelling at his computer maybe even thumping on the desk. Some one needs to go to anger management classes. Best of luck buddy. :huggg:

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Are you that oblivious, Rider, or was that a weak attempt to turn that around?

The obvious inference was "don't wrestle with pigs if you don't want to get covered in their shit".

Spoiler: You're the faeces flavoured pig.

VanCitysFinest

I don't sell any so it really doesn't bother me. Btw I can grow for $1 a gram and go buy it for $5 or less retail. Only people with no connections go to dispenarys. Everything they sell I can find at dealers for half price or less. $9 a gram retail means the bm is going nowhere. The thing you and the govement fail to understand there's already a underground market that works quite well and they sell better quality for way less then lp's ever will. This isn't alcohol prohibition the bm has a far superior product rather then bath tub gin that makes you go blind. Consumers are far more cost and quality driven then you think. The govement is still talking about mail order as a viable method for selling legal weed. Wow that's great for everyone living in the Yukon and nwt. For Everyone else this is a huge inconvenience and they will go elsewhere for their smoke.

very well articulated.

it's a lost cause acknowledging this loser who ironically spells roflmfao differently..

he's clearly smoking some trash herb

rider you miss a TF every time. wtf?

:tiphat:

Gmack

I'd just like to point out all the rubber stamping the senate has been upto as of late. They
really agree on everything/sarcastic rant over.

Interesting...

https://www.leafly.com/news/canada/canadian-constitutional-challenges

In an interview with Now Magazine in May, lawyer Kirk Tousaw spoke about his high-profile clients Marc and Jodie Emery... Noting that the activists were facing life in prison for selling recreational marijuana, even though the federal government was planning to pass legislation (i.e. the Cannabis Act) allowing others to do that...

“I would anticipate making an argument that it is grossly disproportionate to impose consequences—up to and including life in prison—on people that sell cannabis, when other people that are engaged in exactly the same behavior are getting a license to do it..."

Canadian Minister of Justice Jody Wilson-Raybould has justified the proposed law by saying... the new legislation is consistent with the Charter but many lawyers disagree, insisting that a law allowing police to engage in random testing without reasonable suspicion would not be enforceable under the Charter.

Vancouver-based lawyer Sarah Leamon stated in The Georgia Straight that she anticipates a constitutional challenge being launched the day after the law is enacted. Such a challenge would go all the way to the Supreme Court, said Lisa Silver, a law professor at the University of Calgary... Ian Savage, president of the Defence Lawyers’ Association in Calgary... says the proposed law “is essentially the equivalent of the federal government trying to pull the foundation stone out of a building.”

...under Bill C-46, a person would be legally impaired if they had in his system two nanograms of THC per millilitre of blood. Many lawyers take issue with this stipulation because there is no scientific consensus on how much THC constitutes impairment.

“When you have something that encroaches on people’s freedom and privacy in a significant way, that yields no relevant evidence to the underlying question, ‘Was that person impaired while driving?’... He added that the limit is “so shockingly low” a person could exceed it a week or two weeks after ingesting cannabis.

Montreal criminal lawyer Eric Sutton believes the laws surrounding... cannabis could be simpler and... make things clearer. “I don’t think it will be easy to challenge the new legislation but that doesn’t mean it’s fair-minded,”... “It’s certainly not as progressive or as realistic as it should be.”

Gmack

Interesting...

https://www.leafly.com/news/canada/canadian-constitutional-challenges

In an interview with Now Magazine in May, lawyer Kirk Tousaw spoke about his high-profile clients Marc and Jodie Emery... Noting that the activists were facing life in prison for selling recreational marijuana, even though the federal government was planning to pass legislation (i.e. the Cannabis Act) allowing others to do that...

“I would anticipate making an argument that it is grossly disproportionate to impose consequences—up to and including life in prison—on people that sell cannabis, when other people that are engaged in exactly the same behavior are getting a license to do it..."

Canadian Minister of Justice Jody Wilson-Raybould has justified the proposed law by saying... the new legislation is consistent with the Charter but many lawyers disagree, insisting that a law allowing police to engage in random testing without reasonable suspicion would not be enforceable under the Charter.

Vancouver-based lawyer Sarah Leamon stated in The Georgia Straight that she anticipates a constitutional challenge being launched the day after the law is enacted. Such a challenge would go all the way to the Supreme Court, said Lisa Silver, a law professor at the University of Calgary... Ian Savage, president of the Defence Lawyers’ Association in Calgary... says the proposed law “is essentially the equivalent of the federal government trying to pull the foundation stone out of a building.”

...under Bill C-46, a person would be legally impaired if they had in his system two nanograms of THC per millilitre of blood. Many lawyers take issue with this stipulation because there is no scientific consensus on how much THC constitutes impairment.

“When you have something that encroaches on people’s freedom and privacy in a significant way, that yields no relevant evidence to the underlying question, ‘Was that person impaired while driving?’... He added that the limit is “so shockingly low” a person could exceed it a week or two weeks after ingesting cannabis.

Montreal criminal lawyer Eric Sutton believes the laws surrounding... cannabis could be simpler and... make things clearer. “I don’t think it will be easy to challenge the new legislation but that doesn’t mean it’s fair-minded,”... “It’s certainly not as progressive or as realistic as it should be.”

Some of the very reasons the bill won't leave the senate as it's currently written.

Limeygreen

Veteran
They cannot make money because of all the acquisitions that they made, then infrastructure, they tossed a bunch of product because the of nova contamination and then on top of that running hvac when you shouldn't need to eats up a lot of electricity. Explain to me why there are greenhouses growing it with no hvac and other than low quality herbs, they don't have problems producing a crop and others feel they need to cool theirs down? Plus if you look at their plant densities you can see wasted production space, poor business models if you ask me.

Gmack

They cannot make money because of all the acquisitions that they made, then infrastructure, they tossed a bunch of product because the of nova contamination and then on top of that running hvac when you shouldn't need to eats up a lot of electricity. Explain to me why there are greenhouses growing it with no hvac and other than low quality herbs, they don't have problems producing a crop and others feel they need to cool theirs down? Plus if you look at their plant densities you can see wasted production space, poor business models if you ask me.

"It is worth noting that “Sun-Grown Morris”, a Tweed-branded strain of cannabis already sells for $6 per gram — the average selling price of weed at Canopy is $8.03 per gram"
$6 a gram greenhouse buds and they still cant make it profitable. Ha what joke. I hope canopys stock goes to zero. Not because is despise lp's but because they have a lisence to grow money and can't fucknig do it.

Gmack

Question: Why doesn't Emery have a permit to sell? It's not like he's poor and can't afford one.

He's not poor but I don't think he has enough clean money to make a real go at becoming a lp. Not to mention been a multiply time convicted felon in two countrys disqualify him from being part of any lp upper management. It cost well over a million bucks to fund a lp startup at this point. And it need to be squeaky clean money. That's why none of the black market growers were successful in ther start ups.

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Do you support the sale of cannabis by:

A. The government.
B. The government.
C. The government.

Shit cracks me up. Do you still beat your wife?

Latest posts

Latest posts