What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

2013 Halloween Pumpkin Carving Contest!

Snype

Veteran
I think we need a lot more new contests on IC to keep things interesting here! The contest section seems pretty bland. I will donate a $50 gift certificate to seedbay to whomever is voted to have the best carved pumpkin. If they let me donate some seed then I will also donate a package to the contest winner! Let's get into the holiday mood!

yortbogey

To Have More ... Desire Less
Veteran
snype U better check w/ admin ...BEFORE U start all these efforts....

admin might have there own program in place and plan....

ps... U'r right tho.... a few{well ran} contest would be a breath of fresh aire......

g0vnaa

ICE Cream eater
Veteran
Cool ideas man.
There hasnt been a Contest here in a long time.
Halloween, Xmas, Pet one etc..
We need some new stuff for sure.
Good luck with your ideas, I hope the admins approve :D

Snype

Veteran
Well I guess we can forget out this contest. I just read the sticky by Payoso and it states that prizes must be at seedbay before contest is announced. No wonder there's barely any contests on this site there's so many rules.

yortbogey

Veteran
this can still happen.... just got to get right folks on board in the right way....
the"RULES" are for the protect and security of members ...

it's just best to follow the guidlines.... too many examples of BAD member interaction in the past that can lead to LEO issues....

So these subjects of contest are often watched closely....

BUT I'd love to help U w/ this....
Payaso has sent word on "how" to do this.... WE just need to follow thru..

Snype

Veteran
this can still happen.... just got to get right folks on board in the right way....
the"RULES" are for the protect and security of members ...

it's just best to follow the guidlines.... too many examples of BAD member interaction in the past that can lead to LEO issues....

So these subjects of contest are often watched closely....

BUT I'd love to help U w/ this....
Payaso has sent word on "how" to do this.... WE just need to follow thru..
By the time everything is sent to seedbay, halloween will be over. And then it could also be taken by the UK postal system and have to be resent over and over. Didn't know it was so dangerous to hold a pumpkin carving contest. Pumpkins are so dangerous!

trichrider

Kiss My Ring
Veteran
couldn't you make purchase and have them hold seed for prize?

you could start the first annual pumpkin carving contest, that would be a right proper legacy.

yortbogey

Veteran
its NOT the contest.... it's the prize given, and how one receives said prize....
direct member to member contact in these situations is frowned upon... for personal security

if Payaso, can get OP, or Clarence to say Yes, the prize can just get coved out of Bay/Boo inventory... and be shipped to contest winner directly fro the boo....

this is the only way contest can happen....

U'r effort to make it happen are noteworthy, and U'r idea of offering up a prize Ur-self is commendable....

do't feel downtrodden-ed just cause we gotta jump a few hoops to make it happen.....

this is still a good idea.... also the reason why this sort of contest must be organized ahead of time.... and followed up w/ consistent judging and organizing....

yortbogey

Veteran
picture.php

my effort last year.....

B4O2N0G

I want a ICMAG Pumpkin Carving Contest too!

I entered the Halloween photo contest on icmag in the past and had a great time.I already have some pumpkins and some cool ideas in mind.

yortbogey

Veteran
VERY good.... where still working on conformation for this....
but so far so good....

I am willing to help judge the contest and facilitate the efforts.... all the while iobstaining from the event.... I'd rather see members win.... than my self....

my previous skills in culinary ice carving obviously give me a edge that is un fair to most...

So i offer my service to bring this to light and help it happen....

get U'r pumpkins picked.... find U'r tools and stencils....
its coming.....

festivus

STAY TOASTY MY FRIENDS!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Saw a cool pumpkin with the word "FUCK" and a big smile in the shape of a "U" carved out.

habeeb

follow your heart
ICMag Donor
Veteran
did this one once, seemed no one cared over there, so I gave up. was even for there October contest, and no one had a pumpkin....