What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

HALLOWEEN Photo Contest 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dutchgrown

----
Veteran
:pumpkin: :witch2: BOO! Trick or Treat!! :witch2: :pumpkin:

Halloween always reminds me of happy times when I was a child and getting all geared up to go out and collect as many treats as my bag would hold...that also generally meant a trip to the local 5 n dime to pick out a costume. :jump:

Then there came the time when going trick or treating was not to be anymore. Boo hoo! :biglaugh:

In it's place came more mature Halloween antics. Yes we must grow up. lol This usually involved me and other classmates all piling into my dad's car (that I was lucky enough to get the keys for), and hitting the back roads...dressed in amusing outfits and toking on some local home grown or if we were lucky we'd have some imported mexi brick weed that gave us the giggles for hours on end, especially when trying to air out the car at the end of the evening. :biglaugh: When younger, I suppose many of us thought we were really pulling the wool over our parents eyes...wonder if my dad ever smelled anything, and just didn't say it. He was really cool like that.

So, in recollecting these most happy times thought it would be interesting to see how all of you get involved with Halloween these days.

I'm going to run this photo contest....and with minimal rules. (see below)

Rules:

1. Photo must be yours and not a photo found floating about on the net.

2. Photo can have a secondary theme (cannabis), but is not required in order to be considered.

3. Photo shall NOT include facial recognition that could compromise anyone's personal security.
Many members are parents, but would kindly ask that no one enter photos of children.
Let's keep this strictly for adults. ;)

4. All members of ICM, regardless of post count, are eligible.

5. Pets are also permitted in the photo.

6. LAST DATE for entering is Nov 1st to give those who take photos on Oct 31st the opportunity to enter.

Winners:
Winners will be selected on Nov 2nd by me and will receive my choice of seeds from
Dutchgrown Seeds. I'll provide each winner with a code for collecting their prize directly
from Seed Boutique.

That's it.....hope to see you all entering lots of photos here!

:pumpkin:You can't win if you don't enter!! :pumpkin:

Cannawinner

Veteran
2 years ago I lucky enough to go on a Carribean cruise ship. One of the sailing days was over Halloween and they decorated the ship, and everyone dressed up. There were some amazing parties all over the ship.
The main lobby had this wonderful table with all these suberb works of art of pumpkins and cakes. It would be a pitty not to post them all, just so that you can see how beautiful and ellaborite each one is. Its also hard for me to choose one photo for my entry.
The main thing is that this is a hallowen photo thread.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Bulldog11

Veteran
Good luck everyone have fun.

We will need it wont we Hammerhead. You usually do pretty good on these things. I hope I get mine posted first because I know you are going the bulldog route.

Good luck everybody and DG is awesome for doing this again! This is one of the many reasons I use ICmag and stay true to DG seeds.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Last year it was a pet halloween contest that I won from another breeder. DG had her holiday pet theme contest I was a honorable mention. Fun stuff

Bulldog11

Veteran
Thought you did ok on a couple of contests. I hope you do even better this year cause the competition is going to be fierce. I was just looking up where the halloween super store is this year, going to try to find an outfit that will fit my fat bullies. If I remember you said to get little kids costumes right?

Dutchgrown

----
Veteran
Although not eligible...lol...you all can expect to see pics of my two knucklehead
kitties sporting their finest Halloween attire. They are very good sports. :biggrin:

Last edited:

DoobieDuck

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Big thank you DG for sponsering this contest, My first entry..Jolly Bud and a giant pumpkin I grew this year. The Jolly Bud is just finishing up now, it is reaching out appx. 10 foot+ wide..and the giant pumpkin is estimated at around 250lbs., image captured 10-13, Let's have fun..DD

picture.php

Last edited:

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
That is a fine photo DD. That's a photo that belongs in a magazine they layout is well done.

Bulldog11

Veteran
Dam it Doobie. You set the bar real high. I am jealous of you pumpkin skills. I tried to grow two different pumpkin plants and my dogs ate the first one and took a dump right on top of the second one. They both didn't make it....

b00m

~No Guts~ ~No Glory~
Mentor
Veteran
Doobie comes in and stamps his authority on the competition :good:
Good luck to everyone who enters :)
:blowbubbles:

I

icon

doobieduck & hammerhead always take the best pics!
im looking forward to seeing all the entries & creative ideas good luck to all.

Dutchgrown

----
Veteran
Wondering :chin: .....will DDuck be carving that monster pumpkin, or making a supply of fresh pumpkin pies for his local bakery. :tongue:

Status
Not open for further replies.