What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

if you live in a "lock 'em up" state & hate it, post here!

armedoldhippy

Veteran
This is definitely a lock 'em up state, but I've lived my entire life in lock 'em up states and I know how to deal with it. Besides, I friggin hate moving.

i could live with being in a "lock 'em up" state if we had protection from random drug testing like Canada has with their civil rights. all of ours have been thrown into the fireplace in the govts never-ending quest for "safety" for us & "protection" for the insurance agencies. odd, but they don't fire you if you show up to work & blow .07 on a Breathalyzer for alcohol. but let any past evidence of weed show up, regardless of current impairment, & watch your job float away on the breeze. i have had friends injured on the job by another persons carelessness, but THEY got fired for failing a piss test, & the stupid SOB that hurt them never missed a day.:moon: ignorant cocksuckers...

ridnovir

I am in NJ/NY you get 5 years per plant here. I have two young children so I cannot risk it. I wish I could move to PNW but SWMBO is not up to it...sigh...

M

moose eater

As someone pointed out, many/most/all of the 'legal states' are still 'lock 'em up' states; just different thresholds to that end. Child custody and other issues still come to bear even in places that say pot's legal.

Under Ravin, Alaska's version of 'don't ask, don't tell' for cannabis, our 'personal-use' plant count limit (per State legislature and State courts) was 24 plants. Under current legalization, those limits are 6 plants per adult, with a max of 12 per household.

Both circumstances had/have some degree of protection re. search warrants.

My view re. gov administration of almost anything, is that, while some things may need or require government regulation, the gov, like any bureaucracy, possesses a special skill at screwing things up. Blanket policies rarely work well, as there are always individual circumstances, etc.

Would I rather not be in a legal state? Hell no! Could it be made more sensible? You betcha'!

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
Yep the choppers are flying here. Project marijuana eradication.

Every single day these guys burn bookoo fuel and so far they have found 200 plants. That's how stupid it is to grow outdoors here. No one does it anymore. They will get you.

No supposed to use taxpayer money to actively looking for cannabis. Doesn't stop em. If anything they have ramped up.

Last year they nailed a backyard with some monsters. Right in town. They landed, chopped it, and pounded on the door of the house. It was the town judge. Lol. Never heard a thing about it after that. Bet they caught hell for swiping judges herb and scaring the piss out of his wife. I get the giggles just thinking about it!

But yeah, it's not cool to grow pot in the new England area.

Some day..maybe..

Betterhaff

Veteran
So the judge was growing pot? I wonder how many he threw in the clink for the same thing. Kinda hypocritical, no?

The chopper thing is crazy. I remember a story about them landing and chopping…a few plants. What’s the raw operating cost for just the chopper, 1K per hour?

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
Yep the judge. And he's still judge today. Crazy.

The operating cost per hour has to be at least 1k.

They rotor wash my farm crops all to hell. Bastards.

shaggyballs

Veteran
Yep the choppers are flying here.
Last year they nailed a backyard with some monsters. Right in town. They landed, chopped it, and pounded on the door of the house. It was the town judge. Lol. Never heard a thing about it after that. Bet they caught hell for swiping judges herb and scaring the piss out of his wife. I get the giggles just thinking about it!

But yeah, it's not cool to grow pot in the new England area.

Some day..maybe..

Unless your a judge! :biggrin:

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Have lived in legal and non legal states. I do the same either way....don't create a scene, keep plants secured and not easily seen from above, nosy neighbors, or anyone.

Koosmom

Our governor, bless his scared little heart, after 76% voted to legalize medical marijuana finally said we could put in for a mm card. He has opened 1 dispenser in the state. Way up north. He only has 5 or 6 ailments on his list. The cbd oil he is pushing is only 2 or 3% strength.
He is old school, and has probably been trying to figure out how he or the state could profit by letting us access the oil. In other words he trying to humor us. Let us think he's really for us, when he is not.
He and others like him is only for profit, but mostly regulation. They can't stand the fact that they can't patent mm. Then the pharmaceuticals could push it.
The government is so scared of marijuana they have it scheduled as class 1 narcotic. In other words marijuana is more dangerous than cocaine, heroin, meth, alcohol you name it.
Until we get these people out of office, its going to continue to be a battle.
If it was available through my state thanks to The mercy of our government, I would not purchase from them. With only 2 or 3% cbc oil I don't know what the remainder of the product is. I don't take what I don't know what's in it, that could be dangerous!
That's my 2 cents worth on this post. Thanks for letting me sound off.

Thcvhunter

Veteran
I am in NJ/NY you get 5 years per plant here. I have two young children so I cannot risk it. I wish I could move to PNW but SWMBO is not up to it...sigh...

Are you sure about that?
NY says its a misdemeanor to grow. $1,000 fine.

G

I live in a state with a large car race in May. Similar laws to most. My beef is I am subject to random piss test at work and no I can't just quit a job that pays this well or move.
Most employers are having one hell of a time finding people for manufacturing type jobs that can either show up sober or pass a initial test. Yet where I work there are plenty of people who ride the edge and rely on Amazon for a good supply of test strips for home. I'm talking about a facility that has several thousand employees.
The companies can't come out and say it but from reports from chamber of comerce meetings it's a headache they wish they could ignore the weed part of the test. Some may and won't fess up due to insurance. Both medical for employees and workmans comp and liability for the companies. My health insurance is free and still considered a Cadillac type level. Yet my spouse works in health care and no one in the medical field from medical assistants up to Neurosurgons are never required to test. Lucky them. Sometimes I just have to watch my spouse smoke and all I can do is have a beer cause I'm too close to not being able to pass a random. Other than new hires that have to pass a hair test our random program is administered internally by on site nursing who will just glance at the test strips and toss them. Get caught with fake pee and your on the street. There is some speculation that the staff may be turning a blind eye to the weed part of the test but no one knows. As a full time person you get one failed test and then it's a fucked up shit show of days off with no pay, "counseling" that is out of pocket and much more scrutiny and testing. For the rest of the time you are emplyed.

I fucking hate how these insurance scumbags have companies by the balls over this.
The police are more worried about heroin, meth and pills. Unless your flagrant or busted for another reason weed isn't high on their list for the most part.

M

moose eater

I live in a state with a large car race in May. Similar laws to most. My beef is I am subject to random piss test at work and no I can't just quit a job that pays this well or move.
Most employers are having one hell of a time finding people for manufacturing type jobs that can either show up sober or pass a initial test. Yet where I work there are plenty of people who ride the edge and rely on Amazon for a good supply of test strips for home. I'm talking about a facility that has several thousand employees.
The companies can't come out and say it but from reports from chamber of comerce meetings it's a headache they wish they could ignore the weed part of the test. Some may and won't fess up due to insurance. Both medical for employees and workmans comp and liability for the companies. My health insurance is free and still considered a Cadillac type level. Yet my spouse works in health care and no one in the medical field from medical assistants up to Neurosurgons are never required to test. Lucky them. Sometimes I just have to watch my spouse smoke and all I can do is have a beer cause I'm too close to not being able to pass a random. Other than new hires that have to pass a hair test our random program is administered internally by on site nursing who will just glance at the test strips and toss them. Get caught with fake pee and your on the street. There is some speculation that the staff may be turning a blind eye to the weed part of the test but no one knows. As a full time person you get one failed test and then it's a fucked up shit show of days off with no pay, "counseling" that is out of pocket and much more scrutiny and testing. For the rest of the time you are emplyed.

I fucking hate how these insurance scumbags have companies by the balls over this.
The police are more worried about heroin, meth and pills. Unless your flagrant or busted for another reason weed isn't high on their list for the most part.

I've known folks personally in safety-sensitive, somewhat elite, DoT-related jobs where accidents costing millions to clean up have occurred in the past.. not related to them, personally.

Some have accessed ankle wraps that have smaller battery powered heat pads, and they carry bottles of clean urine donated by others they know who don't imbibe. (*Most places don't actually observe the filling of the urine container, unless the person providing the urine is a felon on parole/probation, or there's suspicion of the referenced practices, or both).

In one of those same positions/cases, mid-level management used to seek out a particular valued individual (who was an avid biker, aging hippy, general all around happy and good guy, and looked the part), and because of his value in his specific job class, he'd get a heads-up from mid-level mgmt, letting him know to make himself scarce, that someone was hunting him with a sample collection container.

There's also 'flushing' with larger volumes of H2O, or, even preferably, high-pectin fruit juices, such as unfiltered apple cider, providing the person needing the 'flush' isn't diabetic. This can work well, but those with higher % of body fat are at risk, more so than those who are trim and fit.

Drinking fluids until your urine is clear was the manner in which convicted felon clients I worked with in mental health survived unannounced UA's. They had a virtual phone tree, and when the P.O. flew or drove into town (rural Alaska), and one of them saw him/her, they got on the phone bank like they were taking part in a telethon.

For the most part, "no hits, no runs, no errors." :biggrin:

M

moose eater

And if not diabetic, but simultaneously getting labs for a life or health insurance policy, skip the high-pectin fruit juices, as it'll potentially have other negative affects on your blood work labs from the increased amounts of sugar in the cider, etc... Been there and done that...

G

I've known folks personally in safety-sensitive, somewhat elite, DoT-related jobs where accidents costing millions to clean up have occurred in the past.. not related to them, personally.

Some have accessed ankle wraps that have smaller battery powered heat pads, and they carry bottles of clean urine donated by others they know who don't imbibe. (*Most places don't actually observe the filling of the urine container, unless the person providing the urine is a felon on parole/probation, or there's suspicion of the referenced practices, or both).

In one of those same positions/cases, mid-level management used to seek out a particular valued individual (who was an avid biker, aging hippy, general all around happy and good guy, and looked the part), and because of his value in his specific job class, he'd get a heads-up from mid-level mgmt, letting him know to make himself scarce, that someone was hunting him with a sample collection container.

There's also 'flushing' with larger volumes of H2O, or, even preferably, high-pectin fruit juices, such as unfiltered apple cider, providing the person needing the 'flush' isn't diabetic. This can work well, but those with higher % of body fat are at risk, more so than those who are trim and fit.

Drinking fluids until your urine is clear was the manner in which convicted felon clients I worked with in mental health survived unannounced UA's. They had a virtual phone tree, and when the P.O. flew or drove into town (rural Alaska), and one of them saw him/her, they got on the phone bank like they were taking part in a telethon.

For the most part, "no hits, no runs, no errors." :biggrin:
Last time I got picked I told them I couldn't pee. Can't leave their sight until you go into bathroom. Have to empty all pockets first. Drank about a quart of water in 15 minutes. Passed. When I'm on the bubble from a home test I drink water as much as I can. I know one of the nursing staff via my spouse and want to ask if they are instructed not to look to close but don't want to draw attention. Do not know if she is cool about it or not. That's the weak link. Whoever administers the test can pass everyone and toss out test panels or be hard core. If nurse says failed test they take hair to send out.

Latest posts

Latest posts