What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Non cured vs cured buds

?? Wow really?

Ok. You have your way of doing things I have mine... 1 week is sufficient in majority of my cases, some prefer a longer cure...at least my connoisseurs do.. but for the most part 1 week. If you cure yours for longer on a regular basis, more power to ya... don't knock me for my way though.

I properly flush all my product and properly dry them...just cure time is not as long as i'd like, like i said a week... some growers prefer 3-4...to each his own. Don't like it move on. :tiphat:

Some People like good bud.. I like Good Bud.. you can keep that uncured stash/trash to yourself. True.. Curing takes time and weight from you.. If you're worried about weight.. stop trying, you're failing.

And Don't troll the Forum.:laughing:

growers, especially experienced growers all know better.

X

xavier7995

The 6 month people seem a bit crazy with their cure times. I just pop the jars open once a week or so and pull out a bud, once it doesn't taste like grass/hay/etc it is good to go. Tossed some of the Boveda packs into the jars so I figure they can just sort of chill for a month or two. A bit of a cure is necessary though, never come across anything that didn't taste kind of gross when "fresh" other than some giant cola i bought in jamaica that was freshly pulled off the plant.

Harvested some ChemD....the smell as it cures is so freaking wierd. Can't even describe it, kind of hope it diminishes over time.

Jhhnn

Veteran
I hear the Boveda's leave a weird taste.
Have you experienced this?

Not at all. The only thing that moves through the outside layer is water molecules due to the permeable membrane tech. When the jar is opened or doesn't seal well, moisture escapes & humidity in the jar goes down. A boveda pack just raises it back up gently. That's all they do.

Ha! We call that a "Santa Cruz cure". We have just a higher RH here then a lot of other places. Things are always moist. Not to say that was the case with what you tried, but everything in the Cruz is just moist in general.

Pendleton

W h
Some People like good bud.. I like Good Bud.. you can keep that uncured stash/trash to yourself. True.. Curing takes time and weight from you.. If you're worried about weight.. stop trying, you're failing.

Anyone have any evidence on that argument that curing causes the remaining thca to break down into thc?

And Don't troll the Forum.:laughing:

growers, especially experienced growers all know better.

How about you stop wasting forum bandwidth necroquoting posts from 2012 for the sake of bumping your post count and trash talking.

browntrout

Veteran
I've aged open air, bags, jars etc. etc.

Sometimes yes green taste when new but weed properly grown doesn't have it.

I prefer taste of plants well flushed, dried over 1-1.5 weeks, chopped trimmed and paper bagged for another 2-3 weeks.

This is optimal point in taste for me, also quite dry. If jar curing weed should be super dry but not bone dry. Many people jar cure way to wet and kills the smell/taste.

I've tried 6 month, 1 year , 2 years etc. Taste diminishes but stone goes up big time.

couchlockd

I gotta call bullsh*t here . . . . any respected grower can tell you cured bud is better. I recall a young dude turning me onto some Santa Cruz stuff last time I was there . . .

"This sh*t's so fresh it's still moist!"

Well, I said nothing and enjoyed the fresh doob as it did chase away the jet lag I felt. It was so moist 'cause the seller had hit it with moisture to make the bag heavier or it was in fact uncured; either way it was good, but would've been much better if let stand for at least a month . . . that's just the freakin way it is Bro . . .

So don't try to sell me yer uncured bud man . . . step up your game dude.

God DAMN right!!

Uncured bud is very very noob stuff.

Any grower that takes the time and energy to use the best methods, or best nutrient l8ne, or build an exotic quality soil, then skips the most critical part for flavor and potency is just stupid.

But the Good growers won't let unfinished product hit the market. Only greedy ones who care about nothing but the dollar do.

Personally its a reflection on them. Like letting your kid go to kindergarten with stained shirts dirty nails and stinking like shit from not bathing in 5 days. Awesome reflection on how much you care about your kids/final product

THC123

Veteran
I can't say I agree

I like cured and uncured. Uncured bud stored in the right way will keep the fresh smell of the plant( like when it was flowering ).

Cured weed is nice and I also Always cure about 1/3 of my stash.

However I don't smoke anymore just vape. And for vaping cured weed is actually less tasty then fresh weed. For smoking I agree that curing is a must, but for vaping it ruins the weed for me.

For vaping I just dry till a specific point and then I seal in mylar bags and I freeze it. It does not dry in the freezer and when I open a pack after acclimatization if is nice and sticky and still smelling and tasting super fresh. Not harsh at all, just taste and effect.

The problem with curing is that the smell evolves, changes and even becomes a bit less pungent compared to fresh weed. Curing makes the smell more complex and deeper but I think for vaping you need full on terpenes to make for the best experience.

So for me fresh weed is way superior for vaping than cured weed.

Anyone else have this experience?