What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

My weed finds in Guatemala

bodymind

Veteran
i'm curious if you kept any of the seeds and have any plans of growing it out/breeding it for a more refined selection.

OjoRojo420

Feeling good is good enough.
Veteran
como se dice sour jesus en espanol? lol

sounds like a good deal

Se dice:

Jesus Agrio

Costa has been getting some VERY potent brick weed. Don't know if Jamaican (suspect that).

It burns sweet and skunky to boot with a minty/piney/peppery smell in the bag.

The effect is strong and if you smoke too much and drink booze you will end up vomiting.

All in the head HIGH very stimulating...

Either that of the pesticides they use are the shit!!!!

Jamaican Raid weed? Don't trust Jamaican gangs...

I brought back a pure sativa from guatemala, takes roughly 3-4 months to flower, it was called mangito when i was there, very citrus with nice dreamy high. I attempted to make a reproduction but rats ate the seeds off the plants(12)! I still have enough left to make another but will wait for the right time. There was a pheno 1 in 10 that would foxtail and produce huge arms with a hazy taste and smell. They are very strong and can withstand a lot. Took 3 months of straight rain, no sun and poor soil/space and fertilizing and only the foxtailer popped one banana in the end.( which I polinated another hibrid with)

I also brought back a skunk from san pedro(mexican) just to see what the makeup would be. there were many varyations, 3 main pheno's: 1 dryland indica with a sweet sweet citrus smell. 2 thin leafed sativa with red candy stripe stems, reminds me of trainwreck only way finer. 3 hybrids in between. There were lots of hermies from this batch.

I deffinitely will be breeding with the guatemalan sativa as it has very trippy qualities when done correctly(or I'm more easily able to drift into the astral non-time) if that makes sense.
I'd love to go back and have a serious look at the cannabis gene pool there.:dance013:

jakeh

"I'd love to go back and have a serious look at the cannabis gene pool there."
The first bag I bought in San Pedro was the best but the seeds were typical tiger striped hybrids you see from home. I'm afraid there is so much hybridization that it would be hard to pin down whatever the true original varieties are. Lake Atitlan is so beautiful and cheap it is a magnet for budget travelers from around the world. They seem to bring there seeds with them and that was in 1996-97.

The most promising herb I puffed on was deffinitely near the rastas, all over central america. In guatemala, Costa Rica there is loads of "Naturals" which are semi compressed, usually low quality sativas from who knows where, but they are where I would be looking for a gem.
Some of the columbian in Costa rica I was getting had a really nice racy, expansive high, rarely any nugs just strings of pods and leaf. Onely one gem in 2 months sampling down there and I didn't even bring it back.
Also while in staying on the carribean in Costa a young rasta parted with some of his homegrown for me! It was some sticky sativa dominant hybrid that was grown to tropical perfection, though curing was an issue down there. It was a real treat after smoking the usual naturals. check with the fishermen

much of the scene(near cities) is mixed w indicas now, though there is sweet sativas to be found for sure!

furrywall11

I'm in Guat right now, yewaahh!!! :)) First time. I was doing a volcano hike with my own private guide and hired horse for when I got tired of walking--not that I'm lazy mind, but the altitude can be a little intense when you're not used to it--I ended up only using the horse for about %20 of the hike--all for 500q...we started talking herb and I showed them some pics on my iPhone of my greenhouse...they flipped..couldn't believe I could get away with growing 99 plants and that I got almost 4k per "kilo" haha..all legal. anyways, re cannabis availability in Guatemala this is my take..it's regional...In Guatemala City, where there are armed guards (shotguns, m16s) everywhere it's probably not a good idea to try and buy weed, unless you're already dialed in. Antigua, which is a total tourist town, is another story. The police are there to keep everything PG13 but there are dealers around...just got to be able to read the locals. rasta shirts are a good indicator, red eyes, etc. do keep in mind that weed is %100 illegal there and you could go to jail--you should double check this but I think there's mandatory sentencing for drug possession in Guatemala. There is a serious gang problem in the country of Guatemala--last stats show 60-90 murders a week with less than %4 of them being solved. That's a lot. Right now I'm in Guatemala city and honestly, even though I'm staying at the Westin, I have to stay on my toes when I'm walking around after dark...there's some bad vibes sometimes. All the little towns around Lake Atitlan (there are 12 of them all named after Saints) are all far, far, safer than Guatemala City in every respect...and it's probably a lot easier to score there too. I actually haven't picked up anything yet even though it's been offered.

On another note, the food here is pretty bad. Everything is over salted, they over use grated carrots in everything....low quality ingredients....I think the only good thing I've eaten here so far is Cajun shrimp...

Guatemala is awesome though...I definitely plan on coming back in the low season...watch out all the hotels in the whole town can get booked sometimes, hence my retreat to Guatemala City...where no one wants to be, lol.....I'm going to try and find something to do tonight though, after all it's new years eve!!!

:woohoo:

:)

furrywall11

I bit the bullet and bought a taxi into Antigua for new years....Guatemala City was so dead. I mean NOTHING. Antigua was off the hooK!!!!! :)) Highly recommend

Latest posts

Latest posts