What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Blue Moon Rocks Report

G

BOG Blue Moon Rocks - By Nate

Out of this pack of seeds I had 100% germination and due to stress only 3 females. I beleive the sex reversal in what I had previously beleived to be probable females was due to the blueberry genetics. Out of these three females we found a weaker, "Afro Pheno" that had an extreme amount of long white hairs. The other two phenos were very similar, of these I chose one clone for my mother and that clone is what this report is based on.

I will try to set up some threads soon, I just got a new digi and will get that shit going.

PHYSICAL EXAMINATION

1. __[8]__ Visual Appeal

Rate the visual appeal of the buds from 1-10 unappealing-excellent.

2. __[7]__ Visible Trichomes

Rate the visible trichome content from 1-10 none-totally covered.

3. Use an X to indicate the colors that are present in the trichome
heads under magnification or list the percentages of each color for
a more precise report. Leave these fields blank if you do not have
a powerful magnifier.

Clear []
Cloudy [X]
Amber [X]
Dark []

4. Mark with X the colors that are present in the buds or for a more
detailed color analysis rate presence on a scale 1-9 light-dark.

Brown []
Green [6]
Gold []
Blue [1]
Grey [2]
White []
Red []
Rust [1]
Orange []
Purple []
Black []

5. __[9]__ Bud density

Rate the bud density from 1-10 airy-dense. For samples that are
not in their natural state leave this field blank.

6. Use numbers 1-9 on descriptors that apply to the aroma of freshly
broken bud where a one indicates a subtle presence and 9 indicates
a pronounced presence. Delete the existing space when marking a
descriptor in order to maintain the columns in alignment.

Ammonia [ ] Earthy [3 ] Licorice [ ] Peach [ ]
Berry [ ] Floral [ ] Mango [ ] Pepper [ ]
Blueberry [2 ] Fruit [ ] Meat [ ] Petroleum [ ]
Bubblegum [ ] Grape [ ] Melon [ ] Pine [ ]
Cedar [ ] Grapefruit[ ] Menthol [ ] Pineapple [ ]
Cherry [ ] Grass/Hay [ ] Mint [ ] Rotten [ ]
Chocolate [ ] Hash [ ] Mold [ ] Skunk [ ]
Citrus [ ] Iron/Rust [ ] Musk [2 ] Spice [ ]
Coconut [ ] Leather [ ] Nutmeg [ ] Strawberry[ ]
Coffee [ ] Lemon [ ] Orange [ ] Vanilla [ ]

I have to add that I would put [3] for an unidentifiable chemical/hair product smell.

7. __[6]__ Aroma

Rate the aroma from 1-10 repulsive-delightful. Use freshly crumbled
bud for best results.

8. __[0]__ Seed content

Rate seed content from 0-10 none-fully seeded.

9. __[1.5]__ Weeks cured

If known enter the number of weeks your sample has been cured.
If desired repeat SSR after an additional two weeks of curing.

PHYSICAL EXAMINATION COMMENTS:

This Bud is extremely dense, no matter how little I try to snip off, I always have too much! It feels like it weighs nothing, very tight bud.

THE SMOKE TEST

Address these questions while smoking.

1. Please use a clean instrument for the evaluation. Enter information
below that will identify the instrument as follows:

Bong, Bubbler, Bamboo Water Pipe
Handpipe, Large Pipe, Long tube steamroller
Joints- Smoking brand papers, Deluxe and Blue
Blunts

Smokes great, the smoke is smooth.

2. Use numbers 1-9 on descriptors that apply to the taste where a one
indicates a subtle presence and a nine indicates a very pronounced
presence. Delete the existing space when marking a descriptor in
order to maintain the columns in alignment.

Ammonia [ ] Earthy [4 ] Licorice [ ] Peach [ ]
Berry [ ] Floral [ ] Mango [ ] Pepper [ ]
Blueberry [2 ] Fruit [ ] Meat [ ] Petroleum [ ]
Bubblegum [ 1] Grape [ ] Melon [ ] Pine [ ]
Cedar [ ] Grapefruit[ ] Menthol [ ] Pineapple [ ]
Cherry [ ] Grass/Hay [ ] Mint [ ] Rotten [ ]
Chocolate [ ] Hash [ ] Mold [ ] Skunk [ ]
Citrus [ ] Iron/Rust [ ] Musk [ 3] Spice [ ]
Coconut [ ] Leather [ ] Nutmeg [ ] Strawberry[ ]
Coffee [ ] Lemon [ ] Orange [ ] Vanilla [ ]

There really isn't a prolonged aftertaste, but it leaves the inside of your mouth slipery with resin for sometimes up to half and hour after a good toke. The resin tastes earthy.

3. __[6]__ Taste

Rate your impression of the taste from 1-10 unpleasant-delicious.

4. __[5]__ State of dryness

Rate the dryness of the bud from 1-10 wet-dry where 5 is ideal.

5. __[8]__ Smoke ability

Rate the smoke ability of the sample from 1-10 harsh-smooth.

6. __[6]__ Smoke expansion

Rate how the smoke expands in the lungs from 1-10 stable-explodes.

SMOKE TEST COMMENTS:

While the taste is not as fruity as hoped it is still pretty enjoyable. In the blunt it literally wipes out even the biggest smokers. Everyone goes slant eyed after a trip with The Rocks. I let some of the lower buds go alot longer than the main buds and they zonk me out, great for when I can't sleep! The High is comfortable as hell. Even if you smoke alot you just kinda feel good, relaxed. Heavy body stone, in high amounts is slightly narcotic. Again though, don't take that to mean this is a really hard hitter, the high makes you feel really good, but not knock out stoned.

FOLLOW UP QUESTIONS

Address final questions immediately after effects have worn off.

1. __[1, but there isn't any harm in continuing:joint:]__ Dosage

Enter the number of hits taken to reach desired effects.

2. __[2]__ Effect onset

Rate how quickly the effect hit from 1-10 immediate-major creeper.

3. __[3]__ Sativa influence

Rate the sativa influence detected from 0-10 none-extreme. Sativa
influence is best described as a clear and energetic mental effect.

4. __[7]__ Indica influence

Rate the indica influence detected from 0-10 none-extreme. Indica
influence is best described as a sedative, lethargic or numbing
effect that affects the body.

5. __[7]__ Potency

Rate the potency of the sample from 0-10 none-devastating.

6. __[2]__ Duration

Indicate the number of hours the effects lasted.

7. __[6]__ Tolerance build up

Rate how quickly tolerance builds from 0-10 none-rapid. Leave this
field blank if you have not used this sample repeatedly.

8. Usability

Rate on a scale of 1-9 where a one indicates the worst time of day
to consume this strain and a nine represents the ideal time of day.
Leave field(s) blank if you have not yet formed an opinion.

Morning - wake up [2]
Day - work [1]
Evening - relax [8]
Night - sleep [7]

9. __[7]__ Overall satisfaction

Rate your overall satisfaction from 1-10 poor-Holy Grail.

10. __[9]__ Ability and conditions

. Rate your overall ability to judge from 1-10 low-high. Consider
experience, strain familiarity, atmosphere, current tolerance and
most importantly the condition and preparation of the sample.

11.Judging from the sample alone do you personally consider this
strain a keeper for long term use?

Yes [X] But I will be searching for a more powerful indica with similar or better tightness/density.
No []

12.Rate the noticable effects on a scale of 1-9 mild-severe. Take
care to use the appropriate column for your response. Delete the
existing space when recording your entry to maintain the columns
in alignment. In all cases these casual observations should not
be construed as medical advice.

Negative Positive
Effect Effect

__[ ]__ __[7]__ Appetite
__[ ]__ __[8]__ Anxiety relief
__[ ]__ __[7]__ Paranoia relief
__[3]__ __[ ]__ Sex drive
__[ ]__ __[8]__ Sleep
__[ ]__ __[6]__ Pain relief
__[ ]__ __[8]__ Ability to rest or sit still
__[ ]__ __[6]__ Thought process
__[ ]__ __[6]__ Speech process
__[ ]__ __[6]__ Imagination/creativity
__[ ]__ __[5]__ Humor perception
__[ ]__ __[5]__ Visual perception
__[ ]__ __[5]__ Audio perception
__[ ]__ __[6]__ Taste perception

EXTENDED MEDICAL SURVEY (optional)

Negative Positive
Effect Effect

__[ ]__ __[ ]__ Alcoholism/Alcohol Abuse
__[ ]__ __[ ]__ Allergic rhinitis
__[ ]__ __[ ]__ Amphetamine Dependence
__[ ]__ __[ ]__ Anorexia
__[ ]__ __[ ]__ Arthritis/Musculoskeletar pain
__[ ]__ __[ ]__ Asthma/Cough
__[ ]__ __[ ]__ Bipolar disorder
__[ ]__ __[ ]__ Cancer/Cancer Chemotherapy
__[ ]__ __[ ]__ Chronic fatigue
__[ ]__ __[6]__ Depression
__[ ]__ __[ ]__ Diarrhea
__[ ]__ __[ ]__ Drusen of Optic Nerve
__[ ]__ __[ ]__ Epilepsy
__[ ]__ __[ ]__ Glaucoma
__[ ]__ __[ ]__ Hiccough
__[ ]__ __[ ]__ High blood pressure/Racing pulse
__[ ]__ __[6]__ Insomnia
__[ ]__ __[ ]__ Itching
__[ ]__ __[ ]__ Migraine/vascular headache
__[ ]__ __[ ]__ Muscle Spasm
__[ ]__ __[ ]__ Muscular movement disorders
__[ ]__ __[7]__ Nausea
__[ ]__ __[ ]__ Panic Attacks
__[ ]__ __[ ]__ Peripheral nerve pain
__[ ]__ __[ ]__ Post traumatic Stress Disorder
__[ ]__ __[8]__ Pre Menstrual Syndrome
__[ ]__ __[ ]__ Sedative/Opiate Dependence
__[ ]__ __[ ]__ Schizophrenia
__[ ]__ __[ ]__ SLE - systemic lupus erythematosus
__[ ]__ __[ ]__ Spasticity in Multiple Sclerosis

I like this strain, it has been good to me, I will be keeping as a mother for the time being, If anyone with experience can lend advice on a killer indica, I would love to hear it!

Pics coming soon. :friends:

friendlyfriend

Veteran
Thanks for the lovely Report NATE :yes: If you browse through a couple smoke reports in this forum I am sure you will run across a suitable indica or two :wink:

Nice report. If you are still going to search for a mostly indica hybrid then I would stick with the Bog seeds. If your looking for something with a strong taste try bogglegum,Bog said it tastes like grape bubblegum and never loses its flavor. Plus it is a quick finisher. I have also just read alot of grow reports on lifesaver and it also seems to have a really strong taste and very potent. And ofcourse you cant go wrong with his SourBubble. The people lucky enough to try SB already are raving about it :)

Hashmasta-Kut

honey oil addict
Veteran
i dont really understand your smoke report it seems very uncomplete. i havent finished my grow yet, but i have three phenos, and for smell for example i can tell you the ratings are all very different.. say, 10, 7, and 4 is what rating i would give my three phenos for that trait, about one of the only ones i can check b4 harvest. did you get only one pheno in your three plants? one of mine smells awesome, one smells kind of good, and one doesnt have much odor at all....

also for trichome coverage, at 5 weeks the ratings would be similar too, with the numbers corresponding to the smell funny enough(the strongest nicest smelling one the best trichome coverage)

so i can guess the stone factor will vary a lot too.

G

Well i dont understand the post at all , you start off by saying that the seedling's were stressed ,

so experience tells me that all the way threw the grow they were being stressed

if the plants were not grown properly , how can you rate the strain , this is my opinion .. peace

Seemed like a good report to me ... Well done Nate.

And if you didn't noticed, he did check the PMS box in the extended medical history.....I'd be nice LOL :whip:

G

he did check the PMS box in the extended medical history

uuhmm... maybe i am misunderstanding here, but if you are a Nate=male.. uhmm.. how can you rate this? :confused:

king j

haha dont know about the pms ranking but
the man grew the plants and was nice enough to rank the buds for us
he prefaced the post by saying the seeds were stressed so he got lower selection
this has nothing to do with how he grew the plants on a whole
i dont know i cant see why you think he cant rate the strain... hell i can rip off a piece of bud at about 30 days flower and get a good idea sometimes where the strain value is to me... not sayin id want that as my endall judgement but it has value.
im personally too lazy to fill out a whole report like that in the first place
so more power to the guy for sharing IM very HO
of course you are entilted to your opinions just thought id point out id rather be reading this report then not
also friend not to take a rude stab or question your experience as i dont know ya but experience tells me to not be so judgemental and critical
rock on
king

Hashmasta-Kut

honey oil addict
Veteran
good better and best(trichome production and smell).

these are all sister seeds at the same age( approx 5 weeks)

851good.jpg

851better.jpg

851best.jpg

Hashmasta-Kut

honey oil addict
Veteran
he was nice enough to make the report no doubt! i am just stating a fact that there is at least three very different phenos, and there is no way to rate them all the same unless the truth is distorted.

G

:biglaugh: Not being critial.... more like curious in a humorous way.... :joint:
He prolly has a wife or a girlfriend that he tested it on and respected her opinion.. i dunno.. lol.. that's why I asked...
:wink:

friendlyfriend

Veteran
In my expirience, when I judge depression, anxiety, bi-polar and a slew of other ailments the participants (or rather friends that I share my herbs with) either unfortunately suffer from these ailments or have shared the test samples with someone expiriencing those symptoms/ailments and have either noted minimal/marginal/significant improvement of said symptom/ailment. But in Nate's defense if you give a female subject cannabis and she is expiriencing PMS and you notice a huge positive difference! No need to push the envelope on that ONE and ask 21 questions! :spank: A simple notation will suffice :wink:

I love the fact that we are helping each other expand on the healing power of cannabis! That truely is a righteous plight in itself. Kudos to those of you taking the time out of you life to share in the well of knowledge associated with Smoke Reporting.

G

Hashmasta-Kut said:
he was nice enough to make the report no doubt! i am just stating a fact that there is at least three very different phenos, and there is no way to rate them all the same unless the truth is distorted.

"Out of these three females we found a weaker, "Afro Pheno" that had an extreme amount of long white hairs. The other two phenos were very similar, of these I chose one clone for my mother and that clone is what this report is based on."

I believe this is what the report was rated on. so im not seein what the huff is about:yes:

CBF

G

Hey the report is very nice , if Nate think's that the plants were grown under excellent condition's , and the report is as accurate as possible , then cool

it's just i would expect Bog's BMR to be alittle bit more better then what Nate rates , now that's just me , i will be growing it soon & i will judge myself .

but anyways , enjoy the harvest Nate . peace

G

This forum seemed smoke report based so I only included the grow information to give a better picture of the sample.

All of my plants were pretty uniform in veg, all with huge sturdy stalks and large fans. Some of the plants were definitly more Sativa, the clone used in the report was like this. I left to go on vacation and left someone in charge of the grow. I was gone for an extended period of time, and suffice to say this person did not do a very good job. When I returned I salavaged what phenos I had left of BMR and Apollo's Thunder. The clone that this report was based on was still one of the better looking plants of the pack. My selection was simply cut down, I felt for sure I had at least 5-6 females before I left on vaction.

I also had many plants and harvested at several different stages. I have smoked all the samples and found my favorite being taken around day 58. Anything after that kind of just puts you to sleep.

As for the PMS, I think it would be silly to assume I am just sitting in my growroom smoking all by myself :biglaugh:

No this report was delayed for a very long time so I would have enough time to properly judge the sample. My friends and my Girl have all toked heavily on these nuggets and multiple opinions have been taken into acount.

My grow friend on IC, Rich Fezzer still grows the other clone of BMR and his smoke report will also be filed on this thread since they came from the same bag of seeds. He will also report on the "Afro" pheno.

I will do updated reports on how the strain smokes after longer cures up until I ain't got any weed left :joint:

I will also get up some nug shots within the week.

Peace to everyone and happy growin.

G

"it's just i would expect Bog's BMR to be alittle bit more better then what Nate rates"

Grow it, I beleive there are better phenos of BMR to be had, not that I don't enjoy mine. I have actually considered getting another pack or two and finding a super tight, sweet ROCK.

Again, I hoped to avoid confusion by telling the clone's origins; this report is based off a single pheno, I have read of other phenos in OG Strainguide and through talking to growers via PM and threads. From what I have seen I beleive the stain to be slightly unstable, but it is good none the less. Even from the 3 females I had I had three different buds in flower. The "Afro" being weak, and not very resinous, and the other two, who I beleive were similar, one being slightly more vigorous and resinous than the other. Time will tell, I have both of these females in my possesion now and plan to use both in my next grow, if needed I will release more information.

Man, Maybe I will get another pack of BMR seeds :canabis:

Hashmasta-Kut

honey oil addict
Veteran
CBF said:
"Out of these three females we found a weaker, "Afro Pheno" that had an extreme amount of long white hairs. The other two phenos were very similar, of these I chose one clone for my mother and that clone is what this report is based on."

I believe this is what the report was rated on. so im not seein what the huff is about:yes:

CBF

ya i spaced and didnt notice that on the first read... :rolleyes: silly me.

but still ya, it may be quite sweet, some phenos.

Latest posts

Latest posts