What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

H3ad goes Coco

K

krushonkush

Wonderon how much ph down?? what do you ph down with? have you tried the full 6/9?
do you sit the water out at all?
4-5 weeks from seed need 6/9.:joint:

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
Heres my crop, miracle grow perlite mixed with Canna bricks, watered with RO water cut with a little tap water, we have been doing 6/9 + calmag + a dash of florablend

halloweenkush003.jpg

Am i tripping or does Head water his coco plants on a every other day schedule? Water once with 6/9, then water with Ph balanced plain water, then go back to 6/9, and hes doing minimal run off?

Maybe i am doing everything wrong, we are running about 40% runoff with the 6/9 boosted solution, i dont know my PPMs yet im trying to get myself a good meter.

AndreNicky

Am i tripping or does Head water his coco plants on a every other day schedule? Water once with 6/9, then water with Ph balanced plain water, then go back to 6/9, and hes doing minimal run off?

You tripping :laughing: Doin that will fuck up your coco's CEC(Cation Exchange Capacity)

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
^Whats that? How often should i water with Head formula?

So far i flood my plants once a day, should i do it more?

Tony Danza

Once a day works unless you are drying out, then twice a day will do.

Always feed unless you are intentionally trying to flush.

Mr.Bitti

anyone use cal-mag with H3ad formula?? only one out of 4 of my girls has some calcium def showing on some leaf edges. nothing extremely serious but id like them to be all green :)

Any suggestions on dose? should i just drop 2 ml of micro and switch them to cal-mag?

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
ive been using head formula and im seeing some kind of Mag deficiency, combined with a little phosphorus deficiency, so i am thinkiing about boosting it up a bit.

L

Lucy Diamond

Just wondering whether H3ad or anyone else using this recipe has tried the addition of beneficials such as AN's Tarantula/Piranha?

I am going to give this recipe a side by side run here with some ladies going into flower next week but wonder if I should add these products too(have them on hand).

AndreNicky

Just wondering whether H3ad or anyone else using this recipe has tried the addition of beneficials such as AN's Tarantula/Piranha?

I am going to give this recipe a side by side run here with some ladies going into flower next week but wonder if I should add these products too(have them on hand).

I used orgonism xl(myco innoculant plus some other stuff) on my plants right before flower and they seemed to like it. Also when i transpalnted i could see the myco had colonized the roots pretty nicely, i would use it if you got it

Work2much

I read this post once a week like its a religion.

Head reading his plants and playing with Lucas/GH amounts for coco opened up a lot for me to ponder and play with.

Mr.Bitti

whenever i do my nute calculations they come up to different ammounts of ppm at 6/9 than posted in the original post. does the coco have some nute content i should be adjusting for? i am using the gh flora calculator online. It has me very confused as im not sure if i should use the gh calculator as a guide for adjusting my nutes when adding supplements. Can anyone confirm the variations and tell my why its that way?

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
i mixed up a five gallon batch of H3ads, so 6/9 = 30/45 of micro/bloom, + 10 ml cal+mag and 10ml of Dutchmaster Flowering enhancer, (not ten ml per gallon, but 10ml for the whole 5 gal res) and my PPM was around 1500. I diluted the mix with one more gallon of pure water and my PPMs dropped to about 1400, that sound about right??

AndreNicky

i mixed up a five gallon batch of H3ads, so 6/9 = 30/45 of micro/bloom, + 10 ml cal+mag and 10ml of Dutchmaster Flowering enhancer, (not ten ml per gallon, but 10ml for the whole 5 gal res) and my PPM was around 1500. I diluted the mix with one more gallon of pure water and my PPMs dropped to about 1400, that sound about right??

Sounds about right basic head formula should be about 900 ppms so with the calmag and dutchmaster that seems perfect

Grat3fulh3ad

The Voice of Reason
Veteran
I'd not use the cal-mag. there is enough Ca and Mg in the formula I posted, and adding 10ml cal-mag throws the ratios out of the most effective range.

Edit... Actually i was thinking about it a bit more, and if you are adding the flower enhancer and it has no Ca or Mg in it, a small amount of cal mag may actually help put the ratios back in line a bit, since adding alot of P and K would skew the ratio the other way...

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
^cool, i have been thinking about backing off. i only used 10ml for five gallons though, so thats about 2ml per gallon?

but if it comes from the gratefulh3ad himself, i am cutting cal+mag out of the res stating today!

Bobby Stainless

"Ill let you try my Wu-Tang style"
Veteran
Thanks for getting me on board H3ad. I am going to start 8 plants in CoCo tomorrow.

Here's my current Casey Jones.
picture.php

Mr.Bitti

I'd not use the cal-mag. there is enough Ca and Mg in the formula I posted, and adding 10ml cal-mag throws the ratios out of the most effective range.

Edit... Actually i was thinking about it a bit more, and if you are adding the flower enhancer and it has no Ca or Mg in it, a small amount of cal mag may actually help put the ratios back in line a bit, since adding alot of P and K would skew the ratio the other way...

I adjusted my formula to lower nitrogen by using cal-mag i am using 2/9 per gallon and 8 ml of cal-mag. Dont know the exact ppm numbers but they seem to enjoy it and i effectively lowered the nitrogen without lowering cal-mag(actually raised it). I was getting alot of clawing on 2 of my girls and this seems to be helping out.

What do you think about this head? oh and do you go 6/9 all the way till flush?