What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

H3ad goes Coco

Chiefsmokingbud

Slap-A-Ho tribe
Veteran
Can't we all just smoke a bong. Face it different growers have differnt successes with differnt nutes/ formulas. I for one never got into Lucas but i've seen some crazy grows using that formula. I prefer coco and organic and still compete with it. Let's just agree to disagree.

bounty29

Custom User Title
Veteran
Disagreeing is one thing, saying this formula blows when it obviously works for many people is wrong. I'm not saying it will work for anyone, because I know different conditions lead to different things, but it works for h3ad and Rez, both outstanding members and growers. I tried organics and didn't like it, moved on to coco and a formula based off of this and similar info and have found what I like.

Grat3fulh3ad

The Voice of Reason
Veteran
Indica Sativa said:
LOL and my dick is 20'' long!!! LMAO!!

You give me a formula to use, and yet it still doesn't work with the the water I use. YET, you tell me to add more Epsom to magically fix my problems? Explain to me why this thread is stickied?

Your math skills suck, or else you would have given me a proper answer as to why your GH formula blows :muahaha: How many credits do you have Head?

Just because you are an ICMag capitalist gives you absoulutely no right to demean people.
lol... Dunno what made you so bitter as to make up stories, bro...
As far as giving you a proper answer, First you have to ask a proper question...
As far as to why your grow 'blows', well... there are always more ways to mess something up than there are ways to get it right... I never told you to add epsom to magicly fix any water problems... If your water sucks, then maybe you need to filter it...
lol... my math is fine, I use a calculator after all... The math has nothing to do with making the plant grow... It only provides a way to consistently replicate what has been proven to work... Don't go blaming your water problems on me or on math... other people can do it, if you can't then that suggest user error to me...

Careful with that 20" dick, btw, You're bound to put an eye out eventually...

clowntown

Veteran
Indica Sativa quit being a troll

Indica Sativa quit being a troll

Hi, :wave:

Can you guys grow my weed for me? :chin:

I mean, c'mon, you say you're so damned good at it, so f'ing prove it to me by growing it for me or I won't believe you. OK? :angrymod:

Thanks,

clowntown :crazy:

Z

zoolander

Sometimes I think to myself I should sell the plasma's because the threads here are much better than any TV show :wave: :muahaha:

KolaGondola

H3ad

Thank you for the great thread. I have been keeping up and look forward to your explanations and clarifications. A couple of posts back Bounty29 posted "The Recipe". I was wondering if you could give your thoughts on this feeding schedule. What might be the pros and cons of this variation and the addition of the KoolBloom to the mix. Thanks again. I have learned much from you.

KolaGondola

Last edited:

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
Please don't spoil a great thread with anymore antagonistic posts Hella Fella, i stickied this thread back when it started, because its about coco with gh 3 part nutes. we need to remember that our own particular style or way of growing isn't necessarily for everyone, let alone the only "right" way. in the end we can but benefit from having different ways to do it well documented here.

lets try and keep things positive and civil, it makes things so much smoother and enjoyable for everyone.

peace

micko-uk

Yer,,, i agree, with gaiusmarius, don't fuck it up....... with some ( no most ) of the of the shit
that i read on here by thick growers & newbies were just a bit of restretch could do wonders,,,,,
LIKE THIS THREAD AND I KNOW I'm doing it with no probes........And i have done them all even coco in the old days when it was like dust
just held to much water and no air. My girls look the dogs @ 3 1/2 weeks of 12/12 This is down to advise,, and good advise is hard to find.
H F if you cant get this right whit all what's been said and told you gotta be sad.

kovenant

just checkin back in on your thread H3ad - sadly looks like it got totally derailed by some aggro punk

on a brighter note ~ how are things? doing good myself :) ive decided to drop the zeolites from my coco mix and go with just coco (and 20% big&chunky perlite)

GoneGrowing

Hey Grat3fulh3ad, nice rigid approach to calculating your nutrients coomposition and some sound advice to find throughout this thread, been lurking here a few times since I decided to go with GH Flora micro and bloom, so now I'm hoping you or others here can help contribute with a few pointers as to how I should continue feeding.

I'm on 30 th day of flowering 6 sour diesels and Im using a regular potting soil mixed with 10-20% perlite mixed in, regular potting soil don't say much, but it's quite fert neutral peat based soil. My tap water sucks(ec=0.8) so am using a ro filter and mixed half tap half ro throughout veg and when I started flowering I started using the lucas formula but with only at 1/4 strenght but with every watering almost. Right now they're getting about 1/4 strength of 7m/14b and everything is looking good, but I'm not quite sure how I want to continue feeding. I'm planning on letting them go as long as I can, about 80 days, and plan on flushing for the last 2-3 weeks. So I basically just need to decide how I want to feed for the next month or so. I could continue as I've been doing now, but I was wondering, since I'm in soil that maybe I should cut the micro out of my feeding, that there might be too much N in it for this stage? I don't know really, but too much N can't be good in mid-late flowering? Just wan't to make sure there isn't too much N in their feedings, but enough to keep them lush and green for a little while yet before flushing sets in. So should I worry about there being too much N in my current mix or just keep on my current schedule, any tips are much appreciated?

A little shot of them

Last edited:

Grat3fulh3ad

The Voice of Reason
Veteran
Stop being such an ass... do you have something against civility?
It is my thread...
I've smoked and grown Herb both flushed and unflushed, and the flushed is better...
You made bullshit post totally unrelated to the thread, except to contradict...
Your very tone and approach to this thread were derisive... Then you go making idiotic comments about Seed sales and Egos... LMAO...

Have you ever paid any attention to my seed sales?
I haven't even listed any beans in months even though people are begging for them, and whatever I list would sell out immediately...

LOL... The only publicity I need are the grows people post of their seeds...
Reputation and quality sells seeds, not informative posts or perceived ego...

You haters are really funny sometimes...

Z

zoolander

I'll be running G13/ Diesel soon and that should help move more seeds that need no help to begin with. I've been wantin Casey Jones for along time and thats not from Head pushing them its from good genetics at a good price. :headbange

Tony Danza

Another satisfied lurker(former)

Another satisfied lurker(former)

So I finally pulled my head out of my ass and switched to coco.

I started out with pureblend bloom, calmag and my kick ass 40ppm tapwater. I started with common ratios of pb and adjusted as I tried to "read my plants", try as I might I could not get this persistent mg def to go away, I tried everything short of foliar feeding epsom salts (figured that would only mask the problem). I tried molasses, epsom salts, sea weed xtract and other bullshit only to see weeks of slow yellow stupid growth.

I read this thread, went to the store bought me some gh, flushed and adopted the Head program and it was like BANG! next day noticeable reduction of yellow and pronounced vigor. Ive never looked back, these are the healthiest plants Ive ever grown and I'll spend less than 7 bucks a cycle on food and the 5kg brick of botanicare I got for 12 bucks should last me for years.

A couple questions though:

Is a Kool Bloom supplement any different than upping the bloom from 9 to 12?

How do you recycle your coco? Do you use and enzyme or just flush?

Again, thanks for the info.

bounty29

Custom User Title
Veteran
Wow Tony, sounds just like my experience with PBP and CalMag, took me a couple grows to get to this point though, and I'm extremely happy I made the switch.

I'm growing in promix, outdoors and I was thinking I'd go with Head's old ratios when he was growin in promix, but would anyone advise me to just use the coco ratio instead?

I have enough ladies, guess I could try both (rather not!) because I've read it being done either way here, like in Rez's recipe. Which could be better??

Any response is greatly appreciated!!

phrank

great thread...

great thread...

A most enjoyable and informative thread. I am a huge fan of organic soils, but I am going to give this method a try. Why? I have come to believe that the process of mixing organic soils poses a health risk. My biggest worry in switching to this method is in losing the amazing taste that I have always associated with organically grown produce. We'll see how it goes... I did have one question. Can I mix up a quantity of nutrient solution, and then use it over the course of a couple of days? Finally, I am hoping that Head will start selling seeds soon, as I'd really like to give 'em a go.

phrank

Hella Fella

Your a mouthy fucking bitch.....

So sad you threw civility out the window.....

LET ME REPEAT MYSELF:
Hella Fella said:
Nah.....I don't sweat it....! This isn't "MY THREAD" it's the world's..... I just tend to post here alot... ;)

Why make a dick-swinging contest out of your ego? Im not some 12 year old in here starting shit, peruse my thread if you wish, BUT MAINLY STOP BEING A PIGHEADED ****! Edit: I guess theres a filter for C U N T

Please....

Latest posts

Latest posts