What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The DEFINITIVE OG Kush History

picture.php

OG KUSH.
My absolute favorite picture of the REAL ORIGINAL OG KUSH. A Plant that has brought the world to its knees. The plant that forever changed the world of Cannabis. The Standard that all others are held to. The most faked, The most Coveted, The One that stood the test of time. The one we cannot stand, But could never live without. The Queen of Queens. The way you get rich off of weed. <3
Photo Credit : Todd McCormick.

Wendull C.

Veteran
I notice this is the second time bty has been mentioned so far. First was the op mentioned it in list of early renames. Curious if something has come to light since I quit paying attn? Cuz it's not one of the "earlier" renames...it was around....I dunno....09...10? KRD named the cut he got from....victorville? I can't remember...it was just called kush when he got it. She definitely on my list of all time og cuts...best yielder for smaller size grow areas...best yield of og cuts...not all cuts.

The cut was brought as just kush. That was the only label on it. Then when asked the person who brought it said it was sfv. It did not acquire the bty moniker for many years. I refused to use it at first but when it stuck , I had too. I always thought it arrogant.

I can say that cut has been butchered by people and their growing practices. It is a shadow of itself most times I see it. A far cry from what we waited a week and paid 560 an oz for. It literally saddens me to see it most times. That is until you get her in the hands of those that knew her first, and what she could and should be.:biggrin:

It was passed out freely after a friends death because people were not honoring his wishes, had stole, sold cuts for 500 each and so on. That pissed this one cat off. So out it went for free.

Yes, Sub it was victorville area this all went down.

Last edited:

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
The cut was brought as just kush. That was the only label on it. Then when asked the person who brought it said it was sfv. It did not acquire the bty moniker for many years. I refused to use it at first but when it stuck , I had too. I always thought it arrogant.

I can say that cut has been butchered by people and their growing practices. It is a shadow of itself most times I see it. A far cry from what we waited a week and paid 560 an oz for. It literally saddens me to see it most times. That is until you get her in the hands of those that knew her first, and what she could and should be.:biggrin:

It was passed out freely after a friends death because people were not honoring his wishes, had stole, sold cuts for 500 each and so on. That pissed this one cat off. So out it went for free.

Yes, Sub it was victorville area this all went down.
I didn't know we know the same people! I don't know the guy who gave it to KRD, but he labeled it bty before he even harvested the first run. Annnd I'm pretty sure he never told people it was SFV as he had that cut also. As far as I know, he, nor anyone else was selling the cut. Og's were on every corner by that time here in SoCal, and BTY spread fast. Sounds like, as with many og's, the legend is getting larger the longer she is around!

Wendull C.

Veteran
I didn't know we know the same people! I don't know the guy who gave it to R, but he labeled it bty before he even harvested the first run. Annnd I'm pretty sure he never told people it was SFV as he had that cut also. As far as I know, he, nor anyone else was selling the cut. Og's were on every corner by that time here in SoCal, and BTY spread fast. Sounds like, as with many og's, the legend is getting larger the longer she is around!

It was spread much earlier than it was given the name. It was given as sfv or just og kush.

Stories always have omissions and deviations when passed by the word of mouth. Very plausible indeed, but the DNA sequencing of the OG and Chem along with the Diesel lines should be able to decipher the riddle behind it all, including the supposed Thai in the OG sequence.

Walk in peace ✌

Wendull C.

Veteran
I for one would love to know if lemon thai is really part of the genetic makeup. I had mandala lemon thai from an older gentleman that was heavenly.

I for one would love to know if lemon thai is really part of the genetic makeup. I had mandala lemon thai from an older gentleman that was heavenly.

I've smoked and grown my share of Thai and even have family over there. Yet I don't see it or feel it even when I smoke and feel out them OG girls no matter what one. I have torn Ograskals Fire apart into practical ash, never did anything resemble anything Thai other than the mutation factors. But that's found in other types too from the chems to many spun off lines and more. Yet I have never seen that intersex trait it anything og broken down or even crossed when it is the dominate one.

Medfinder

Chemon 91
A side note I would be interested in is the history of raskal og...before it was fire og...I remember rumors of him losing the cut? We got it from wick before that and I tell you what...best og cut I ever grew. And I've grown a number of them. Loved them all. But that cut was fukn special.

here on icmag he used to post as 650wick from what i saw... i remember NNCC owner kevin used to tell me storys bout tracking down all the chemdawg..giesel.. diesal and the og kush ... the closest plant ive seen was the kirkwood ogalthough its smaller.

i grew out many raskal og seeds and they were very good...

but when i got the larry and the Louie og's .

lost interest in the raskal og cuz i never got the true pheno outta the seeds i bought.

so many stories but i like how they use ICMAG as proof read material

heres another story...

The mother plant, the F-Cut OG Kush, was brought onto the scene by ICMag.com member DankiestOG. Having posted some of the arguably, dankest looking pictures of an OG Kush to ever hit ICmag.com, it was an instant hit and immediately one of the most highly sought cuttings. He claimed he had received the cutting in the late 90's/early 2000's in the Lake Tahoe area, when it was simply labeled as “Kush” ― nothing more. Named after the impressive Lake Tahoe area ski resort "KirkWood."

http://www.thenorthwestleaf.com/pages/articles/post/jan-2014-behind-the-strain-kirkwood-og

picture.php

Last edited:

JetLife175

Veteran
420giveaway
Hey subrob,

Ogkushman has said that his boys were the ones that sold raskal his first flat of cuts ... Take it for what it's worth but OGkushmans people were definitely holding the cut at the time and raskal renamed it "og fire" then "fire og" respectively. That OG cut came from a graffiti writer named Sloth from KOG crew in LA. That's some info that really isn't out there and I hope it helps somehow? lol

Also the cut that floats around as raskals og is swerves work and it's a fire x sfv cross......

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I would really like to know what people's favourite cuts are from this set of olden goldies????

Wendull C.

Veteran
I would really like to know what people's favourite cuts are from this set of olden goldies????

That's a hard one there. I would have to ask from a grower, smoker, or on what level you mean? Some cuts are a smokers dream and a growers nightmare. Some vice versa.

Hell, I can't even answer that one.

Off topic but sour d X'd to og is the finest smoke I have ever had. Just have to win the lottery in your selections. 707 headband is one of those.

JetLife175

Veteran
420giveaway

Here's my personal running list... This is from smoking experience only as I have not ran every one of these but have ran a good amount.

1. Josh D directly from Josh himself
2. Topanga aka PK Ripper
3. BTY aka Victorville OG aka High Desert OG
4 Private Reserve aka PR OG
5. Larry OG
6. High Octane OG
7 Legend OG from CALM (not this crinkle pheno BS)
8. Hardcore OG from the Hollywood Russians
9. Skywalker .. The G-cut I guess it goes by now.
10. Fire OG if you can actually find a real one. Most are just Wi-Fi selections now.

EDIT- there's also one that came to mind today which was a cut I got from AJ about 3-4 years ago called.the RBK aka Rickys Brothers Kush aka Snoops OG. That shit was face melting and I regret losing that particular cut .

Last edited:

JetLife175

Veteran
420giveaway
That's a hard one there. I would have to ask from a grower, smoker, or on what level you mean? Some cuts are a smokers dream and a growers nightmare. Some vice versa.

Hell, I can't even answer that one.

Off topic but sour d X'd to og is the finest smoke I have ever had. Just have to win the lottery in your selections. 707 headband is one of those.

There was with sour OG running around in like 06 which is still my favorite smoke besides the Josh. Wish I could find that ranky chemical bitch these days... The one that got away!

Last edited:

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
IFuk me,, the power list,,,how come your missing the valley bro,, subs baby,, wtf

Hay sub,, what's your power list,,I'm guessing the valley number 1 on your list?

Here's my personal running list... This is from smoking experience only as I have not ran every one of these but have ran a good amount.

1. Josh D directly from Josh himself
2. Topanga aka PK Ripper
3. BTY aka Victorville OG aka High Desert OG
4 Private Reserve aka PR OG
5. Larry OG
6. High Octane OG
7 Legend OG from CALM (not this crinkle pheno BS)
8. Hardcore OG from the Hollywood Russians
9. Skywalker .. The G-cut I guess it goes by now.
10. Fire OG if you can actually find a real one. Most are just Wi-Fi selections now.

With this thread being potentially the best og kush thread in god knows how may years,,, i thought maybe it was a good idea to mention this,,this is from a friend who I think is possibly in possession of something really special

He thought it was chem by the taste and his experience (super valid, probably more so than phylos) ,, i guessed it was dogbud maybe,, but wtf do I know ,, or pre chem,, phylos said it looked like exactly like the oldest ogs,, but with some odd variations (somaclonal?),,

Anyone know the clone I'm referring to?,,,hope it's OK me posting this?

Last edited:

JetLife175

Veteran
420giveaway
Fuk me,, the power list,,,how come your missing the valley bro,, subs baby,, wtf

Hay sub,, what's your power list,,I'm guessing the valley number 1 on your list?

I'm not a SFV fan. And isn't the valley OG the cut that TLC/Jungle boys released not even that long ago? Whenever I've been offered a legit sfv cut its always been called sfv or the 818. Id take the 818 over the sfv as it seems to yield better for me.. The Sfv just isn't my cup of tea.

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm not a SFV fan. And isn't the valley OG the cut that TLC/Jungle boys released not even that long ago? Whenever I've been offered a legit sfv cut its always been called sfv or the 818. Id take the 818 over the sfv as it seems to yield better for me.. The Sfv just isn't my cup of tea.

I have no idea,, never seen a real jungle boys pack,, never smoked the Sfv,,

Never smoked a real og,, no shit.,, I'm on a ligit cookies clone (jigga) atm and waiting like a good boy for an unverified ghost,, that's what level I'm really on in the UK bro,, never smoked a real og,, this jigga is the best clone I've ever seen apart from the purple kush I've got which looks almost identical to cookies,, or maybe if you count the unverified pre 98 bubba I had a few years back but I dropped it for pk as it was also very similar but lacking the red Berry thing,, I'm looking at your greener grass bro,,

There was with sour OG running around in like 06 which is still my favorite smoke besides the Josh. Wish I could find that ranky chemical bitch these days... The one that got away!

Apparently this clone called skinny, is so chemy people thought it was strait dog,,,phylos started scratching there head saying its almost in the same location as the most authentic OGs,, like I said,, it was taken from a repo situation,, could this be what you are talking about with the chemy og jet?

[

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts