What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

How long before CBD Everything - CBD Pepsi and Reeses? (USA Hemp farm bill now law)!!

Cannabologist

Veteran
So..> Just that.. How long you think???

I give it 5 years. Maybe less. Probably a little more, but no more than 10, when in every supermarket where you have the aka rofl "natural" and "organic" food isles, you will have CBD everything...

CBD Doritos. CBD Reeses... Yes I'll say it twice cause ya I love reeses...

Oh but the game is over for you folk. I mean, unless you are already the guy lol. If you were worried about Monsanto making GMO cannabis hemp before.... NOW it's going to be a reality and they will have THE best, highest CBD producing, no THC strains you can get (mold/disease resistant, fast producing, etc). Sorrrrrrry but they just simply will and most farmers will buy from them soon.

Its gonna go in everything. CBD. THC down the road too. There won't be dispensaries it'll be like buying cigs and beer, CBD and THC reeses cups... CBD 5 to 10, THC 10 to maybe 20.

Not to mention alcohol+CBD now.... All available at your local liquor store!!!! Budweiser CBD. Coors CBD. Jose Curevo CBD especial lol.

I said it now :tiphat::huggg:

ALSO... Did anyone also realize what defacto became legal with this bill????? LOL... I wonder if anyone can guess... But they legalized a WHOLE micro cannabis industry overnight far beyond hemp with the signage of this bill :biggrin:

robotwithdreams

Veteran
I have to say im a bit confused by what you are trying to get at. Oh no!!! We are going to have high quality cbd , that is so cheap its in everything, finally making cbd cheap enough so most folks can finally afford to take therapeutic doses relatively easily.

Yeah no shit, legal canna is going to put most growers out of business, thanks nostradamus.

And you make monsanto sound great!

I for one am looking forward for canna to take its rightfull place out of the underground and into the light. To be apprecited for its many, many possibilities to enhance the human experience for an ever larger number of people. For cannabis to finally be noramalized.

St. Phatty

CBD should be cheap.

But whenever I'm at a counter of some place that sells CBD products, I'm always amazed at the price. Something the size of a chocolate bar, "that'll be $50."

Would like to try it, but no hurry.

BurnOne

No damn given.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I've been trying CBD oil for about a week now for anxiety, better sleep and inflammation in my ankle. I bought "high quality" CBD oil from Herbstrong and Charlotte's Web. Maybe my ankle is doing better, maybe I'm sleeping better but it's not helping my anxiety. I'll have to refill my diazipam soon. I haven't had any THC since before Overgrow went down due to heart issues. CBD may be snake oil. If I don't see significant improvement after these two bottles I'm sure it's snake oil and I'm going to get in the game and make some money before the fad dies out.
Burn1

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
As far as i'm aware, CBD works significantly better with at least some THC, with 3% being a good number to start with. Without it, you're looking at minimal benefits and using more than you would with a bit of THC.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
As far as i'm aware, CBD works significantly better with at least some THC, with 3% being a good number to start with. Without it, you're looking at minimal benefits and using more than you would with a bit of THC.

whole plant works better due to "entourage effect", combined effect of ALL the components. same problem was discovered when they first started isolating vitamin C. the purer it got, the less effect it had. spin one up!:tiphat:

robotwithdreams

Veteran
I've been trying CBD oil for about a week now for anxiety, better sleep and inflammation in my ankle. I bought "high quality" CBD oil from Herbstrong and Charlotte's Web. Maybe my ankle is doing better, maybe I'm sleeping better but it's not helping my anxiety. I'll have to refill my diazipam soon. I haven't had any THC since before Overgrow went down due to heart issues. CBD may be snake oil. If I don't see significant improvement after these two bottles I'm sure it's snake oil and I'm going to get in the game and make some money before the fad dies out.
Burn1

I would not call it snake oil. There are however a number of companies selling bunk products.
More importantly, from my understanding, and you should look into it for yourself, a person would need really high doses of cbd if taken without other cannabinoids like thc. The studies showing cbds therapeutic potential were with very high doses of cbd, something like 200-500mg a day. Now i do think some people may benefit from small doses for some conditions. But for anxiety , i think you need the higher doses, which can get very expensive with he current prices.

Can i ask how many mg a day you are taking currently?

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
I would not call it snake oil. There are however a number of companies selling bunk products.
More importantly, from my understanding, and you should look into it for yourself, a person would need really high doses of cbd if taken without other cannabinoids like thc. The studies showing cbds therapeutic potential were with very high doses of cbd, something like 200-500mg a day. Now i do think some people may benefit from small doses for some conditions. But for anxiety , i think you need the higher doses, which can get very expensive with he current prices.

Can i ask how many mg a day you are taking currently?
CBDs are better than nothing (if you are not comfortable breaking the law (illegal states) but, as mentioned you need industrial quantities to max the benefits, Can I say cashing $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ Cannabis is a hell of a lot cheaper in the long run.

soil margin

Veteran
Sure they will make versions of existing products with CBD in then, but that doesn't mean they are going to take over the market. It's like when processed organic food became a fad in the 90s and gluten-free became a craze in the past 10 years. You could now go buy an organic or gluten free version of any food product that was already on the market, but it didn't destroy the existing market or existing products. Just like how organic gluten-free peanut butter cups on the grocery store shelf didn't stop people from buying original Reese's cups, a new CBD infused version of an existing commodity is not going to make people stop buying the original. Things that are CBD infused I think will remain a specialty item the way that lots of fancy and obscure food products remain specialty items.

Cannabinoids are also still too expensive to be infusing everything with them. Go to the dispensary and buy a 100mg CBD soda and it costs $25. A 50mg THC candy bar costs $15. Prices still need to come down drastically before big companies and global corporations can start marketing and distributing these products. We essentially need to wait for a new global agricultural industry to become established and efficient at production before any of this is going to be possible.

St. Phatty

Go to the dispensary and buy a 100mg CBD soda and it costs $25. A 50mg THC candy bar costs $15. Prices still need to come down drastically before big companies and global corporations can start marketing and distributing these products.

So it's not my imagination.

I notice birds like Cannabis leaves A LOT. Got to wonder if they can taste the CBD or other cannabinoids.

Since CBD is not expensive to manufacture, those high prices for CBD products can't last too long.

soil margin

Veteran
So it's not my imagination.

I notice birds like Cannabis leaves A LOT. Got to wonder if they can taste the CBD or other cannabinoids.

Since CBD is not expensive to manufacture, those high prices for CBD products can't last too long.

When you say you notice birds liking cannabis leaves, are we talking plain fan leaves or sugar leaves that have resin on them?

Fan leaves don't taste all that bad though actually (at least with some strains), not much more bitter than many common dark salad greens. I've made and eaten plain cannabis leaf salads before when I'm doing homegrows and they're actually pretty edible. I usually have em with some olive oil/balsamic dressing, salt/pepper and a few chunks of raw cheddar sprinkled on.

St. Phatty

When you say you notice birds liking cannabis leaves, are we talking plain fan leaves or sugar leaves that have resin on them?

They were going after the growing tips on plants in veg.

Specifically, pet chickens that snuck indoors and found the plants in veg. and were eating everything until I stopped them.

They usually are not THAT enthusiastic about plants. That one time they were going after the Cannabis like it was raw hamburger, one of their other favorites.

Cannabologist

Veteran
I have to say im a bit confused by what you are trying to get at. Oh no!!! We are going to have high quality cbd , that is so cheap its in everything, finally making cbd cheap enough so most folks can finally afford to take therapeutic doses relatively easily. I'm pretty sure.. Its ALREADY here friend! Anyone can order CBD online, hell I get CBD gummies in gas stations now. Its already everywhere... The point was FEDERALIZATION is going to open the door to real, large companies and their brands of products... Potentially. At least in my mind. And I was posing the thought.. Who else thinks so and how long?

Yeah no shit, legal canna is going to put most growers out of business, thanks nostradamus. Welllll.... That is another thing about all this isn't it... For better or for worse.

And you make monsanto sound great! Its how ever one wants to take it... They will produce a premier product that farmers will want and grow, producing a product that goes into these large corporate brands...> ie. Coke will have their suppliers for CBD for their Coke CBD products, and the farmers who grow such will likely get their hemp seed supplied by Monsanto or affiliate.

I for one am looking forward for canna to take its rightfull place out of the underground and into the light. I'mmmm pretty sure it already HAS lol... Its 2019! Its legal anywhere where you aren't living somewhere that sucks!!

To be apprecited for its many, many possibilities to enhance the human experience for an ever larger number of people. For cannabis to finally be noramalized. Again who at this point do you know that DOESN'T use cannabis or somehow stigmatizes anyone who does? LOL you act like cannabis is somehow mushrooms or hard psychedelics... These are the next trees being chopped at now, cannabis is at this point basically a non-issue in terms of "getting the message out there" as you are describing... Joe Rogan and a billion hippies have done this job already:huggg:
:tiphat:

Cannabologist

Veteran
Sure they will make versions of existing products with CBD in then, but that doesn't mean they are going to take over the market. You think CBD Coke won't out compete some small company making CBD products out of their basement? Or even a bigger company that has a real market share already now? Sure those will always exist, but how big can they get compared to Coke CBD? Walmart and Target and EVERY store big and small and inbetween will sell Coke CBD by Coke. They aren't going to sell your small company's brand of CBD products, no matter if you've been operating since 1997.

Just like how organic gluten-free peanut butter cups on the grocery store shelf didn't stop people from buying original Reese's cups, a new CBD infused version of an existing commodity is not going to make people stop buying the original I never said they will stop buying the original, these companies will probably out-compete everyone with their version of CBD products, should they decide to get into the game... Which, I think they will, and it'll only take 1 or 2 big ones to fall the dominoes and everyone jumps on board.

Things that are CBD infused I think will remain a specialty item the way that lots of fancy and obscure food products remain specialty items. I do not think so and it will not be long before this is the case. People will want quality products from trusted sources that can put in the time and money to research and make a safe, reliable product that always works... Theres a reason why thats the big companies more often than not.

Prices still need to come down drastically before big companies and global corporations can start marketing and distributing these products. We essentially need to wait for a new global agricultural industry to become established and efficient at production before any of this is going to be possible.That business model has already been figured out, I've Alex Jones'ed the documents. LoL no really I've read the documents when it comes to corporations having figured out this business model... And legalization allows any state to grow it.. And it'll be grown in the south and they already know how much oil per hectare for how much fertilizer and so on....

Prices on THC oil are already dirt cheap.. CBD oil.. Comeon.. Companies charge a premium right now because THEY CAN, and the consumer doesn't really know better and they don't know brands yet, along with copycatting.... And copycatting with all these small players is REALLY whats going to drive consumer demand for large corporate companies to come in and take over..... Especially when in a market like it is now I hear crap like vape cartridges being filled with K2 or other synthetic cannabinoids, and copycat packaging of big brands.
:huggg:

BombBudPuffa

Veteran
I give it a couple of years. It's exploded in my area. Several places to get all kinds of cbd products...candies, pills, flowers. Hell, think I saw a cbd energy drink in a gas station. Flowers are $25 an 1/8 so expensive for some non-psychoactive shit.

Latest posts

Latest posts