What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Trimming season in California and how to join

Wendull C.

Veteran
I just helped my friend touch up some machine molested crap he didn't shave too bad. Shame, the nug was og and it was proper in every way.

Helped more to get him paid and get ne a bit 9f smoke. I dont have og going this run. Anyway, my bag seemed light. This fucker paid me 10 dollars an hour. Straight burger flippin wages. Next time he can wait to get paid.

Thcvhunter

Veteran
I’ll be in the Triangle.
I have a bad back, so no heavy lifting. But Im down to trim, balance/blend soil, transplant

dimodz

Elite StrainCloneHunter
Veteran
Your friend is lying. I've lived here in Humboldt county since 1979. Trimmers used to make $200 per lb. But the market has collapsed. Growers only get $200-$700 a lb.now here. They aren't gonna pay someone half the price of the weed to trim it. No one should " just show up" here if you dont have a trimming job lined up in advance. The streets of Garberville and Willow Creek fill up with starving wanna be trimmers from all over the world here. Most have to go back to the cities of Eureka or Arcata to get food at homeless shelters. And there is the dark side here. Over 35 missing women and girls here in the last 10 years. Most were trimmers or working on grows. And random body oarts found in Humboldt bay or out on Hwy. 36. It's not all 'peace and love's here anymore. It's grows run by Bulgarian mafia and Mexican cartels...if you absolutely have to cone here look at legal trimming jobs thru craigslist Humboldt or a hiring company like Dark staffing to fing a legal trimming job. Since weed got legal everything changed here. And not for the best..

yeah that sounds is more realtiy was now there happens ...

Thcvhunter

Veteran
Your friend is lying. I've lived here in Humboldt county since 1979. Trimmers used to make $200 per lb. But the market has collapsed. Growers only get $200-$700 a lb.now here. They aren't gonna pay someone half the price of the weed to trim it. No one should " just show up" here if you dont have a trimming job lined up in advance. The streets of Garberville and Willow Creek fill up with starving wanna be trimmers from all over the world here. Most have to go back to the cities of Eureka or Arcata to get food at homeless shelters. And there is the dark side here. Over 35 missing women and girls here in the last 10 years. Most were trimmers or working on grows. And random body oarts found in Humboldt bay or out on Hwy. 36. It's not all 'peace and love's here anymore. It's grows run by Bulgarian mafia and Mexican cartels...if you absolutely have to cone here look at legal trimming jobs thru craigslist Humboldt or a hiring company like Dark staffing to fing a legal trimming job. Since weed got legal everything changed here. And not for the best..

100%

This may be the last year of import trimmers.
The whole hippie trimmer scene is about to be extinct (though it really died with the introduction of meth and bikers back in the late 70’s).
Everyone is selling their neighbor out to be able to be legal, and those who stay in the black market are facing the biggest crackdown in history. With profit margins so low, its a lot cheaper to bury someone than pay them.

Concur on the don’t come moseying up to random farms now that the MMJ glory days are over. Again, I’d refer back to the body parts constanly found in the rivers.

Also, lets be honest that most all these farms spray toxic shit. Even the ones who say they don’t - theyve just learned the half-life and have those sprays timed just right to pass testing or just straight up pay off the lab to ensure that that x-million dollar harvest passes and can be sold on the market.
So be mindful that you’ll be handling toxic shit as a trimmer and wont be told about it.
There was a nun umpteen years ago who worked at a medical group. She helped trim the weed and ended up with nasty cancers from it.
There is No OSHA on these farms. Your health, or life, is not more valuable than the x-million dollar harvest.

Also, all these farms are owned or protected by internatal mafias.
Act accordingly - be humble, respectful, and silent.

It really is a double-edged sword.

White Beard

“Funny” how ‘legal’ changes things for the worse...then again, “the love of money” which “is the root of all evil” is the benchmark for everything in the USofA - pretty much at the core of every effing thing that has gone sour in this nation over the last 50 years.

Goodbye, “legal” pot - who the fuck needs this mess?

100%

This may be the last year of import trimmers.
The whole hippie trimmer scene is about to be extinct (though it really died with the introduction of meth and bikers back in the late 70’s).
Everyone is selling their neighbor out to be able to be legal, and those who stay in the black market are facing the biggest crackdown in history. With profit margins so low, its a lot cheaper to bury someone than pay them.

Also, lets be honest that most all these farms spray toxic shit. Even the ones who say they don’t - theyve just learned the half-life and have those sprays timed just right to pass testing or just straight up pay off the lab to ensure that that x-million dollar harvest passes and can be sold on the market.
So be mindful that you’ll be handling toxic shit as a trimmer and wont be told about it.
There was a nun umpteen years ago who worked at a medical group. She helped trim the weed and ended up with nasty cancers from it.
There is

Also, all these farms are owned or protected by internatal mafias.
Act accordingly - be humble, respectful, and silent.

It really is a double-edged sword.

Lol, what a bunch of nonsense, Including the biggest propaganda lie ofProp 64: that traditional organic farmers in in CA and Oregon spray outdoor with pesticides. We don’t need avid and eagle 20 outside why would we all use it? Our foreign trimmers will be back this fall.

madalasatori

Veteran
Interesting that you say about Bulgarian mafia, in U.K. the Albanian mafia seem to have taken over commercial production

Badfishy1

Lol, what a bunch of nonsense, Including the biggest propaganda lie ofProp 64: that traditional organic farmers in in CA and Oregon spray outdoor with pesticides. We don’t need avid and eagle 20 outside why would we all use it? Our foreign trimmers will be back this fall.

Instead of hiring foreign workers why don’t you go pick up a few street shitters and feed your local economy

10 years ago, all of my unemployed and under-employed friends came out to trim in the fall. It was a wild harvest celebration!

5 years ago they couldn’t be bothered to trim for a living even if they were still unemployed. For the last 5 years we’ve had the same 5 foreign trimmers. They are a pleasure to have around and trim happily for three months and then travel the world for 9 months.

I’m currently trying to employ local trimmers but , if you can find someone willing, they take a bin home and trim a pound a week as it dries out then tell you it’s too dry to trim...

Thcvhunter

Veteran
Instead of hiring foreign workers why don’t you go pick up a few street shitters and feed your local economy

Because the locals often are part of an organized criminal network.

If you have t lived on the West Coast for at least a year, you would’nt be aware of the vast Tweeker network.
Basically, most all the methheads are part of an organized group. They even work for the cops (if you kill a tweeker trying to case your place, the cops will be on you like you wont believe).

So in short, hire locals - you get ripped off.
Hire foreigners who are basically trapped and have no network and you dont get ripped off

Thcvhunter

Veteran

I get it.
Maybe you and a handful of other farms dont spray poison.
But the majoruty sure do. Even the ones that say they dont.
I know a “clean” farm who “somehow” failed the test for Eagle20 and has to process all their material into oil, losing about 60% along the way, but now their oil that fills many of those cartriges people vape.

Im not bullshitting. Sorry if it hurts anyone’s brand by me being honest.

prune

Veteran
I don't doubt you believe what you post, what I doubt is it having any basis in fact...
Come down off the mountain man, you're cooked!

Badfishy1

Because the locals often are part of an organized criminal network.

If you have t lived on the West Coast for at least a year, you would’nt be aware of the vast Tweeker network.
Basically, most all the methheads are part of an organized group. They even work for the cops (if you kill a tweeker trying to case your place, the cops will be on you like you wont believe).

So in short, hire locals - you get ripped off.
Hire foreigners who are basically trapped and have no network and you dont get ripped off

Makes sense. Pretty amazing how the scum seem to survive

Thcvhunter

Veteran
I don't doubt you believe what you post, what I doubt is it having any basis in fact...
Come down off the mountain man, you're cooked!

Funny.

Ive been off the Mountain for 4 months.

And I just talked to a farm in Humboldt who is processing their Eagle-20 harvest into vape catridges so he can sell his harvest legally.
And a bunch of Eagle-20 flower got sold to the Mid-West through brokers.

Those are the facts.
Come on up to the mountain and actually learn something.

Thcvhunter

Veteran
The quickest way to make enemies is to tell the truth.

Ive watched farm/business owners work with testing labs to determine which numbers will be resulted.
X-$ for 30% thc
X-$ for clean results (no Eagle-20)
Etc.

R

Rab.C

My cousin is in french camp cali and says they can trim weed for $25 an hour.
sounds good too me

they did say there is parts in hills were people go missing all the time

CrushnYuba

Guys.. None of this is true. Its all sensationalism or conspiracy theory.

1. I have never met a bulgarian. There definitely isn't a considerable amount off grows being run by bulgarian mafia. There are mexican grows but they aren't usually cartel like everyone thinks. They only hire mexican migrant workers that are happy working cheap.

2. Tweaker mafia backed by the police? Are you guys really hearing this shit? I don't have any tweaker friends or interactions. Yes there are tweakers on the west coast. They are very separate from the grow and hippy communities .. Most trimmers are just travelers. Trim season is only 3 months, so trimmers are unemployed for 9 months. Most of them trim for 3 months and travel India or thailand for 9. The locals all have jobs so they do a little trimming part time for extra cash but they can't really trim that much. It's just a job suitable for hippy backpackers.

3. Yes body parts have been found in the past. Norcal used to be pretty lawless but it doesn't look like that to me anymore. I don't know anyone that has gone missing. I can't really think of anything on the news. I'm sure murderers from cities come here to dump bodies. You can't dump bodies in the city. Tresspassing anywhere rural isn't safe. Ganja has made my neighborhood much more safe. A ganja farmer is much less likely to put a bullet in you then the redneck tweakers that used to live here. The stories i used to hear about my neighborhood are down right unbelievable. Just think about what kind of pig fucker would want to live in the woods with no electricity, phone, or internet. No access to schools or jobs. Ganja made it so the hills no longer have eyes. The land actually is worth money, and those rednecks have all sold their land to ganja farmers. It isn't the wild West anymore.

4. I have never heard of anyone making extract from tainted flower. Its the opposite. Material for extract needs to be extra clean. I have seen material pass testing, but when it's concentrated 20x it does not. You can't make clean extract out of even the most barely tainted stuff. I have never heard of anyone paying off testing.

Last edited:

Thcvhunter

Veteran
Guys.. None of this is true. Its all sensationalism or conspiracy theory.

1. I have never met a bulgarian. There definitely isn't a considerable amount off grows being run by bulgarian mafia. There are mexican grows but they aren't usually cartel like everyone thinks. They only hire mexican migrant workers that are happy working cheap.

2. Tweaker mafia backed by the police? Are you guys really hearing this shit? I don't have any tweaker friends or interactions. Yes there are tweakers on the west coast. They are very separate from the grow and hippy communities .. Most trimmers are just travelers. Trim season is only 3 months, so trimmers are unemployed for 9 months. Most of them trim for 3 months and travel India or thailand for 9. The locals all have jobs so they do a little trimming part time for extra cash but they can't really trim that much. It's just a job suitable for hippy backpackers.

3. Yes body parts have been found in the past. Norcal used to be pretty lawless but it doesn't look like that to me anymore. I don't know anyone that has gone missing. I can't really think of anything on the news. I'm sure murderers from cities come here to dump bodies. You can't dump bodies in the city. Tresspassing anywhere rural isn't safe. Ganja has made my neighborhood much more safe. A ganja farmer is much less likely to put a bullet in you then the redneck tweakers that used to live here. The stories i used to hear about my neighborhood are down right unbelievable. Just think about what kind of pig fucker would want to live in the woods with no electricity, phone, or internet. No access to schools or jobs. Ganja made it so the hills no longer have eyes. The land actually is worth money, and those rednecks have all sold their land to ganja farmers. It isn't the wild West anymore.

4. I have never heard of anyone making extract from tainted flower. Its the opposite. Material for extract needs to be extra clean. I have seen material pass testing, but when it's concentrated 20x it does not. You can't make clean extract out of even the most barely tainted stuff. I have never heard of anyone paying off testing.

Stop taking it personally
Im not talking about your farm, we are talking about the majority of other farms.

Who’s gonna be exposed to more:
You - always working hard on your own farm and only going to town when absolutely needed and having limited interaction with other farms
Or
Me- who consulted a few other farms, done breedig with a number if farms, and knows a guy who was hired to take out some foreign elements after some trimmer girls were kidnapped so the farms had to pay that organization money to operate safely?

right

Man I just hich hiked through Humboldt this last season, Frenchmen everywhere .hanging out in front of all the shops in Willow Creek.i was back East for. A While .Seames like I remember it being all hippy kids rainbow family trimming before .

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts