What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

PGE nightmare

inreplyavalon

breathe deep
Veteran
I heard this too from a friend. technically all companies are supposed to make you fill out a tax for if you spend more than 2k at a time or 10K over a one year period in CASH. Is it not possible to put this money into a bank first, and then cut a check or auto transfer to pge?

What are the facts folks? Has anyone gotten in trouble for a large bill or just been told they need to fill out a tax form? Banks are supposed to make you fill out a tax form if you deposit more than 2k at a time. When i bought a truck and put down 10k in cash on it they made me fill one out. It seems like a big leap to go from needing to fill out a tax form to pge is flagging all large grows?

inreplyavalon

breathe deep
Veteran
This is sort of a big deal.

Has anyone heard of county cannabis compliance using the size of a power bill to shut down a sizable indoor op?

I was told today this is happening in sacramento already.

Anyone? anyone still running 20+ lights on PG&E?

R3ZNH3AD

MIB in SF used PgE to harass, threaten, force shut down!! I live in SF, I wonder?? Knew there had to be others.. The last year MIB used heli to dump stuff on my house, it killed all the outside garden & house plant's. This is a multi pronged attack, be ready!!
The War is still ON!!

P-NUT

Veteran
Shit like this should be what kick-starts the move to local community owned and private grids. Plus trumpers need to get their boy to fix this is bullshit. I'm sure he'd be sympathetic. The laws on 10k where written when 10k was a lot of money. Inflation has fucked us. The mandatory reporting laws should be deemed unconstitutional. I wish someone would take that fight to the supreme Court.

SolarLogos

... it may be free but, solar is not cheap, in this application.
Solar is a lot cheaper than it used to be. I went solar in spring. My indoor grow runs at night, fans, 2 inline fans, LED is supposed to be 3300 watts output and my total electrical usage at night is only 1.2 kwh per hour for everything. In a 24 hour period, I still put 11-15 kwh back onto the grid each day. I looked into financing solar but just bought them, however, even with financing, my payment would have been $80/month less than my average PG&E bill for only 10 years, then they would have been paid for (our average bill was $290/month). And, I overbought solar, according to the building inspector, who whistled in amazement at how much solar I had purchased. I personally think solar was the best move I made. So glad I got off of PG&E. Now I can run what I want, within reason of course.

Peace, God bless

Drewsif

Shit like this should be what kick-starts the move to local community owned and private grids. Plus trumpers need to get their boy to fix this is bullshit. I'm sure he'd be sympathetic. The laws on 10k where written when 10k was a lot of money. Inflation has fucked us. The mandatory reporting laws should be deemed unconstitutional. I wish someone would take that fight to the supreme Court.

Its been 7500 for a while now. Stop blaming everything else, its a group of peoples intent to fuck us, intentionally, not by stupidity or neglect. A certain group of people with plenty of agents in the scene.

SolarLogos

Solar is a lot cheaper than it used to be. I went solar in spring. My indoor grow runs at night, fans, 2 inline fans, LED is supposed to be 3300 watts output and my total electrical usage at night is only 1.2 kwh per hour for everything. In a 24 hour period, I still put 11-15 kwh back onto the grid each day. I looked into financing solar but just bought them, however, even with financing, my payment would have been $80/month less than my average PG&E bill for only 10 years, then they would have been paid for (our average bill was $290/month). And, I overbought solar, according to the building inspector, who whistled in amazement at how much solar I had purchased. I personally think solar was the best move I made. So glad I got off of PG&E. Now I can run what I want, within reason of course.

Peace, God bless
I should mention, I keep my power usage within reason, because PG&E can still see how much power I use per hour, day, etc. whether it comes from solar or the grid. I can log on as well and see. Someone is always watching, so replacing a $2500+ PG&E bill with solar may still alert someone to a large grow, if your usage is being monitored. Just my 2 cents.
Peace, God bless

nickman

Veteran
Wow, I don’t live on that side of the country but that’s some messed up shit.....

The big boys want it ALL for themselves...!!!...

h.h.

Veteran
Mendocino County is where the solar movement begin. Started by the potheads. To grow pot.
Keep up tradition.

Lazyman

Overkill is under-rated.
Veteran
I have a couple large residential grows, one pulls 28KW max and one pulls 49KW max. No longer pay bill in cash, i was warned by other grower buddies ahead of time. Now I just put it in the bank and pay from there.

The banking regulations should be familiar to anyone handling cash.

KYC (Know your customer)
AML (Anti-Money Laundering)
SAR (Suspicious Activity Report)
CTR (Currency Transaction Report)

A CTR is mandatory for ANY business acception more than 10K in cash per year per customer. $9999 is fine. These go to the IRS, but they get lots of them daily. Few are investigated.

A SAR is optional for a teller to file on transactions exceeding $3500 per transaction (The IRS gets these too, but TONS of them a day. Almost none are investigated. Examples would be your money smells like weed, you appear nervous and high, etc.

Banks have to follow federal KYC and AML rules to prevent money laundering. Doing stuff out of the ordinary can trigger reports. Google Smurfing to see what banks are looking for.

I have friends that work for PGE, I'll see if theyre cooking anything up

Lazyman

Overkill is under-rated.
Veteran
Yeah my boy at PGE says he "...hasnt heard anything about chasing large power users, they have a lot on their plate and theyre under a microscope right now, so they probably dont have the bandwidth to take on a big initiative like that anyway."

Slim Pickens

Veteran
I don't live in the area,but have friends who do.The recent announcement that planned power outages will be continuing for the next 10 years would give me chills.It sure seems like folks should be flocking to solar and Led's based on the alternatives.

If I were growing indoors for profit,I sure would be nervous about selling the excess solar back to the power company.Keeping your head down means that you don't advertise.Know what I mean? On the otherhand,I expect there will be rebates and financial assistance for people in the affected areas to go solar.

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
Grid tie solar isn't the answer

Grid tie solar isn't the answer

Out in Cali there is a house with a Sunrun solar power system on the roof. The system was leased, no money down. Sunrun owns the system and the house has lost a ton of value as a result. About $45K because of a $20K system

Best part is when the grid goes dark, the house still has no power UNLESS there is also a battery system with the solar system.

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
Think futures.
Cannabis can be grown in the sun, and shipped in, without spoiling. It's not a fresh micro-green that needs to go from growing to consumption in a day. It has no place being grown indoors under lights. Only it's legal status has caused us to grow indoors. So if you want to keep working the black market, get out of Dodge. The real world situation is that cannabis could be fixing atmospheric problems, while growing on land that's not a lot of good for other crops. Instead of keeping the power station busy, taking the power of half a street.

Columbia is where your green will be coming from in the states. It has the climate, the cheap workforce, otherwise spoilt land and the U.S government wants them doing something other than cocaine. Gaining some leverage over the columbian government by being a consumer of columbian products.

How could it be better to have people growing it indoors under lights. That only profits the grower during their fleeting lifetime. The planet, and thus the growers own dna will suffer in the long run. It is suicidal to grow indoors when it can be done outside.

Move to cali and grow outdoors. The 'merican is best' attitude will always sell some orange grove weed. Even after production has moved to cheaper countries. Countries still needing some 'development' before we could be safe there

I don't want legalisation in my country. If it happens, I'm using the sun though, no doubt.

Latest posts

Latest posts