What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

MountainBudz Underground Lair

MountainBudz

⛽🦨 Kinebud and Heirloom Preservationist! 🦨 ⛽
Howdy*Folks!

I have been posting for a couple of weeks over on the Grow Room Design and equipment thread. If you would like to see where I started please check out this link -->>
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=346874

Now, on with the basics and introduction...

Basically the op itself is still under*construction, however, I have decided to go ahead and move my progress from the setup thread to a journal, as the*grow will be under way hopefully by this coming*Monday...

Now let's go over the basic history*and setup of the operation.

I will be running this grow underground in a large storm cellar that was built*back in the*mid to late 90's by a man whom ran*a*concrete business, on a new property I have purchased recently. So this tells me*that the structure itself is made very well and is*going to hold up for a while. I have had a*zero turn mower and a terramite "small*backhoe" on the top of the cellar so*we know it isn't going to cave in...

I have put 3 layers of flat white drylok*masonry paint on the walls and filled*in any cracks I had found in the process with*masonry crack sealer which there were very very few small cracks here and there.

I then built a studded wall structure out*of*2x4s. The cellar itself measures 18ft*long, 8ft wide and 6ft 3 inches tall. So I went*ahead and enclosed a 6ft by 18 foot*room and left a small walkway/lung room on the outside of the grow room.

I insulated the inside of the room with 3/4 inch reflective rigid foam insulation,*reflective side turned towards the grow*room. This material seems very reflective.. The outside studs for the wall in the*lungroom/walkway are also insulated and sealed so this room will be insulated*extremely well. Sealed all cracks and*crevices with spray foam sealer.

I also went ahead and split the center of*the room with studs and foundation support just in case I ever wanna split the rooms*into two, all I have to do is throw on some foam board insulation and it will become two 8x6 rooms... Easy does It!

That is most of the basics for the structure. Oh, And I do have dirt floors that will be lined with plastic and heavy duty tarps over it. I believe this will work just fine because*you seem them do the same thing beneath*homes in crawl spaces, they lay thick plastic to create a vapor barrier.

Now for the electric..

The room is setup with a 100 amp panel*currently and is fed in with 2246 aluminum wire, enough to power an entire home. I will only be running 4 1000 watt lights for now on 240v from a titan Helios 7 controller, but in the future I plane on upgrading to*6000 watts total and also digging out the room deeper and adding a concrete floor to help with height and moisture issues. Honestly before I ever done anything period to*this*cellar I never seen a leak except from around the window which will be sealed.*No moisture has ever been seen either*on the walls or celing.

I will have a 70 pint dehumidifier, 6 inch*insulated duct, 2 blockbuster hoods,*2 dominator xxxl hoods, one carbon filter, a*can fan pro 450cfm inline fan (have*an even stronger one for backup if needed (*connected to a thermostatically controlled outlet, a space heater to heat the room during lights off and a few oscillating fans.

I will be running promix bx, either 3 or 5 gallon grow bags and likely a scrog system as well. It will be my first time ever doing scrog so I will have to get that dialed in.

Basically I feel I am off to a good start.*There may be a few changes that I will make here and there but for now I believe I*am*ready for take off.

This is not my "first grow", I have at least 20 indoor under my belt and 15 plus years*experience outdoors. This is however my first run in the cellar, in a larger grow*area*where I am used to running two 5x5 tents. This will in a way be new to me and I*am extremely excited to see how it all works*out!

I had obtained around 32 cuttings back in*October that have been vegging since they rooted so my first go I am going to just throw them from the solo cups and tote they are in now into 3 gallon grow bags and veg them out for 2 weeks or less before flipping to 12/12. Now I do have a veg room*in a separate location but it is getting some*construction done now as well and I*need to make sure the spider mite infestation is*gone from when I shut it down back*in late August.

I will be running the following clones...

Headbanger #4
GG #4
413 Chem
Chem 91
And finally, StarDawg "Corey cut"

This is where I started in the beginning...

downloadfile.jpg

This is where we are today folks :woohoo:... I have come a long way with this project, a little bit of progress at a time because funds are sparse.

downloadfile.jpg

Screenshot_20171215-073233.jpg

Screenshot_20171215-073242.jpg

Screenshot_20171215-073249.jpg

Screenshot_20171215-081318.jpg

MountainBudz

Sorry for the delay guys. I also have this diary/journal posted on another forum so I am just gonna copy and paste my progress from there to here and hopefully get caught up. Things have come a long way :D...

MountainBudz

Sunday at 4:35 PM

Well here is a little update... Progress is coming along fine so far. Just got my 120 outlets wired up lastnight and my 240c Titan Controller wired as well. Now I need to finish the floor and get my main entry door build and put on, order my nutrients and a few other things and I'll have this grow rollin'!!!

I had really planned on having it going by tomorrow but looks like it isn' gonna happen. However it WILL be finished this week. Once I get floors installed tonight I will take some new photos to throw up if the progress.

Had a heart to heart talk with the girls earlier and they are ready to show me what they got... Said they would not let me down and I trust them haha...

MountainBudz

Tuesday...

So the room has progressed very much more so since posting the last update.

I had planned on getting it all done by Monday which I would estimate that I have around 95% finished for now. But the good news is, the girls finally come out of that little ass tote and squatted themselves beneath some T5's!

Finally, we are on our way somewhere!

As of now they are still in the solo cups and clear plastic party cups that I rooted them in unfortunately...

However, tomorrow/today (tomorrow to me because I have not been to bed yet haha), they are finally getting transplanted to one or 2 gallon bags into promix and a dose of veg nutes and something to tickle and stimulate those roots. Yes, they do look a little ruff but hey they have been crowded in a small tote since October just dying to get more root space and a beautiful home to dwell in!

I am planning on a week and a half or maybe 2 week veg before flipping and taking cuts off the lowers to continue my milf's. I still have not decided to run them in 3 or 5 gallon bags during flower. I'm really feeling 5 but then again I'm seeing 3 work better as well.

Now for the room, I laid 8 mil plastic down on the floor and sealed the plastic to the walls. This is the same method they use beneath homes these days called a "vapor or moisture barrier". Then on top of that I put heavy duty tarps and sealed those down as well. Beneath the white plastic you will see in my photos lies a heat blanket I purchased for 19 bucks from Wal-Mart. I am gonna test her out and see how she works on increasing rapid root growth vs no warmth. The blanket heats very well and has 3 settings to control the heat.

Probably go ahead and hook my dehumidifier up tomorrow as well as I noticed sweat a couple nights ago on the ceiling "the side that I did not paint with drylok" of course.. But that particular night was extremely cold and it happened when the heater was turned on while I was working. So I know dehumidifier is going to be a must. May still possibly insulate the ceilings eventually but I believe a 70 pint dehu to drain would work out very well.

Stay tuned folks!

Screenshot_2017-12-20-06-11-58.jpg

Screenshot_2017-12-20-06-11-08.jpg

Screenshot_2017-12-20-06-11-15.jpg

Screenshot_2017-12-20-06-11-53.jpg

Screenshot_2017-12-20-06-11-04.jpg

MountainBudz

Yesterday...

I hope to get the veg room sorted out soon so I can start popping those beans and begin my pheno hunt. I am going to set off three foggers in the room over a period of two weeks to make sure I wipe out any mite or other bitch ass insect that exists, for that matter. Outside area of veg room is infested with brown recluses as well so I hope they all fuckin die! Lol, excuse my language.

Then I will likely run a couple hot shot no pest strips as well and then finally spray the room down with 90% isopropyl alcohol. And then, my friend... In that moment, the hunt shall begin.

MountainBudz

Well I thought that I had a new package of some grow bags on hand for the short vegetative process they will be going through.

But little had I known, I used them begging this past guerilla grow over the summer. So, being near the veg room, I am giving them a good soakingwith a mixture of hot water and bleach for about 30 minutes. Then rinsing, then off to the lab we will go to start transplanting!

Ahhh boy am I excited!

MountainBudz

Another update for yall :D!!

Started early AM doing transplants, finally got them done. Ran out of one gallon bags and had to cut some 3 gals down to around 2 or 1.5 gallon, oh well... It will work the same.

Got the dehumidifier plugged up and to my surprise the humidity in this room was only 65%! Wow, figured it would be super high. A 70 pint dehuy is a very large dehumidifier for this size of space. So hopefully it would be more efficient than a smaller one. Turned her on high and literally the humidity dropped from 65% to 50% in less than 8 minutes. So honestly I do not think humidity will be as big of an issue for me as people previously claimed in my construction threads. At least not with this bad ass dehumidifier... :)

I am one less plant down too sadly, dropped a head banger and it banged its head alright, snapped the poor girl in half... Fortunately I have around 8 or 9 more HB #5's so thank God for that.

Also pimped out my Titan Controls Helios 7 haha.. It is now legit.

Gettin' r done son!

Screenshot_2017-12-21-10-28-40.jpg

Screenshot_2017-12-21-10-28-49.jpg

Screenshot_2017-12-21-10-28-54.jpg

Screenshot_2017-12-21-10-29-06.jpg

Screenshot_2017-12-21-10-29-10.jpg

Screenshot_2017-12-21-10-29-29.jpg

:dance013:

MountainBudz

Long time, no update!

Long time, no update!

Howdy everyone!

I am back with a new update on this grow. It has been a few weeks since I have updated.

There have been a few good change and a new addition to the girls. I have popped a few seeds to run along with the clones.

I have from Green Point Seeds:
6 Night Riders ( i95 x Stardawg )
6 Jelly Pie (Grape Stomper x Stardawg)
4 Purple Outlaw (Gorilla Grape Gush x Stardawg)
4 Full Moon Fever (Durban Poison Clone x Stardawg)

Then just for the hell of it, I popped two fems as well... FMS Blueberry Cheesecake and BF Pineapple Chunk.

I plan on vegging the clones for another week and half or so before I flip. They also got super cropped about 6 days before they were transplanted from the 1 and 2 gallon bags to the current 5 gallon bags. That will be their final home. They will be flowered in those. And I transplanted so believe it was 4 days ago.

I did have a set back around 3 and a half weeks ago that slowed me way down in veg. I had an outbreak of spider mites and placed a Hot Shot No Pest strip inside of the room. Within 2 days, those mites were completely gone and wiped out. Left the strip in their for I days and then removed it and have it on backup in case I need it again. Also was having trouble under watering as I have a huge fear of over watering. I had struggled in the past with over watering issues long ago and since so have been paranoid as hell. Once I done a transplant the other day, right after they grew almost more since that heavy feeding/watering than they ever have.

I finally have all of the needed equipment for this grow. 2 brand new block buster hoods and I already had the other two, insulated duct, dehumidifier, heater, hortilux 1000 watt bulbs x4, new filter and inline fan, temp controlled thermostats (love these things) and etc etc etc... Also went with Advanced Nutrients Sensi grow a&b base nutes and almost all of AN additives as well and will use that on one half of the grow the other half of plants I will use a cheaper nutrient line just to compare and see if maybe I can run something cheaper in the future. Thought about GH, canna, Green Leaf, Blue Planet, honestly in unsure on that right now.

The plants I am running from seed will be removed from the flowering room and put into my veg room once the clones are flipped. Veg room should be finished within 3 days or so. They will be getting a short veg period of 3 weeks or less and ran in 3 gallon bags in flower. I will then take cuttings to determine the best mother after harvest. Also going to be keeping the best looking male and for my first-time gonna be doing a little pollen chucking.

I was planning on doing this entire grow as a scrog. Alread purchased the scrog net and all of the supplies for it, but I am kinda unsure of how I am going to water/feed the plants located far into the back of the room. I thought about using PVC pipe but I am afraid it will cause uneven watering. So I think I am just gonna do the back half of plants using the scrog method and the front just use LST and basic training. That way I can at least get the feel for it and maybe compare yields as well... I love testing things and experimenting so this is probably what I'm gonna do on that part.

That is about it for now... I am going to try and update much more often than waiting almost an entire month for an update.

Here are a few pics of what's going on right now.

Hope everyone sticks around to watch the grow!

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

MountainBudz

I never transplant this early. But I have to be staying busy doing something when it comes to growing or marijuana, period... Or else I just don't feel right. I will likely go ahead soon and start some plants for this years guerilla grow and also start on plot preparation as well. If I start now I will for sure have some monsters. Last time I started them in feb, not one plant had under a lb and a half on it and this is guerilla style with no supplemental watering or much maintenance.

I usually leave then in those nursery containers for 2 weeks or maybe a little less. These are 6 days old I believe, but they told me they were ready. I just evenly moistened the soil with water and a mixture of Real Growers Recharge has tons of mycorrhizae, powdered molasses, fulvic/humic acids and amino acids <--- The best microbe supplement you can own, trust me on that. And then topped of with a couple ml of AN b52 and voodoo juice.

They are ready to roll... This is all of the Jelly Pie, Night Rider, Blueberry Cheesecake and Pineapple Chunk.

The Purple Outlaw and Full Moon Fever have a couple or three more days to catch up before being transplanted.

By the way, those seedling may have been 5 or 6 days old but the roots were very dense and robust. Already coming out the bottom of the tray and layered on the bottom.

picture.php

MountainBudz

Here are some new shots... Gave them all a good foiliar feeding yesterday early am with Earth Juice Sea Grow and it really seemed to help green them up a bit!

SKVA Chem' 91...

picture.php

Gg4...Chem' 91...413 Chem... Corey... Head Banger #5 all chillin after the last super crop before flip.

picture.php

Super Croppin'

picture.php

MountainBudz

Dialed in just right and loving the thromostaically controlled outlet for temperature control!

picture.php

picture.php

Flip is around the corner!!! Even though I have no audience here, definitely gonna be a beautiful show!

:tiphat:

MountainBudz

Is it possible that a mod can stop in and let me know how to change my signature? It is set as a link to my past grow log that from a long time ago and I would like to change it to this current grow linking to this thread?

When I go to edit the information it gives me an option to edit anything and every thing except for my signature.

Thank you!

Americangrower

Veteran
Is it possible that a mod can stop in and let me know how to change my signature? It is set as a link to my past grow log that from a long time ago and I would like to change it to this current grow linking to this thread?

When I go to edit the information it gives me an option to edit anything and every thing except for my signature.

Thank you!

Click my IC, on left hand side under Settings & Options the second choice is Edit Signature.

kaneboy

Nice setup mountainbudz.
Lots of good looking strains there,looking foward to the greenpoint bunch .☺

just seen the thread, and im sub'd. things looking good. :tiphat:

".....[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]But I have to be staying busy doing something when it comes to growing or marijuana, period... Or else I just don't feel right."

Im with ya on that m8. :tiphat:

I cant see pics on last few posts, but really looking forward to seeing the
[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]SKVA Chem' 91. I remember reading a lot about chem years ago, and always wanted to see a grow of it. Silly Q, what does SKVA stand for?

Your room is looking sweet. Hats off to all your hard work, effort and always staying busy!:tiphat:
[/FONT]

Latest posts

Latest posts