What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Which one has the metallic tang?

PoweredByLove

Most Loved
hey, sup dudes. i guess this is the right forum. Anyway where i'm from...not the west coast...we get who the fuck knows what with whatever hot name is hot at the mo slapped on it. but anyways back near the early part of the century i used to get a lot of people telling me we are smoking "kush" and it always had the same smell. i can still smell it in a crowd. but i also remember the taste being similar to the smell. had a tangy metallic taste to it like...imagine tasting electricity? that doesn't make sense...you ever smell an arcing ....yes actually... that's it. it smelled/tasted like arc welding.

long rant short...which cut of "Kush" would have that metallic smell/taste in it?

i haven't smelled/tasted it in a long ass time. so i'm guessing that it's an old or unique cut of kush. but anyone know which cut of the OGK i should be looking for that has that classic kush taste and smell with the metallic twang like arc welding?

thanks in advance.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
That aroma given off by welding is Ozone (O3).

Maybe look into Tahoe OG or Alien crosses.
These are 2 places you will definitely get the classic kush flavors with a twist.
The plants I grew definitely had a twist toward metallic but I'm not sure where it came from.

Also...
Good to see ya posting PBL.
Hope the storms haven't left you in need.

JetLife175

Veteran
420giveaway
I know exactly what you’re speaking of. I call it a alkaline/metal/9v battery on the tongue type of taste. I’ve seen it in a lot of OG s1 seed. I can’t point you as to where to get that seed as I make my own s1s.

Soul Assassin is ringing a bell when it comes to the metallic notes on the OG cuts floating around.

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
Alot of them have a metal tang when not flushed...
Which would lead me to believe they're looking for a specific pheno/strain? One which absorbs more of the tang element than the other cuts. You should be able to balance out the nute profile so there isn't excess of this element. It would lose the tang. ;)

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
I'm with stoney.. not flushed when running hig, 1200 ppms for the grow an do not flush before harvest.. i think i remember it to be high nitrogen..
The fact he is not west coast makes me think shipped cali weed... metallic taste makes me think of shark fin soup... ... I'd bet that it was Asian warehouse packs that make there way from cali all over the country... going by the way he posted... bet the buds were rock hard to... what did it look like??? anything like this
picture.php
picture.php

PoweredByLove

Most Loved
i really couldn't tell you what it looked like this was like a decade ago. but no one seems to have this weed any more, i can smell that "kush is my cologne" smell from time to time in the air. but i think most people in the street have moved on to other strains or mostly about that sour. like 80% of what i find on the street is some kinda sour strain.

M

maliali

maybe you smoke ogre kush not OG kush, ogre is sensi star it has that metallic thang to it. lemony kushy ....

PoweredByLove

Most Loved
i remembered something. i was at a party long time ago and a guy was smoking something that smelled similar he said it was masters kush. might be related to what im looking for.

MrBungle

I've got a strain hunters Money Maker (RIP Franco) that I've been growing for awhile now... I just harvested it yesterday, it a loud loud strain.. I think its a Master Kush cross...its been a little while since I smoked it, but I think it might have some of that metallic in it... sometimes I get that cherry car wax type smell from it too..very intoxicating

DerpNerpem

SoCal Master sounds like a closer candidate than the OG around at that time. OG at that time was unadulterated lemon pinesol funk