What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Louis XIII OG

bestothebest

Hello all. I had some of this flower, and it is the best og I have ever had. Anyone know where this cut exists? seems like one of the rarest og cuts. I know it is very hard to root. Any other info is also wanted.

It’s most popular in the Los Angeles area of Southern California. I know it was tightly held for some time. Recently on an interview with Kevin jodrey of wonderland nursery in nor cal he said he had received the cut and may be releasing it. He said it comes from an Armenian Crew in Southern California and hasn’t gotten out much.

Forgot to mention that the Louis XIII is supposed to be an OG mixed with some skunk genetics which is how it differs from other OGs. I got this from the same interview as mentioned before but they didn’t go into any more specifics.

Been trying to track down the video all afternoon. If you go on YouTube and search Soil king a day in the life Kevin jodrey the part about the Louis XIII will be right st the 10 minute mark.

OakyJoe

OGJoe / Wiener und kein Allemann
Veteran
So the Cut itself is called "King Louis XIII" while CC & Apothecary crossed it with OGs and doing the "Louis XIII OG" name tag, not to be confused that the King Louis XIII is also an OG cut itself...

anymore infos about that skunk mixup on the King Louis XIII?

Oliver Pantsoff

Veteran
Ran it for about a year or so back in 2015. Rock hard nugs with amazing smell and taste. It was all over the club scene in norcal a few years ago. I dont know about now. Do some diggin and you'll find it. Cheers

OP

So the Cut itself is called "King Louis XIII" while CC & Apothecary crossed it with OGs and doing the "Louis XIII OG" name tag, not to be confused that the King Louis XIII is also an OG cut itself...

anymore infos about that skunk mixup on the King Louis XIII?

Wish I had more info for you OkayJoe. I just remember Kevin Jodrey Said when they had it tested by Phylos that it showed it had a skunk proginator in the line. Unfortunately they didn’t go into any more detail than that :frown:

Booyah!

I tried a really good sample of King Louis last week. Before that I figured it was good but not great. This batch was definitely great with amazing flavors that progressed throughout the joint. Piney musky earthy with even hints of rose or some other indescribable high note flavor that only came out at the end of the joint.

Gry

Had a shop nearby that used to stock it as their featured cannabis.
20 an eighth for cannabis that was amazing.
Place should have been an incredible success.
Closed last year when California implemented legal changes.