What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Yuba County

TheOutlawTree

First, Shasta Co IS NOT free and easy. Code enforcement is still running hot and heavy, even into Nov and it's been that way for several years. You guys need to do some research. The 45 day emergency ban is the tool of the day for cities and towns to put a hold on things until...actually the 45 day, if need be can be extended for 2 years...

Look around...over 50 cities and towns have signed on for the 45 day ban...Each city will tell you they need time to consider the 64 but the truth is, they do the 45 day emergency ban cause everyone else is doing it...Kinda one of them -"ban em all and let God sort it out type things...Yea, that 64 thing was a good deal wasn't it...? Hosed again, stoopid Californians...

Note - There's usually a big difference between - What you hear and how it really is ...cc

The guy I know has several property's and not one of them has been visited once, not 10 years ago, not last 3 years. They are 99 plant grow's... not monster plants though. I certainly wouldnt want to move up there to grow though, have heard some bad stories.

So as far as big greenhouses go in a ban county- Can code enforcement only come onto property / leave notice if the greenhouse is NOT permitted? If the plants arent visible under the plastic, and GH's were actually permitted could the code fags, and sheriffs still be able to get onto property?

furrywall11

The system is supposedly "complaint driven" however, it's common knowledge that if you have a greenhouse on your property it's very possible that the sheriff/CE will mysteriously come up with a complaint. A 1500 square foot greenhouse next to a manufactured home on 10 acres is a pretty big flag. Once they leave notice requesting access for an inspection you have a period of time to respond before they show up, cut your chain and, serve you with a search warrant...at that time, depending on their mood, since they're already on site they could write you up for every code infraction on your property...spacing on your deck rails...use of extension cords...greenhouse built over your leech field...fence being over 8'...whatever. What boggles my mind is how do they decide who to mess with? I've seen guys with nice homes and just hoop houses get the full court press and guys, minutes away, with RVs, 60 plants and 2 1500sq ft ghouses just skate on by.

organic P

With so much uncertainty it seems like the only sure thing is Indoor these days. Thanks everyone for posting useful info.

furrywall11

From what I've gathered there has been a total flip flop in Calveras county partly due to a huge fire. In the last couple months the board voted 4-1 in favor of creating 1000 22k square foot outdoor commercial grow licenses. Application fee is 5k...sorry..all the licenses have been grabbed. Approval based on your property not having any code violations on it. Three million dollars was generated for the county in application fees alone. Hopefully, other counties will follow...!!!

anyone here anything about Yuba this year? Any changes? Got a letter mailed to me last week by code enforcement saying that they didn't make it out to my place last year but if they get a complaint then they will come out and bill me for any charges. Cant tell if its a blanket Email or what. Just wondering whats circulating in the rumor mill out there. I've heard a couple people say that they've heard the county wants to adopt a pay to play program and sell licenses

rampant florist

A friend in the Big Oak valley area had the Yuba sheriff come to his rented house last summer and say to him "you're living in my house" the sheriff had lost a bid war on buying the house and was irritated that my friend was renting the house and growing a number of clones and had 8 outdoor plants.

This year in January the sheriff's dept sent a letter to the owner of the property stating that there was 'activity' at the property and they would be re-visiting the property this year. Fact there is no activity at the property.

TriSierra

i got that letter at the end of the 2015 season Mr Chocolate. during the 2016 i got visited a few times by code with only letters and cards being left at the gate. i found it weird, for lack of a better word, that they would waste their time driving all the way out to my place (it ain't close or easy to get to) without legally being able to access it (e.g. inspection/abatement notice); i never responded to them and they never stepped foot on my property.

i don't see yuba going the permit/license route.

Onegreenthumb

I got shut down

I got shut down

So I meant to write this sooner. I got 3 notes on my gate in the fall of 2015 but I managed to get through the season unscathed with advice from Charnel. Then in the summer of 2016 I started getting notes on my gate again. This is in Oregon House btw. After my first harvest, I had 2 54x20 automated hoophouses, as per Charnel's advice, I invited code enforcement. My place was so clean that he asked if I ever grew cannibis there, lol. Well he told me to take down my hoophouses ASAP cause they were not permitted and I couldn't even grow flowers or veggies in them. So I did. And that was my season last year. I'm grateful I got one harvest, but bummed to loose out. I have friends and gardens I know of that pulled it off, just down the road or the next road. It seemed pretty unfair, since I cleaned up that dump of a property and made it really nice. I want to grow 12 outdoors this year if I can, what you guys think? I came away with no fines last year, even though it had a few unpermitted structures from back in the day. That's why I didn't want to fuck with them. Should I try to do a few outdoor? Anyone planning on outdoors this year?

F.A.C.T - Fear Aggravates Chaos & Trouble

Yuba County Foothills has a menacing supremacist, racist, misogynist, sociopathic, egomaniac on the loose!

Shockingly, what happened in Charlottesville, VA is being cooked up right here in our own backyard. That’s right, there’s a community troublemaker masquerading as a public savior, bullying church congregations, blighting local civic groups and falsely politicizing the recent Oregon House tragedy to create a vigilante, war-zone environment in our Foothills.

This senseless individual uses fear, hate, racism, bigotry, control and misinformation to benefit their own personal agenda. They present themselves as an angelic good-doer – Such hypocrisy! It’s common knowledge that this person’s family member has excessive Cannabis grows, on both private and on BLM land, and Cannabis is what the troublemaker so vehemently fights! It’s also a fact that this troublemaker creates problems in every organization or government entity they touch – from school boards to political organizations, from water districts to places of worship – This individual’s path of demonic destruction and chaos is wreaking irreparable havoc. With this track record it’s shocking that anyone would support anything this troublemaker preaches!

The community must apply common sense to condemn and squelch this troublemaker, their agenda, their lackey supervisor and their few blind supporters. If we don't, the damage they inflict will have a long-term affect on everyone – The fake perceptions they perpetuate will:
- Inflame community conflicts causing further tragedy
- Infect our community with war-like divisions, pitting neighbor against neighbor
- Increase media attention on problems instead of successes
- Imprint fear, anger and hatred in our children’s hearts and minds
- Drive off new residents
- Chase away prospective business ventures
- Scare tourists who will never return and will say nothing good
- Shrink local business revenues
- Reduce attendance to local civic events
- Affect our property values negatively
- Provoke tax increases to sustain the war-zone madness!

We don't need bullies! We don't need racists! We don't need a war-zone!
We don't need Loma Rica, Brown’s Valley, Rackerby, Bangor, Smartsville, Camptonville, Brownsville, Dobbins/Oregon House, Forbestown or Challenge becoming another Charlottesville!

Enough is enough!
Informed Citizen’s of Yuba County Foothills

Protest the Yuba County "State of Emergency"

9k=

Attachments

• Fletcher Flyer.jpg
    Fletcher Flyer.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 5

Call Fletcher and file a complaint - Protest their rally being held at State Capital, North Steps, on January 2, 1:30PM

Attachments

• Fletcher Flyer.jpg
    Fletcher Flyer.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 6

Latest posts

Latest posts