What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

OG Kush from Humboldt Seeds - Yes-No-Indifferent or maybe Heck Yeah ?!

StankyBeamer

Professional A$$hole
Kief sweat. That's the joker that bred that cherry bullshit from like ten seeds. My point exactly. If loompa associates with that, then I'm glad I ran a cut of his headband and not his seeds, and I just seriously lost respect for him for associating with a Spanish clone whoring s1 company. Just my $.02. Loompa's headband is fire though, if your lucky enough to have the cut. And how does paying a bunch of subcontractors to spray sts on a bunch of your clones qualify you as the best in the business of feminized seeds?

J_hoover

I bought a pack of HBSC og kush and the plants grew nice and healthy with high yields and smelled nothing like any type of OG kush and was sum mediocre PP skunk!! All i can say is the wooden packaging got me excited and thats why i thought it would be quallity... Oh well

dannykarey

HSO is a conglomerate of breeders who all contribute to a genetic library. We most certainly have American founders, who do have a personal relationship with Dinafem (only the best seed femenizing company there is). Go to any cup and look who's booth Loompa is at. Sometimes he has his own, but usually he is with HSO. Dr. Frost, Kief Sweat and vortex are all HSO team members as well.

IG: @bigredwa_canapa

.......I did not know that, thanx for the info man!! Danny

DoubleTripleOG

Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Thru much research, I'm pretty sure dinafem, HSO, emerald triangle seeds, all get their lots of their seed stock and or/strains to work with from California Breeders Association. Could be wrong. But all of my research has led me to this belief. Some of those companies change the names of certain x's, but the parent plants of several of those different x's all come from the same stock. Regardless of the companies. Go to their website and check for yourselves. I could be completely wrong as I said, but when you check them out, and then check those companies you'll see what I mean. Dinafem's OG kush is supposedly Emerald OG, just selected from regs and feminized.

BadRabbit

Just wondering if Humboldt Seeds' OG Kush is a good OG Kush.

Anybody have experience with them ?

I have a shopping cart full of CBD full seeds and got a little slack in the seed budget.

oh they suck dogs balls, as everyone here will tell you.

OTOH, I've only grown out their freebies and almost every one has been a good plant.

I bought a pack of HBSC og kush and the plants grew nice and healthy with high yields and smelled nothing like any type of OG kush and was sum mediocre PP skunk!! All i can say is the wooden packaging got me excited and thats why i thought it would be quallity... Oh well
Same here. A buddy ran their og and it sucked. Not one pheno resembled og, and they all smelled like white widow.

JointOperation

dinafem has decent genetics.. I have yet to be actually disappointed with there genetics.. since most I popped were freebies.. and came out better then a lot of shit ive bought.

relic1981

Veteran
mmm. im from humboldt and i get offended by people trying to maake money of our locale. either your in the 707 or not. (mad respect for my 707 mendo crew too) feminizing seeds is not what id call breedeing. i know countless real breeders here in humboldt making thousands of seeds a year from their outdoor grows, some going back 40 plus years. inbreeding outcrossing, linebreeding all from a large population has resulted in a large underground seed trad going on up here. that said most folks do grow from clone just because its more uniform but i know some folks who wil only use their own seeds and produce killer products of stuff that youve never heard of. lots of funny names but some dont even trouble themselves with that and just list the cross. this is how great strains like haze and almost every cali clone only. seeds from oldtimers or/and people who know what they are doing and take the time to create the best seed possible.

a good seed bank from up here (mendo actualy is aficionado seed co. they have some of the best seed lines and are 200 for 10 seeds. gotta pay to play but you are guranteed a special keeper. their chemdawg special reserve is probably the best chem/og on the market so go with that and you wont be dissapointed their black lime is also phenominal as is all their gear. luckily i have friends who have boughten lots of their seeds and was given some nice cuts. i stupidly didnt make clones. oh well i will have to harass him for some new ones. like i said go withthem and you will not regret it

relic1981

Veteran
and their packaging is super nice. you get a wax sealed glass vial with a signature card with a hand written number (batch number) certificate of authenticity and a beutiful black box. you will know you got the real deal

ganja rebel seeds is another decent company from around here. (i beleive,) they arent as good as aficianado but not bad at all and its 50 bucks for ten. they breed to f3's and further.

DoubleTripleOG

Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
@relic1981- Now you really sparked my curiosity. Can you list some of the x's that your friends are making? I'm a seed junkie from way back, and that post was like putting a bag just out of reach for a heroin junkie!!

Loompa

Just wanted to help clear things up. Yes, we have been working with hso. Yes, they are predominantly located in Europe. But every single one of them and the genetics they use are from Humboldt and California. They did make the move to focus on Europe because seeds are legal over there. Now you guys must recognize that the European market is different. The majority of seed sales in Europe due to climates and the local politics for growing, most people want feminized and/or auto flower.

As far as their genetics, all are from the original elite clones. I'm not involved with their breeding, that is their gig. But one way to protect your genetics from European hacks that steal everything is to produce feminized lines also. They don't release any of their breeding stock over there or else it will all get hacked.

Also note that they have done alot of work overseas trying to build markets in the EU which have different growing requirements and different weed laws. But alot of you out there might be very surprised to find out which OG they are using. I'm not going to call anyone out, but if you track timelines and track which OG showed up when and by who, it will blow alot of you away. So while opinions may vary, realize that your not seeing their breeding stock. And that's due to market pressures and them trying to keep these genes out of pirate hack European breeders hands. It's just a different market folks.

We have teamed up with them because it only makes sense. We are however different crews with different genetics and different breeding goals. On a business note, we are working together. We don't compete against each other because they have different markets they target vs what I target. And realize you guys, of course your to be picky, you have the option to be picky, but people in EU don't have that luxury. Colder and shorter growing seasons changes the whole game along with no mother rooms and no open clone trading. It's a whole different game. And if any of you are looking to lynch someone, I've got a few names, who exported our hazes and skunks from cali to EU in the first place. Who gave GHS their train wreck and chemdawg and blueberries? At least hso aren't selling their clones or breeding stock to EU hacks like many people on these same fucking boards that you are all apart of.

Whether we like it or not, this is the capitalization of cannabis era. And those individuals who want to survive have to play the corporate game or we are going too get steam rolled by big business. Alot of breeders are coming together these days in alliances so we can survive the end of days for mom and pop growers who pay rent, feed their children, and save for retirement off of small grows. So my question to you guys, what do you want to see?? Big business take over and all of us out of business or breeders aligning themselves to withstand big pharma , big tobacco and big industry who will put us all in the poor house.

StankyBeamer

Professional A$$hole
Bodhi seems to be doing just fine, I don't see him crossing the pond to make more money, he just does a phenomenal job and keeps us coming back. There's a place for everyone, and not getting rich isn't the same thing as not makin it. Even if pounds are only worth $1000 for indoor, I'll still make a fine living with 10kw running in the basement

Loompa

Funny you say that. Because the same breeders you are heralding are all trying to break into EU markets. I'd suggest you do some research and think before you talk. And no one is rich. Why do you think you are seeing admit of us working together? If we were all rich we wouldn't have to work with others. In my crew alone, we have folks trimming their own weed because they can't afford trimmers.

And I'd also suggest studying what happened with prohibition. How many small breeders/moonshiners survived prohibition? Your logic isn't quite accurate. But that's too be expected from this new generation of trust fund smokers and users who only have their right to smoke because of all those that came before them putting their lives, families and freedoms on the line. if that's something you can't understand, then to bad, it's reality.

StankyBeamer

Professional A$$hole
I'm not exactly a trust fund smoker, I've been a small grower for years. And just because the masses will be visiting rec shops doesn't mean my bottom line will be hurt, because all my customers have their cards and can go anywhere for their smoke, but choose to support me instead because I put in the work to find elite genetics and grow it to my own standards. My brother in law is from Denver, said my headband (which is supposedly your cut) was better than anything in any rec shop in Colorado, they're charging $7.50 a gram for shit weed, so I'm not worried

Last edited:
B

BAKED_BEANZ

some people in some countries aren't lucky enough to be able to just go purchase good clones or seed for that matter. so personally i,m happy too any company that is act providing decent genetics.

half the usa breeders, we can't get your shit .i,d pay a pretty penny for half a shot at half the gear you guys have access too.

its about NOT ripping people off. so loompa has satisfied my mind in my recent purchase. i,d like to put half you guys in a country with poor access to genetics see how good your weed is then. we rely on seed banks providing us with good genetics . there,s always 3 sides to any story.

anyway theres my rant. i love breeders from the states you guys are great (in fact thats the only genetics i try to get my hands on) . but i,m going with the best company that can produce me with the best strain i can get on mother earth. hsc not being that i realise. but i,m growing a few out to see if there any good.

no gg#4 over here guys .

Last edited:

HidingInTheHaze

Veteran
You ppl hung up on the OG's need to quit drinking the koolaid and realize there is a whole world of pot out there with many strains equally as good if not better in their own right.

I'm not exactly a trust fund smoker, I've been a small grower for years.

my customers have their cards and can go anywhere for their smoke, but choose to support me instead because I put in the work to find elite genetics and grow it to my own standards.

I continue to make a good living in a saturated market.

As far as having to trim your own crop, WHAAAAA cry me a river, I trim fifty pounds by myself every October. I do everything for myself from cloning to feeding to trimming

Look at this dude's work in his sigs. He's like on his second grow after his first failed. Nothing but a faker.
picture.php

StankyBeamer

Professional A$$hole
What's wrong with a clone being 18" tall in two weeks? And I've posted many pictures of buds I grew before these two grows, burnt your still just a pathetic troll