What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

TGA Genetics- Concerning Potency...

JetLife175

Veteran
Hey all,

Quick question. Why is it that TGAs gear just does not do it in the potency department for me and a lot of people I know? I've personally grown vortex, JTR, Jesus OG, time wreck and a couple others that allude me at the moment. The dude has his terpenes down. His flavors are amazing. Even the Jesus OG was lackluster at best. Its a complete shame because I really dig his gear. I always give it another shot but after this Jesus og run I might have to call it quits on TGA for good.

macamus33

I grew JTR many moons ago. The pheno I kept for about a year was very potent and had tremendous flavor and yield.. I have some other selections of TGA in my seed collection/have not tried any others yet. I have packets of "Pandoras Box", "Ace of Spades", and "Cheese Quake" that I have not tried. So many different strains and not enough time/space to grow them all. LOL. Maybe I will try later this summer and see whats what? I have also heard of growers disappointed with TGA potency.

JetLife175

Veteran
I grew JTR many moons ago. The pheno I kept for about a year was very potent and had tremendous flavor and yield.. I have some other selections of TGA in my seed collection/have not tried any others yet. I have packets of "Pandoras Box", "Ace of Spades", and "Cheese Quake" that I have not tried. So many different strains and not enough time/space to grow them all. LOL. Maybe I will try later this summer and see whats what? I have also heard of growers disappointed with TGA potency.

As my memories are coming back to me i remember being able to get an exceptional querkle during my stay in the southern states. Other than that, i havent many positive experiences with TGA genetics.

I almost feel like the guy breeds for bag appeal. I will say that his stable of breeding stock is not the norm of what the rest of the canna world uses, and i actually appreciate that. but on the bag appeal topic, I have on numerous occasions pulled out a jar of PRIMO looking TGA gear around my buddies, and they drool over it... Once we start smoking it, the mood always goes from "Wow" to "WTF" in no time flat. i can see using his stock as breeding material to acheive certain structures/terpene profiles, but other than that his gear is just not up to par.

budman678

I come from the land where the oceans freeze
Veteran
I am a huge fan of subcool and the TGA crew, that being said most phenos don't knock you out. You can find some good ones but ain't no body got time for that.

The flavors are insane and the plants all make excellent hash...but over the years, I've realized I'm simply a SD fan. Ain't no bones about it. I like the fuel and the racy. Just acquired the nightmare diesel and am drooling

Ink the interest of full disclosure, I miss rezdog. I miss his gear. I just cut down some od kksc x sd ibl and I must say, god DAMN that is some good herb

sith44

TGA GEAR IS SESSION WEED
TGA is all about the flavor......we ran AGnet Orange or something like that I think...and sure enough just as mentioned above..the most killerOrange/Citrus flavor with the longest Orange hairs you've ever seen....but then there's the high....it's very light/moderate...nothing that will blow you away.but then again that's what's nice about it.. It's weed you can smoke and smoke for hours...delicious in flavor and you can still keep your head on straight. It's : SESSION WEEEED......

Kcar

There are FOUR lights!
Veteran
His new strain 'Quantum Kush' tested at over 30% THC....
Grew out some 'Ripped Bubba' that is pretty damn potent and tasty.
But I know what your sayin....

wantaknow

ruger 500
Veteran
my kind of kind ,now don't get me wrong everybody needs a killer indy in the stable ,just because ,but I like mellow weed ,that is ok all day then I want to hit the ,nite meds for a fast deep sleep ,this is why I am running starlet kush ,the daybreaker is apinch hit smoke for me ,fred flintstone weed , a little dab will do ya ,

JetLife175

Veteran
whats the scoop on the quantum kush? and can you link me to where its stated that its tested that high? would love to see the analytics on that one....

His new strain 'Quantum Kush' tested at over 30% THC....
Grew out some 'Ripped Bubba' that is pretty damn potent and tasty.
But I know what your sayin....

justpassnthru

Veteran
His genetics are truly a blessing for disease.

I use his blueberry for medication and not entertainment; that is most likely, the biggest difference.

As said, I'll dab if I wanna get high. Right now, that is not my objective. jpt

resinryder

Rubbing my glands together
Veteran
Want some real insight, go ask subcool why the potency isn't there. Either he, jill, or both will be very happy to tell ya.

symbiote420

Veteran
I've grown plenty of Sub's gear but sadly none of it's stayed in my garden, just not potent enough! Personally I think after listening to Sub all these years that dude's more a flavor over potency type of guy. Weaker strains that taste good do serve a purpose, especially medicinally for the peeps that don't wanna get clobbered by the herb. To each his own I guess ...TGA has a monopoly around here, when I ask 6/10 peeps what they're growing I'm almost certain "TGA" will be in the response ...and it is lol

I've observed how when Sub's gear is crossed it usually makes some helluva hybrids!

budman678

I come from the land where the oceans freeze
Veteran
My dtrain is white domina x TGA qrazytrain. It's killer. I also have a dtrain x AOS and a dtrain x the flav. All very good

Subcools weed is some of the most unique in smell etc, but always lack on the potency end. he did say before that he breeds for flavour and smell which I can believe. I've always wondered if its worth crossing some of them to something more potent.

Latest posts

Latest posts