What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Great Beer Cup Challenge 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont know if this has been decided, but I really think maximum time should be 120 days with veg time of own choice. I want to do 12/12 from seed cause I only have one room and girls are already in there. But I would still love to j oin! :)

Maj.Cottonmouth

We are Farmers
Veteran
Can the roots stick out the side of the cup?

Now the rules of the game will be

1. From seed only. No autos.
2. 16 oz. beer cup. Color is of your choice but not to exceed 16 oz.
3. Indica or Sativa or a cross of your choice.
4. Roots cannot extend past the bottom of the cup.
5. 4 week veg time. 120 days to the T.
6. Any medium you feel comfortable with.
7. Everyone will post weekly pictures of their plants.
8. When the time limit is finished we will have a vote similar to the Bud of the month contest.

I believe the intent of rule 4 is that the roots must all be inside the cup.

paladin420

FACILITATOR
Veteran
I just ordered Ultra Sonja. If they get here before the 25th, count me in. Gotta get that cup measurement though??? I just had a puff and read this through again. I see all the plants in Post#18 and I wondered which one? I was thinking we picked our favorite plant after sexing and used it only for this thread
:tiphat: Go Primo Go !!!!!

420shooter

Now the rules of the game will be

1. From seed only. No autos.
2. 16 oz. beer cup. Color is of your choice but not to exceed 16 oz.
3. Indica or Sativa or a cross of your choice.
4. Roots cannot extend past the bottom of the cup.
5. 4 week veg time. 120 days to the T.
6. Any medium you feel comfortable with.
7. Everyone will post weekly pictures of their plants.
8. When the time limit is finished we will have a vote similar to the Bud of the month contest.

I believe the intent of rule 4 is that the roots must all be inside the cup.
Thats what I was thinking too but it doesn't say that. That could change the whole ballgame. I was thinking a DWC/Aerocloner type of setup.

G

guest121295

I'm in.I just finished a practice run with some cuts, so I'm warmed up.I just need to find the right seeds...this is my latest beer cup plant a grinderella @75 days flowering....
picture.php

primobud

I'm in.I just finished a practice run with some cuts, so I'm warmed up.I just need to find the right seeds...this is my latest beer cup plant a grinderella @75 days flowering....
Find the right seeds! You mean there's something out there CHACO can't make into "Primo Bud"? Luvin the new pics in your threads. I call my 12 Small Ones the "CHACO's".

AriesXX

I'm doing a small run from seed right now, and ended up with too many females, so I kept one in a beer cup, just to see what it would yield. I'll try to get something set up so I can participate in this too, sounds like fun :)

Seaweed24

O and I'm gonna go with Next Generations Dynamite and my hot pink camo cups are 18oz so I'll get back to you on the cup color haha

OPT

I also wonder a few other specifics about this....

On Sept. 25 can we plant seeds that have been germinated already, or do they have to germinate and grow directly in the 16 oz. cup from day one?

I've always had way better germ rates by cracking them in a paper towel first.

Do we HAVE TO veg for exactly 28 days then flower, or can we flower sooner as long as we dong exceed the 120 max allowed time?

Thanks,

OPT

can i play?

can i play?

this will be my first grow that isnt vegetable...small scale may be the best way to learn..i'm looking forward to learning from the Master growers on here.:tiphat:

OPT

If I decide to do this I will be doing some old Johnny Blaze seeds I've had for quite some time....should make for one hell of a root bound plant, lmao! But, i will have to germinate these first, they are too old to think they will be able to sprout without the help imo....

OPT

Canniwhatsis

High country cat herder
Veteran
I am assuming it is.

16.9 is tek 16,in the same way 4:29 is still 4:20.

organic cups,random genetics.

Really, IMHO unless all the growers involved are topping the cups off to the brim with soil, 1 or even 2 oz of soil won't make "That" much of a difference.

Everything I can find at the store is 18 or 20 oz according to labeling. Guess I'll have to measure how full that is.... If 18 oz is right to the brim, then a normal pour would be right about the 16 oz mark.

V; can we get a final judgment on the questionable size cups? 18 oz / .5L?

5 days till I drop a bean in a towel ;)

V

vonforne

I also wonder a few other specifics about this....

On Sept. 25 can we plant seeds that have been germinated already, or do they have to germinate and grow directly in the 16 oz. cup from day one?

I've always had way better germ rates by cracking them in a paper towel first.

Do we HAVE TO veg for exactly 28 days then flower, or can we flower sooner as long as we dong exceed the 120 max allowed time?

Thanks,

OPT

Start on the 25th IN the cup.

You cannot exceed the 120 day limit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts