What's new

KILL ALL BUGS IN 15 MINUTES.

darrmann

Releasing a full container of carbon dioxide into a sealed grow set-up will kill all mites and insects. But, don't be in the room while the CO2 is being released! It would be enough to KILL YOU! I have seen this technique of bringing the CO2 to 10,000 ppm for 15 minutes to kill all pests. You must vent out the CO2 before entering the room. Two applications, five days apart, will kill all mites, pests and their offspring.

bigwity

Veteran
ive tried this a couple of times and it does work but it aint full proof some hardcore bug survive so its best used alongside another method

MediRI88

I see it as a process since your emptying atlest half your tank in a day then halfing to go filll it and brin .... hot shots 2 days your won't see a thing well at lest moving lol

darrmann

ok just did some research on these hot shots and almost everything says not to use them past 3 weeks in flower or after buds form basically. Every one who uses it wipes there leaves off afterwords. so No thx if i had to decontaminate all my girls id be there for weeks. And dont think i want to ingest whatever chemical killed those bugs. Ill stay with my co2. thx for the info . but should put warnings with it for people who will just go get it and use it without getting the proper info or research on it.

MediRI88

Its fine there is no resien on the leaves or bud its a vapor that lingars in the room that's it and it such :gday:a low dose since it has to evaporate but if u got good air flow it shouldn't be a problem since the bulk of it suckd out ....but use what u want iv been using them showd good results just take out 1 week or 2 out befor u harvest to be safe but no smell no mess ....

It a simple fix and the co2 is close to 50 bucks to empty a tank to kill bugs this is 6 dollars no lifting a 65lb tank around town

smk2jnts

darrman you started another thread on the same topic even though you know this is misinformation? http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=186532 - the other thread was quickly and pretty thoroughly debunked by knowledgeable people that have tried this or understand the science behind it. as i posted in that thread, 10,000 ppms is hardly noticeable to most humans... when we get to 3% or higher concentrations (30,000ppm), then we might be in trouble.

here is some actual info to back this - http://www.inspectapedia.com/hazmat/CO2gashaz.htm

please stop spreading misinformation darrman. even if you have some anecdotal evidence to support your statements (which you have not shared in either thread), it is irresponsible of you to keep espousing innacurate info.

the gnome

Veteran
no pest strips release a gas, like co2.
it doesn't leave any type of residue.
Ive had mites twice and NPS worked like a charm.
dead mites everywhere, what a bootiful site to see

Greyskull

Twice as clear as heaven and twice as loud as reas
ICMag Donor
Veteran
wasnt it a co2 cloud that killed all those people and animals at lake nyos in 1986?
http://www.geology.sdsu.edu/how_volcanoes_work/Nyos.html

co2 bombs can/will kill bugs...
best used as an inbetween crop 'cleanser' in my opinion...
but it does work.
i know some folks havent had success with it... just like some folks cant get rid of mites with azamax or sm90 or neem or predator bugs
my mentor was using a propane fueled co2 generator....

i think its crazy what works like a charm for some doesnt work for dick for another...

Kalicokitty

The cat that loves cannabis
Veteran
Ok, how about this, the guy at my local grow shop is saying if you unhook a "Big Blue" ozone generator from your exhaust, and instead vent it into your room for a day or so it will kill everything.(bugs)
Any truth to this in peoples opinions?

darrmann

darrman you started another thread on the same topic even though you know this is misinformation? https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=186532 - the other thread was quickly and pretty thoroughly debunked by knowledgeable people that have tried this or understand the science behind it. as i posted in that thread, 10,000 ppms is hardly noticeable to most humans... when we get to 3% or higher concentrations (30,000ppm), then we might be in trouble.

here is some actual info to back this - http://www.inspectapedia.com/hazmat/CO2gashaz.htm

please stop spreading misinformation darrman. even if you have some anecdotal evidence to support your statements (which you have not shared in either thread), it is irresponsible of you to keep espousing innacurate info.

this is from your link.
At 1% concentration of carbon dioxide CO2 (10,000 parts per million or ppm) and under continuous exposure at that level, such as in an auditorium filled with occupants and poor fresh air ventilation, some occupants are likely to feel drowsy.Not spreading any disinformation as far as I know, and one comment from someone doesnt debunk anything as far as im concerned. I got this info out of urban garden magazine, so if you want to write them and tell them there wrong. I never put info up unless i get it from knowlegable sources, and I thought urban garden was a knowlegable source.

darrmann

Ok, how about this, the guy at my local grow shop is saying if you unhook a "Big Blue" ozone generator from your exhaust, and instead vent it into your room for a day or so it will kill everything.(bugs)
Any truth to this in peoples opinions?

I have read that ozone will kill bugs also, but I wouldnt do it with lights on as with the co2 high levels will hurt your plant. High levels of ozone are probably worse for you then co2. but at night stomatas are closed so your plants wont breathe it.

darrmann

Its fine there is no resien on the leaves or bud its a vapor that lingars in the room that's it and it such :gday:a low dose since it has to evaporate but if u got good air flow it shouldn't be a problem since the bulk of it suckd out ....but use what u want iv been using them showd good results just take out 1 week or 2 out befor u harvest to be safe but no smell no mess ....

It a simple fix and the co2 is close to 50 bucks to empty a tank to kill bugs this is 6 dollars no lifting a 65lb tank around town

sorry but a #50 co2 is $34 and should be fine to use half at a time. I put this up because i see so many people having no success at other methods you would think would work if done right. So Thought i would put up this ,thought it would be pretty much fool proof. what better then to gas the bugs with no chemys and quick.better yet would be the propane co2 generator as another guy mentioned.

bergerbuddy

Canna Coco grower
Veteran
Fuck Azamax SM 90 and that other shit... if you are comparing CO2 saturation with Azamax neem or sm90

CHRIST... NO THANK YOU!!!

All those products are fucking shit...

But alas..... Let all the "experts" tell me how little I know... and too... TRUST THEM..

Shit..
What ever.... are your galleries full of buds and plants??/ have you beeen growing for decades??

I'm sure you have it is and i'm just too stoned to understand..

Peace

MediRI88

:thank you: and your welcome:blowbubbles:

So We all come to the conclusion that a C02 release will just cost you 17 to 40 dollars and not kill anything lol

also if you dont know who the experts are there the people with 800 post or more ... :bump:

Latest posts

Latest posts