What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Here goes Nugs quickie hydro run, 400w rdwc, gl120l - Afgoo, Blue Dream, Bubblewreck

IamNug

The way I see it I have about 120 days before I might change location.

This should be plenty of time to pull off another hydro run with new genetics.

To Do:

clean, sterilize and prep the rdwc...
clean the glass on the vented hood...
maybe get new airstones and 400w hps bulb if somehow I have some change to spare...
Get netting for supporting the plants...

Eat this freshly made fruity pebble edible... mmmmmm! Thanks to my buddy for those! delicious!

and I have to wash the soil off the clone roots and stick them into the rdwc once all is good.

Pictures to follow...

:ying:

IamNug

Day 0 - 18/6

Day 0 - 18/6

Thanks tricky1 for taggin up for the show, enjoy the ride!

It's day zero. I finally got off my ass and cleaned the hydro buckets out real well. Also cleaned the glass on the air cooled hood. Lowered the light down about a foot and a half. Vacuumed the prefilters on the carbon filters. LOTS of other general clean up and preparation.

So this run there are several afgoo cuts, 3 bubble wreck seedlings, 1 blue dream cutting and one of my bag seed cuttings from the last run I just finished. 4 different genetics.

A few of the little afgoo cuts weren't rooted so they were discarded. More large cuttings were taken and stuck directly into the hydroton in the net pot lid.

I still have the afgoo bonsai mom and will take a cutting of the blue dream as well, once it's large enough. The bubble wrecks will get cloned too IF they ever start growing and don't just stay runts. But if they EVER had a fighting chance, now is it, in rdwc.

They are all feeding on an estimated half seedling dose, of around 150ppm flora nova grow in tap water.

Hopefully I didn't forget anything else, I think I did forget something. Anyways hit me up with questions or comments or suggestions any time!

:ying:

picture.php

picture.php

IamNug

Ty for joining in my new grow show, MacGyver420. Good news, since transplant, the plants are all showing signs of happiness. Even the runty bubblewrecks... pics in the future... :)

stonedar

Macro-aggressor
Veteran
nice bubble farm you got there, +rep

may I ask what happened did you run outta hydrotron ? maybe your plants would stand up better if you gave them some more root space.

actually I guess thats because of the reservoir, huh? you can't raise the height of water in your buckets while the roots grow down...

I typically use dwc with my mothers but in individual buckets.

sorry for rambling but at least I learned something.

ok, I see now its recirculating deep water. I'm stoned.

IamNug

Ubermensch6, thank you and good growluck to you as well! I will keep an eye out for your journal.

stonedar, thank you for commenting. The water level actually can be changed by adjusting the float valve in the control bucket. Recirculation is achieved by interconnecting all the buckets and adding a pump to circulate the water. My setup is deceptive by looks, but is highly functional. I'm wondering if anyone will ever become curious of it's design.

IamNug

Oh and about the hydroton, yea i keep the water level at the bottom of the net pots, but i put the clones at that level then added some hydroton to hold in place, once they grow up out of the baskets I plan to top them off with more hydtroton to block light and add support as the plants grow.

KUSHEATER1

nice and neat 1? can you put your rez outside the tent you will better control it's temps.here is my dr120 with 25 days to go as of today here sh is when I started this round didn't mean to HJ your thread but just wanted to share what I do:dance013:

IamNug

double edge sword

double edge sword

thanks for checking in friends!

things are looking so good in the gl120l that I don't think I can be brought to tear it down for the annual 2 second 'inspection' of the property.

I propped a bunch of mattresses and junk in front of the 4x8 grow tent.

Medical recommendation sitting on top of the pile.

The thing is, blue dream cut has powdery mildew. And bubble wreck seeds have gone from runt, to sick ass indica dominant phenotype.

:help::pointlaug:snap out of it::jerkit::deadhorse::beat-dead::cuss::mopper:

IamNug

Day 7 Veg.

Day 7 Veg.

in rdwc, they exploded and never looked back:

blue dream cutting:
picture.php

afgoo cutting:
picture.php

bagseed cutting and afgoo cutting:
picture.php

afgoo cuttings:
picture.php

afgoo cuttings:
picture.php

more afgoo cuttings:
picture.php

bubblewrecks!:
picture.php

noobtoob

thanks! i think ive decided to go the same route you did. if you move the res outside the tent, how many 5 gal buckets would be able to fit in there?

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
i like ur setup i been thinkin bout hookin my 5gal bubblebuckets 2gether did u ever run into issues runnin different strains at the same time on the 1 rez? can u explain how u got ur system hooked up
goodluck with ur grow cant wait to see so nugz
stonE

IamNug

thanks! i think ive decided to go the same route you did. if you move the res outside the tent, how many 5 gal buckets would be able to fit in there?

hello, the reservoir could be placed outside the tent. It wouldn't save a ton of space, maybe 1 bucket of space. More buckets could be crammed in the tent. But they all have to be interconnected to get the benefit of only having to access 1 bucket for maintenance. There are different ways to interconnect the buckets. But the way I've designed this system, each bucket has its own feed and return line to the control. This makes water flow more efficient and allows the buckets to be close together in the beginning, then space them out as needed once the plants get bigger. The air in the tent is the same temperature as outside the tent, so for me moving the reservoir outside isn't really needed. I think if packed in, the max number of 3.5 or 5 gallon buckets that could be made to fit is 18 total (9 per side).

IamNug

i like ur setup i been thinkin bout hookin my 5gal bubblebuckets 2gether did u ever run into issues runnin different strains at the same time on the 1 rez? can u explain how u got ur system hooked up
goodluck with ur grow cant wait to see so nugz
stonE

Hello, honestly I've only run mono crops in my rdwc so far (one strain at a time) So far all the 4 strains seem to be just fine though.

The way I designed this rdwc is that the 1/4" feed lines come off a pump manifold and then run inside the 1/2" return lines... So there is only 1 visible line, 1 hole in the grow bucket, less to go wrong. Also each grow bucket has it's own return line to the control bucket, which ensures that each bucket can return water at the same pace. If the return lines are daisy chained, like I usually see in these rdwc setups, as well as in ebb/flow buckets, the flow is not equal for every bucket. Wanna see some pics of the way I made this function? just ask, I like to share info!

:joint: