What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

god damn i hate the news....

BiG H3rB Tr3E

"No problem can be solved from the same level of c
Veteran
Pot growing parents charged with toddler's THC overdose
by Kim Posey KDVR Denver
9:42 PM MST, March 1, 2010

The commander with the North Metro Drug Task Force says they had two scary cases over the weekend involving marijuana grow operations at homes, and children. In one case a 10-month-old baby boy from Commerce City overdosed on THC, but will be OK.

Investigators say they found a grow operation and a bucket of edibles in a shed in back of the home. Investigators assume the baby ate some of it.
The parents, Arturo Torres and Jessica Becerra are under arrest and their children were removed from the home. But the suspects' family members say the baby never had access to the marijuana.

"They are awesome parents, that's why it shocks me they got their kids taken away for this," said Anastacia Martinez.

In a separate case Friday night, officers say an 11 year old boy accidentally shot himself in the foot.

Officers say they found a grow operation at the home and believe the boy was left there with a loaded handgun to protect the house and the crop. The father is expected to be arrested. Commander Jerry Peters at the North Metro Drug Task Force says this is another exampled of what he believes is a frightening trend.

"There's so many bad decisions being made by parents of these children... They don't realize the dangers that are posed by marijuana," Peters said.

The suspects all claim to be legal caregivers. But investigators say they failed to produce the appropriate paperwork.

how the fuck do these coksuckers get away with some bumbaclot shit like this??? pot growing parents responsible for todlers thc overdose??? yet there is no death,, and nothing more than a fucking mention in the whole article. waddda fucking joke.....

B. Friendly

"IBIUBU" Sayeith the Dude
Veteran
ok so they are all legal and that's why they are demonizing it even more.
american media is retarded, i watch CNN and want to shot myself, crazy weird shit.

B. Friendly

"IBIUBU" Sayeith the Dude
Veteran
I have a license and damn straight if i have children i will be teaching them all about growing. What a perfect opportunity to create a mad science environment and cool learning environment.
They're is absolutely no danger of safety.
More danger in school play ground and that's a fact.

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
Blue Dot has his head up his ass.
Please don't quote him.... it's irritating enough to see that his posts are being ignored by me.... having to read his vomit is disgusting.

F-U Blue Dot. Only because you speak out about subjects you're ignorant of.... and make it sound like you know what you're talking about. Get a clue.... you'll be much happier.

Stay Safe! :tree:

GrnMtnGrwr

Veteran
Blue Dot has his head up his ass.
Please don't quote him.... it's irritating enough to see that his posts are being ignored by me.... having to read his vomit is disgusting.

F-U Blue Dot. Only because you speak out about subjects you're ignorant of.... and make it sound like you know what you're talking about. Get a clue.... you'll be much happier.

Stay Safe! :tree:

I agree the ignore feature is somewhat ineffective... but if I'm talking to him I will be quoting him. :dunno:

Sorry if that bothers you... :tiphat:

messed up stuff i gotta agree with bluedot tho little kids shouldnt be around growing or any of that stuff atleast untill there old enough to understand..kids are really noisy and curious an like to snoop around thru shit just out of being bored..desert and candy edibles?? now come on..

GrnMtnGrwr

Veteran
messed up stuff i gotta agree with bluedot tho little kids shouldnt be around growing or any of that stuff atleast untill there old enough to understand..kids are really noisy and curious an like to snoop around thru shit just out of being bored..desert and candy edibles?? now come on..

I've had adults standing 2 feet away from my grow and they didn't have any idea it was there. There's no need to expose them to it. :dunno:

yes but leaving the room for just one min enables them to be nosey from anything.. they could bump into somthin an discover a light leak or bud, just because they dont know of its existence doesnt mean its safe for them..im not trying to disagree or argue its just how i feel about it.

GrnMtnGrwr

Veteran
yes but leaving the room for just one min enables them to be nosey from anything.. they could bump into somthin an discover a light leak or bud, just because they dont know of its existence doesnt mean its safe for them..im not trying to disagree or argue its just how i feel about it.

When you have kids you should be childproofing your entire house. Take the extra step or two to child and adult proof your grow.

northernlightss

People say I like to argue but I'm really just calling people out and correcting them.

You only speak your opinion, so you are not correcting anybody, just giving your two cents.

So when I finally have kids, I need to buy my medicine? I don't see a problem, I know my kids won't have access to anything.

If I was on the prescription pills the doctors wanted me on, I would do just the same to keep them away from my kids. Any medicine should be securely locked away from young kids, and even more so teenagers.

Last edited:

BiG H3rB Tr3E

"No problem can be solved from the same level of c
Veteran
Want to hear some wierd shit?

Saturday one of my employees said they got a call from an older man who said his son and his son's wife were both medical marijuana patients and consumed their medicine in the house where their young infant child lives and asked what he should do about it.

I wonder if this has anything to do with the couple that were arrested? From the article it sounds like a piece of evidence is missing, as it does not say the parents called the police, and investigators cant determine how the child ingested the medicine.

I dont know about yourselfs, but my 10 month old child would have a seriously difficult time unlatching the door, going outside, opening a shed, and discovering my medicine.

But hey, it is what it is right....? god damn did i mention i HATE THE NEWS?????

9news is the worst. Boycott 9news! Tell others to boycott 9news. Tell 9news that you have boycotted them and why. Call 9news' advertising supporters and let them know that they are advertising with a company that provides the community with misinformation and that you, and a large contingency of others have boycotted 9news and that they should seek ad space elsewhere.

GodzMedZZZ

F those parents for even growing with small kids around.

:yeahthatsCmon people, just common sense, WAYYYY better means of security than a child who obviously doesnt know how to handle a gun sitting alone with 1... Need to represent better than that, n these people "claiming" to be legal is stupid, if youre legit than the paperwork should be there and the right to show already agreed upon with each patient... Well I guess thats 1 way to show the rest of us what NOT to do...:trampoline:For that I say thank you the same way that the Darwin Awards do... 3 CHeers LOL