What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

~PIFF~ A.K.A. Uptown Haze/Frankies/Church. Preserving a Heritage...

J

jipedestran

ARTofMAKINGfire said:
I just typed another huge response only to have it lost by this BS posting system. You guys at IC should try and fix that. I've had it happen ALOT, and I'm sure it pisses of others...

I see a need to reveal certain things about myself so that everyone can have a good understanding.

I have been smoking marijuana for 12 years. Growing up in and around NYC, I was always the one with the best weed. I made it a point to be. Even those that sold would frequently ask me my opinion of thier product. This turned into a passion for growing, and now has become a need to stabilize this strain.

My knowledge of cultivation gained me access to certain circles in life that I would otherwise be denied. My first commercial grow was deep in the hood of Opa-Locka, a suburb of Miami. My business partner sold cocaine at a fraternity I would attend parties at. He saw me rolling up some Dutch Passion Blueberry I grew and questioned me about the smell. I gave him a nug and told him to try for himself. He called some kids in the frat to ask if I was still there, then returned to tell me the weed was so potent it made him vomit. He asked me where I got it and if I could hook him up with some. I told him I had very limited quantities because I had grown it. This peaked the man's intrest and he continued to question my knowledge of the grow. Impressed, he finally asked me if I would set up and grow in a 3 bedroom home he had access to that was vacant. Being at that time a personal grower, the idea was seductive, and I couldn't say no. Within one week we were spending $4000 on eqipment. I did 6 runs there. Cash flow began.

This is what gained the respect of certain individuals. I was courted several times in Miami to join a set and grow for them. I never did. I did get involved with transport. This is what strengthened my NY connections...

Miami to NY is a scary place to be.

It's like descending to Hell (NY) from Heaven (MIA) and I-95 N is purgatory. The closer you get to Hell, the more things heat up.

Anyway, my reputaion as a grower followed me wherever I went. A couple of Dominican growers who had heard about me asked to meet me. We kept in contact and dicussed grows. At some point in the course of chilling and drinking, I was professing my love the Uptown Haze and dude slipped. He said, "This haze ain't got a thing on what I crank out." My jaw dropped and we stared at eachother. The first thing I said was, "Let me get a cut." He cracked a smile like he'd been caught and said, "Chill, chill, homie. We'll talk. We'll talk." So we talked. I somehow ended up settling for moving the weight and getting the direct hook up from him (the grower) at a price that is infathomable. I inquried about the origin of these genetics to which he replied, "God has them down in Georgia. He's only give it out if you run it for him." He was reffering to the leader of DDP, not a higher power. I asked him, "What if I run a house for him? I'm down fa that." He looked at me seriously and said God wouldn't allow it, because I'm a white boy. I got flustered, hating when the people play the RACE card when it's convienient and knowing I was a more staunch individual than 90% of them.

That continued on for years. I played a sort of middle man, dishing off the Haze to an associate in Brooklyn. This guy was insrtucted (by me) to save any seeds he might find and give them to his friend, my brother.

I just recently asked him if he had any. He said he did indeed have 4 seeds. He gave them to my brother and upon inspection, I was pleased to say the least. All four of the seeds were large, dark, with a few stripes on them. One clearly has a hairline fracture in the shell. I germinated all four. The one that was cracked, wad cracked. And one of them didn't pop.

So from what I know, I can tell you that, IN MY OPINION, the Uptown Haze is a phenotype of some type of 100% haze that has been going for YEARS. Being that the seeds came from a room of clones, I would like to think that these are females but I'm not sure of the science...

That is that. I hope for those that know me personally, this doesn't change you opinion of me. I do not deal in ANY hard drugs of ANY kind now. My only concern is marijuana. And now, the preservation, stability, and availability of it.

You are now 100% in the know and up to date.

Now, I'm talking DIRECTLY to YOU. How'd ya like that???

~~ARTofMAKINGfire~~

wow art....nice story.

I hate that frickin attitude. Hate, Hate Hate. I know a crew in Upstate NY that is that same way with one particular strain. I'm not naming any names, but the attitude is foolish. Good Plant=good plant. when someone is running weight, if you show up with five lbs of Diesel as opposed to the Uptown Haze, how much less $$$ is the buyer really going to short?

I might be a bit more concerned about those phone messages if I were you, now that you have revealed the caliber of individual you are dealing with. I hope your avatar is the real deal. Be cool brother.

Good on you for preserving it. hope for some ladies. Actually, since it came from a clone only room, you have no way of knowing what caused the seed. Plant anomaly, or grains of some pollen carried on the wind from another nearby grow. Who knows if that pollen was Northern Lights????

peace
jip

AzGrOw-N-sMoKe

fuck ya art...do that shit up an do it up right...from all the talks of "piff" while i was up there...this thread has defently sparked my interest...an if ya ever need a hand lemme know....a plane trip is only a few hours ;)...peace az

ARTofMAKINGfire

Grinding extra.
Veteran
jipedestran said:
Actually, since it came from a clone only room, you have no way of knowing what caused the seed. Plant anomaly, or grains of some pollen carried on the wind from another nearby grow.
This doesn't concern me because these houses were dedicated soley to growing out Uptown Haze. That's the only strain they grew. I know that for a fact.

As far as caliber... I'm good.

ARTofMAKINGfire

Grinding extra.
Veteran
AzGrOw-N-sMoKe said:
fuck ya art...do that shit up an do it up right...from all the talks of "piff" while i was up there...this thread has defently sparked my interest...an if ya ever need a hand lemme know....a plane trip is only a few hours ;)...peace az
Thanks mang. Stay safe out there and I'll see you in Vegas homie! I'll keep you posted...

J

jipedestran

ARTofMAKINGfire said:
This doesn't concern me because these houses were dedicated soley to growing out Uptown Haze. That's the only strain they grew. I know that for a fact.

As far as caliber... I'm good.

Glad to hear about the caliber....I hope you don't have to use it.

I meant pollen carried on the wind from OUTSIDE the house. Unless they used carbon filters on all their intakes, it is possible that pollen from another grow in the geopgraphic area was able to infiltrate those rooms.

peace
jip

B

Brother_Monk

ARTofMAKINGfire said:
If the planets properly allign and it is meant to be, I will get one female and one male. I will cross these two plants producing the first known backcross of this strain.
Correction my friend....this action will not be a back cross. It will be a cross, producing F1 seed. Hope you get at least M/F. From clone only rooms tho...more than likely you will get all fems. Whatever happens, it will surely be interesting, and perhaps a new clone donor mother.

Also, being from a clone only ran room originally(more than likely feminized seeds), there must have been a few nanners in the pool. Suggesting that there are herms in the linage. You may have to work the line to get rid of that, depending upon any further out/in/back crosses made.

Good luck. If ya need any breeding info, I'll be glad to lend a hand.

:ying:

Last edited:

xOOx

what a story art!

lets hope these seeds are pure selfed, and not stray pollen. they should be both chix then. the dark and striped markings make me think it may be something else though, but i don't want to jinx it on you. hope your boy who saved your seeds is telling you the truth where he got em from.

f the dominicans trying to hold onto it and not share with the world. some people might truely benefit from its medicinal qualities. enough money has been made on it already ..so it's going to come out no matter what, if they allow it, or it jumps ship on its own. it wants to survive too man. i'm sure art has a good chance at getting this, as its a fact, the spanish dominicans are the ones with the piff and distribute it to the foot soldiers to sell at McPiffs on the street corner. i saw a youtube video of some guys driving to get some, and it was standing on line getting a nyc sandwich at lunch time kinda deal, wait your turn, bud.

i was wondering about the wild outside pollen with my plant, is it possible a stray pollen hit it up to make the seed, who knows? but then i noticed after friend had flowered it for wayy too long just recently (way over 100-120+ on the clone, got lazy and never harvested on time), and low and behold, a tiny light olive green seed was found in one bud of 4 plants, so you can do the math. have not tried to germinate it yet. and since most of it commercially is pulled way before the selfing limit, you will hardly ever find a seed unless there was an issue/delay with the grow. so now it makes sense on how i got my seed, since this girl did the same thing her mom (hmm, herself?) did at some point in the last 15 years. a long lasting clone of herself in seed form, lol.

sending you the piff vibes..

xoox

ARTofMAKINGfire

Grinding extra.
Veteran
Brother Monk - Thank you for that correction. I admit I have some to learn when it comes to breeding, but I'm willing. I suspect that there are hermies in the line, but are you sure that is what produced the seed? Could it have been an act of sefl-preservation? I've read female plants in the wild sometimes do this. But does that involve the plants growing a stamen to produce pollen?

Are there any experts on the subject that can chime in?

ARTofMAKINGfire

Grinding extra.
Veteran
xoox - I know what ya mean about the stripe, but having seen the seeds, they didn't look like a seed that would come in a pack. Actually not as many stripes as I'm used to. But they were real dark. One looked almost black.
And as far as the person who saved the seeds, he only sells this weed, and he only smokes this weed. He's one of those die-hard Haze smokers from NY that doesn't want to smoke anything else. Also, he was aware of what I do and knew that I wanted to grow them out, but not about the importance of the strain. So I see no reason why he would sabotage a close friend of many years over a routine thing. And he knows my obsession with calling a strain by it's proper name, and the way I label every jar/bag of weed...

Last edited:

asher1er

Veteran
No made up drama here, i can relate to a certain point..

Art f*ck them, they been trying to keep the shit locked down for so long its not even funny, my cut is from a very tight circle which only did/does what you where in charge of back then growing it and running it up. Strictly dominicans buying from the cubans.

F*ck the drama n f*ck the ones threatning you, they shoulda never put a bag out with beans to begin with if they where so concerned..watch your self and stay safe homie if you need anything shoot me a message :joint: :joint:

xOOx

art,

i'm by no means an expert, but i read tons and tons here, it seems there are two opinions on that subject. one is that any female will try to do the self-preservation thing if left to go wayyyyy over her flowering limit. and then theres those that believe a true female is a true female 100% and never ever will throw a nanner, or self pollinate itself even if given the g.acid, screwin with the light cycles, etc.

but then theres different views on hermies too ..

either it's a pure hermie from the start (balls and flowers) as soon as it starts flowering ..

and then females with hermie traits/tendency, that throw nanners like a baby after x amount of days of flowering when they are stressed (like fucked up light cycle, too hot, overwatering, underwatering) these girls need the perfect enviro to finish up sense.

so who knows,

i know the girl i have was grown once mistreated, missed waterings, wayy too hot, lights on during the dark cycle sometimes to work on them.. she never hermied, but ran over 110+ days, one seed in 4 plants. go figure. does that make her a hermie? or just trying to make a seed and try to get laid again next season .. maybe there was some issue with a grow and they delayed too long, or couldn't get it together and some of them piff girlies decided to go into panic self preservation mode. hard to tell what trigger this in different strains?

xoox

asher1er

Veteran
xOOx said:
art,

i'm by no means an expert, but i read tons and tons here, it seems there are two opinions on that subject. one is that any female will try to do the self-preservation thing if left to go wayyyyy over her flowering limit. and then theres those that believe a true female is a true female 100% and never ever will throw a nanner, or self pollinate itself even if given the g.acid, screwin with the light cycles, etc.

either it's a pure hermie from the start (balls and flowers) as soon as it starts flowering ..

and then females with hermie traits/tendency, that throw nanners like a baby after x amount of days of flowering when they are stressed (like fucked up light cycle, too hot, overwatering, underwatering) these girls need the perfect enviro to finish up sense.

so who knows,

i know the girl i have was grown once mistreated, missed waterings, wayy too hot, lights on during the dark cycle sometimes to work on them.. she never hermied, but ran over 110+ days, one seed in 4 plants. go figure. does that make her a hermie? or just trying to make a seed and try to get laid again next season .. maybe there was some issue with a grow and they delayed too long, or couldn't get it together and some of them piff girlies decided to go into panic self preservation mode. hard to tell what trigger this in different strains?

xoox

it's possible it was self preservation but who knows? some people let the haze go 100+ dayz which will cause them to do that sometimes...now n days the cubans are cutting them down early :bashhead:

ARTofMAKINGfire

Grinding extra.
Veteran
So then if it is a hermie issue, it would be a hermie tendancy, not a hermie from the start, or I would expect there to be ALOT more seeds. And seeing how I've seen so many batches of this weed, from the same room/grower/clone I would think that the problem is not that prominent because I've gotten so few seeds over so much time. Though I suppose there are others who purchased the weed and found a seed...

As far as stray pollen, of course anything is possible. Pollen is designed to travel far distances and infiltrate. But I just highly doubt this is the case. While I do not know the location of these grows, I've been told they are in much less densly populated areas than the NY metro area...

Only time will tell.

strained

i really doubt that what your talking about is 100% haze phenotype condsidering you said that these seeds come from commercial grows and that growing a 100% haze would be something only an extremely sativa experience grower could pull off

asher1er

Veteran
strained said:
i really doubt that what your talking about is 100% haze phenotype condsidering you said that these seeds come from commercial grows and that growing a 100% haze would be something only an extremely sativa experience grower could pull off

Strained, there are commercial growers that will grow NOTHING but this Haze, you can show them the prettiest bud in the world and hand them a batch of clones and they will not take it. They been growing this haze for YEARS and will continue to do so till they physically cant no more :joint:

xOOx

yeah,

the early chop gives way more of that racy feeling for sure, they shouldn't chop them that early, damn cubans (good cigars tho!) i'm not a big fan of the ultra racey high. ultra racy usually doesn't last that long for me, it's a quick smack upside the head of paranoid i'm going to die heart attack, and then your on the way down in a half hour. weird that most people like this! you have to have your goldilox porridge just right for me, racy/mellow mix. i've had shit from uptown thats paralized me to the point where it hurts, and an pretty uncomfortable paralization at that, can't feel the left half of my body, strange sensations like that. the good piff doesn't do that too me. i always try to remember what it's like being high on it, since i had a hit of it just last night its still fresh. yeah one good hit. my body was tingly as if i was on the beginning of nitrous, or a mild anesthesia, tingly toes etc. very relaxed. i always get the the numb jaws, teeth feel like they are 2 ft in front of my face 30 minutes or so after that hit. but my body wasn't numb to the point of pins and needles pain, which i HATE in a buzz. and my mind is just going along concurrent thought patterns, i'm watching tv, thinking about what happened today, what happened yesturday, what happened 15 years ago ,what i'm going to be doing int he next week, all at the same time, like windows, lol. multithreaded thoughts. 4-6 active thoughts going at the same time. what's cool about it is, sitting there chillin, you can make connections between each active thought lines, instead of thinking in a straight linear fashion. as you got your 4 or 5 thoughts running, you can cross reference ideas and see things in a different way. making comparisons between subjects that you never thought of before, because you just couldn't think of those two or three things that intently at the same time to make the 'a-ha' connection. seems when sober it's kinda hard to have more then 1 or 2 active thoughts going at once in which you are fully concentrating on.

if i was to take more hits, the thoughts become spiritual and connections start going all over the place, amnesia like, forgetting where you are and what you're doing, maybe dizzy, off balance, confusion. and then the cold hands, sweat on forehead, which is just too much for me, so i don't really do it.

once you have the piff man, you think you've been spiked with something for sure, and i guarentee it dude, it's just pure plant. it's just a really awesome thought place to be in, with mother ganja holding your body in her hands floating tingling away while you dream up a storm. yeah one-two hit for me is all that takes for a good hour and a half or two hours. four and i might blink out for a while. if you notice the homies smoking piff off blunts they aren't holding it in, puffing it like a cigarettes, i hold my hits in until i gasp for air . so it's a full lung hit, not little cigarette puffs. i also noticed her smoke is very thick white, burning very small amount makes a TON of white smoke.

once the piff gets out there, people won't doubt anymore man.

xoox

ARTofMAKINGfire

Grinding extra.
Veteran
strained said:

Not if you're chopping early which it is a known fact they do. I've analized the trichomes MANY times and I've SELDOM found cloudy trichromes (though it is hard because most heads are broken) and have never found a clump of amber (I've seen a few).

That explains the racy high people experience when a decent amount is smoked. There are hardly any CBD's and CDN's which are attributed to a more body stone...

So I still state that this is a nearly 100% sativa pheno of Haze that is being chopped early and not properly dried. That is what piques my intrest. They treat it like shit and it still is so well known. I want to grow it properly. But I have never seen a live, flowering plant. Who knows what they will look like. I am just looking for ONE thing to prove to me they are the real deal. THAT SIGNATURE ODOR THAT CANNOT BE MISTAKEN. DRIED OR BURNING.

asher1er

Veteran
Art, if all other factors are working in my favor, my ladies will be ran till i get 50/50 cloudy amber trichs, hopefully, we'll see what happens :joint: Just like you, it is very rare to see this done, outta tons of it going through my hands i have only gotta about 4 batches that where well done and dried properly :cuss:

barletta

Bandaid
Veteran
Yeah, it was almost always wet. I guess being too paranoid to take the 20's out of my sweaty ass sock until at least Parsippanny didn't help......

J

jipedestran

xOOx said:

xoox

I am quite sure it was the latter, unless it was outside source pollinated.

My Lifesaver pheno will put out one or two seeds per plant, in my experience it seems like it happens most of the time. She has been run 30+ times, but I have not kept a written record of it. So I don't know the cause. I do not do things exactly the same every time, meaning sometimes I run all earth juice, sometimes I use Ionic nutes, sometimes amend my mix, sometimes not.
I have played with light cycles, only as far as dropping hours after 7 weeks, down to 11 then 10 hours. did not really notice any difference.

enough stoned babble, go Art, this should be cool== you guys know the Piff, I have never smoked it.

peace
jip

Latest posts

Latest posts