What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Spider Mites after harvest?

JJ87

Hi all

Long-time smoker, occasional outdoor grower, recently graduated to indoor growing and have encountered the dreaded spider mites!

Now its time for the first of my indoor plants to get the chop, I've noticed I've got some spider mites present. I'm assuming its too late for a neem oil spray, as it might ruin the taste of the buds - is there anything I can do to salvage them? Are they still smokeable once dried and cured or are they ruined??

Please help!

hellfire

Yeah bro don't spray neem on shit you're going to smoke in a month lol.

Wash them off and clean the buds best you can with cold water. If its harvest time you're better off smoking bugs and bug waste than some freshly sprayed bullshit.

Drewsif

I've vaporized plenty of spider mites. I can tell practically every bottled product growers use by taste and effect. I can identify every preparation of neem and tell you how long ago you used it. I can identify every nutrient and booster in every flower sold at every dispensary ever. But I cannot tell if a plant has webs or not, by taste or effect.

I'll be vaping leaf hoppers for Christmas, they showed up on the night recreational Cannabis was made legal in my state. Thanks universe, love your sense of humor.

JJ87

Thank Drewsif - good to know, not gonna do me any harm then!

hellfire - are you recommending I give the buds a little dip in cold water to get most webs off? And then dry as thoroughly as possible?

hellfire

Thank Drewsif - good to know, not gonna do me any harm then!

hellfire - are you recommending I give the buds a little dip in cold water to get most webs off? And then dry as thoroughly as possible?

Yep, swish them around in there gently and see if it makes any noticeable difference. If it does great, if it doesn't dry it and end up smoking webs which is better than neem. You can probably hand clean it a bit after it dries as well.

JJ87

Thanks man - was otherwise happy with my first indoor harvest, so very pleased to know its not a write off!

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
You need to strip the grow area down and super clean every nook and canny. If you can get your hands on a Dr Doom BUG BOMB fogger and fumigate the area it would be best. Use a cold press neem oil as a preventive every couple of weeks on your new plants until flowering.

WHIPEDMEAT

Modortalan
Supermod
Veteran
those tiny fckers will evacuate from dieing plants, try to hang up the buds on a white rod and you will see they will try to escape towards light and heat sources

bigpeter

Spider mites will climb up, so when you hang your plants upside down the mites will crawl upwards away from the buds, then blowtorch the bastards.

chilliwilli

Waterboy
420giveaway
I would give my plants a cold shower after harvest to wash away the webs they created. The fuckers will crawl away on there own because they need the living plants to suck out the juices

JJ87

Yo thanks everyone for the comments! I'm going to properly fumigate and clean the tent after this harvest, as we're almost at the end.

For the next batch, I will be using regular neem oil applications as a preventative.

Latest posts

Latest posts