What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What's wrong? New at soil...

Hi there,
one of the first times i grow soil, usually i use hydro.
So the new growth are yellow or light green, 1 week of 12/12 for this male. It began when i flip to 12/12. I gave balanced nutes with tap water (ec=0.25), not too much, and the growth is quite slow...

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

imiubu

Hi there,
So the new growth are yellow or light green, 1 week of 12/12 for this male. It began when i flip to 12/12. I gave balanced nutes with tap water (ec=0.25), not too much, and the growth is quite slow...

View Image

/quote]

Hmm, IMO this looks more like a Zinc deficiency. Generally this is due to PH being too high causing lock out.

I'm not as experienced as some here and I am an organic soil grower but I hope this helps lead to resolving the issue.

Best

G

One reason for the yellowing of the tips like this could be having your lights too low.

Hi there,

View Image

/quote]

Hmm, IMO this looks more like a Zinc deficiency. Generally this is due to PH being too high causing lock out.

I'm not as experienced as some here and I am an organic soil grower but I hope this helps lead to resolving the issue.

Best

Thanks guys, i think Imiubu is closer to the truth. At first i diagnosed a Calcium or Zinc def. It's true that during the first weeks, i watered with tap water at pH 7 or 7.5. So it can be a pH problem. After, 2 days ago, i watered without nutes but with pH 5.8 water. But it does not seem to cure. So today i put the male in a bigger pot with new soil ( rich one and organic) without watering because the roots were a little too wet.
So the key is to water with pH 6 (or so) water? Do you water by the bottom or by the top?
I've read that rain water is pH 6.

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Your pH has drifted higher using tap water locking out the trace elements. The bicarbonates and carbonates from the tap water stay in the soll and accumulate over time even with limited use. I recommend using RO or rain fortified with cal mag to fix your problems. The yellowing should go away with a lower pH.

T

Teddybrae

Cal/Mag should lower yr pH ... Or lightly sprinkle Dolomite (Calcium + Magnesium) on the surface of yr soil (like sugar on a donut) and water in. Change should happen quickly.

Thanks guys, and what ec you give to the water when you give them nutes? I used basic potting soil, not the cheapest but not special for weed i mean...

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Start with a low EC and slowly raise it maintaining a proper pH. You can feed plants in small pots if done correctly.

Latest posts

Latest posts