What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Resurrecting DJs blueberry

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
I recently grew velvet krush, it was great. very anti anxiety and euphoric. not heavy. very easy to grow, no mutants.
picture.php

bushed

Agreed with the original poster, the blueberry that was popular in the UK around 2000 had a light fruity smell but didnt smell like blueberries, and had a strong taste like soil, looked very unique with a blue hue to the buds. The high was really giggly and uplifting not stoney.

Ive grown the blueberry muffin tasting in dinafem blueberry widow if thats what anyone is looking for, tasted and looked great, but was just your normal strong hybrid high.

elanius

Veteran
Agreed with the original poster, the blueberry that was popular in the UK around 2000 had a light fruity smell but didnt smell like blueberries, and had a strong taste like soil, looked very unique with a blue hue to the buds. The high was really giggly and uplifting not stoney.

Ive grown the blueberry muffin tasting in dinafem blueberry widow if thats what anyone is looking for, tasted and looked great, but was just your normal strong hybrid high.

Exactly my experience, smoked Blueberry indoor grown buds when I was 17 years old, did not smelled like blueberry, fruity, purple buds...We ended up laughing our asses off in a bush, hiding with a bong...that I remember very clearly hehe. Found exactly the same type of high in current Blueberry Indica, but dont expect this experience when you smoke every day heavy hitting OGs.

'Boogieman'

I love Blue Widow from dinafem, some phenos has the blueberry muffin smell but the potent ones will put you out. It's euphoric but in a sleepy way is what I found.

I grew a DP freebie Blueberry fem outdoors that had a blueberry syrup smell, earthy taste, and a nice euphoric up buzz, may have been picked early due to mold if I remember right.

OZZ_

Veteran
Great input all around. If I have to wade through 5 packs I’m not going to do it, that’s ridiculous.

I’m after the original high quality blue berry. Nothing more, nothing less lol.

I agree with the above if smoking heavy kush types or 30%’ers all day long it’s doubtful the real BB will do much to you but I actually think those are too strong. I like to be able to enjoy a spliff smoked to completion without being knocked on my ass.

Then again there’s a time and a place for everything lol. Again, it’s the effect that the blueberry had that was so amazing. I’m after that first and foremost

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey ozz, I haven't popped what I got from Matt riot yet, but he's got a blue bonnet line out that people are finding blueberry terps with.
He looked thru some of the Bluebonnet seeds from Lonestar. Which I believe were an f4 of DJ's original blueberry release. After talking to riot about them I hit up Texas kid for his experience with Lonestar's gear(quite extensive), and he spoke very highly of his work and knowledge.

elanius

Veteran
Ozz, if you want that Blueberry effect, dont need to go through 5 packs, not at all. The euphoric effect is locked down in Djs Blueberries! Many people have opinions it seems, but very few actually have the experience. And even less managed to grow those sensitive plants properly. Its just like with Sour Diesel, that plant will not shine if you wont give her what she needs, its that easy. In 5 Blueberry females, I bet you find the high you are looking for.
Here is a Blueberry Indica phenotype that was to this day some of the most euphoric strain I tried. You should see people high on this, it was crazy in a good way :)
The best part is, even the indica phenotypes were not actually couch lock type weed.
picture.php

picture.php
picture.php

Morphote

Veteran
I’ve seen lots of threads that say the quality just isn’t there anymore in the BB line but then I hear reports of exactly the opposite. I’m working seeing if the positive reports happen to be coming from an original cut that’s still circulating out there, and possibly the seed stock has dropped off? I’m not sure, purely speculation here. Open to any and all suggestions.

Two groups: one that got legit BB and one that got knockoffs. Simple as. It’s a real problem. Legit BB is gourmet cannabis. Re: original cuts, I hear Oregon is nice this time of year.

Everything I’ve seen over the last ten years of people doing runs with DJs BB has resulted in then not finding anything worthwhile. Recently though I’m hearing very different testimonies so that leads me here.

I grew it not too long ago and the results were fabulous. True connoisseur quality. But then again I got my seeds directly from DJ, who is quick to warn you about knockoffs.

DJ Short's drying and curing techniques are epic IMO.... :tiphat:

He’s all about the hash. Not much of a flower guy.

M.

OZZ_

Veteran
Thanks everyone, I’m listening and considering everyone’s suggestions. I just bit the bullet and bought a pack of the BB F5s and the flo F5s as well. Additionally I may (or may not) have a line on a clone of a proven cut but will have to see how that plays out.

Elainus- do you think I’ll find what I need in a single pack, or maybe I should do an open pollination on the whole pack to make F6s.... then wade through those? There’s 13 in each pack which is nice but damn they are pricey!

TheDarkStorm

Ozz, if you want that Blueberry effect, dont need to go through 5 packs, not at all. The euphoric effect is locked down in Djs Blueberries! Many people have opinions it seems, but very few actually have the experience. And even less managed to grow those sensitive plants properly. Its just like with Sour Diesel, that plant will not shine if you wont give her what she needs, its that easy. In 5 Blueberry females, I bet you find the high you are looking for.
Here is a Blueberry Indica phenotype that was to this day some of the most euphoric strain I tried. You should see people high on this, it was crazy in a good way :)
The best part is, even the indica phenotypes were not actually couch lock type weed.
View Image
View Image View Image

Thats a beautiful one oz...looks real nice...do you know wer thats from please. Reminds me of another very good one but its a hybrid...but was highly prized an enjoyed by many at the time...the blue cheese...if you can get the seeds from certain sources its very easy out of 5-10 to find very euphoric, uplifting but very relaxing phenos...potent plants that will put a simle on your face an make you feel good..

elanius

Veteran
Elainus- do you think I’ll find what I need in a single pack, or maybe I should do an open pollination on the whole pack to make F6s.... then wade through those? There’s 13 in each pack which is nice but damn they are pricey!

I would say you have good chance in 13 beans, but I dont know what is your exact idea of the quality that you are looking for, cannot say if you find what you need in that 1 pack. You can, ofcourse, you may be even lucky and find a legend in that pack. But if I were you and was looking for great Blueberry plant, I would buy at least 2 packs and go from there. As with any other strain, you should grow more plants to be able to judge it properly. I bought 40 seeds of Blueberry when I was determined to find a good one and I did...not just one.

Medfinder

Chemon 91
DJ Shorts blueberry indica pheno..x Chemon..91

Attachments

• user467693_pic2005235_1579884774.jpg
    user467693_pic2005235_1579884774.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 31
  • user467693_pic2005234_1579884774.jpg
    user467693_pic2005234_1579884774.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 30

OZZ_

Veteran
I would say you have good chance in 13 beans, but I dont know what is your exact idea of the quality that you are looking for, cannot say if you find what you need in that 1 pack. You can, ofcourse, you may be even lucky and find a legend in that pack. But if I were you and was looking for great Blueberry plant, I would buy at least 2 packs and go from there. As with any other strain, you should grow more plants to be able to judge it properly. I bought 40 seeds of Blueberry when I was determined to find a good one and I did...not just one.

So open pollination to make F6’s it is! Lol

Honestly I feel that $160 a pack is ridiculous too, but I’ll pay it grudgingly lol. Buying two is out of the question so ya... think I’ll do an open pollination on them, then sort through those F6’s

elanius

Veteran
So open pollination to make F6’s it is! Lol

Honestly I feel that $160 a pack is ridiculous too, but I’ll pay it grudgingly lol. Buying two is out of the question so ya... think I’ll do an open pollination on them, then sort through those F6’s

oh yeah, sure you can do that. Maybe consider to create a goal and select towards it, not open pollination. Half of the Djs Blueberries are red wine/floral/musky/earthy/burgundy or menthol, some of these had epic high, no wonder Dj kept these terps in there. But I was after those berry/fruity/juicyfruit phenos and used only those for F2 (F6 really). Its easy to select the males too, smoke the tips to judge euphoric predisposition and potency and stem rub that is fruity, instead of red wine. :tiphat:

OZZ_

Veteran
Thats a beautiful one oz...looks real nice...do you know wer thats from please. Reminds me of another very good one but its a hybrid...but was highly prized an enjoyed by many at the time...the blue cheese...if you can get the seeds from certain sources its very easy out of 5-10 to find very euphoric, uplifting but very relaxing phenos...potent plants that will put a simle on your face an make you feel good..

Hi Dark Storm- Those are Elainius’s plants, but I’m sure the comment is appreciated! Lol