What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The New Chocolate Thai

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
DJ' s plants do not lack potency. They do however require skills to get the best out of them. They are like heirloom tomatoes, they are the best, but it won't be easy to get them there. Take a Cocoa Kush plant and cross it to something chocolaty and get to work.

We used to see some coffee/cocoa aromas and flavors from an old NL line. Called the Mark V.

The cocoa kush x chocolope has some chocolate terps from what I'm told.

I have some Chocolate Trip plants going right now. Will report what I find.

Vibes

C

corygreen

Thanks for the reply but with the DJ crosses yes they do add bag appeal but from my previous testing with numerous DJ strains IMHO they lack potency far as when it's crossed the end product is beautiful and tasty but not potent as you would expect that's why I would go with a female off one his strains rather then using a male a simple beauty and the beast combo then breed back to the beast lol

C

corygreen

The cocoa kush chocolope cross has already been done by eskobar and there a chocolate tasting phenos but it's not so consistent and lack potency but is very tasty I read multiple reviews stating so as well... But the vanilluna male I used mutiple times also his sisters for some reason give terps of dark dank chocolate through veg and flower thats the reason for me saying vanilluna... Thanks for your suggestion though :tiphat:
Far as Chocolate Trip I'm looking forward to hearing your report :biggrin:

C

corygreen

Far as creating a new version of chocolate thai I originate form the east coast and out in NY they use to have two versions of chocolate one was chocolate thia and the other was chunky black they both smelled and tasted of chocolate but the thia was brown and the chunky was dark green and brown type of buds but the choco thai was the better of the two strains, this what gave me the Idea, but best believe the chocolate project is already underway

idiit

Veteran
one of the places to find some choco thai dom phenos appears to be gorilla glue. the real deal glue phenos are said to have a strong sour chocolate terp to 'em. who'd a thought?

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
I ran 30 chocolate rain seeds a few years ago. A few had some slightly chocolate hints. None impressed me enough to run more than a few times. I also ran some bubba chunk that was super chocolatey. Dark unsweetened chocolate on about half the plants. It was ok but not my thing. I do think if someone went through enough they would eventually find a super good dark chocolate bubba looking plant. The chocolope clone I was given did not resemble chocolate in any way.

Id like a good chocolate in my collection. But for now I'm over popping seeds that could lead to sleep, yawns or the urge to not move. I'm only seeking mind blowing, feel like I'm playing psychedelic frisbee in the sun highs.

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
one of the places to find some choco thai dom phenos appears to be gorilla glue. the real deal glue phenos are said to have a strong sour chocolate terp to 'em. who'd a thought?

i read somehwere in those glue thread that somebody :D cant remember.. is going to make gg4xchocolate trip cross. it would be better bet for chocolate glue than gg4, as gg4 is only slight sweet chocolate smelling ime

its a pity chocolate thai is not around anymore. as its very unique variety.

we have old time moonshine cut around here. i would call it choco berry or blue chocolate instead. but its just old time moonshine from DJ Short.. i dont keep low potent cuts :) it has very dreamy effect..

picture.php

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
straight :D i didn't see such phenos in mosca´s .... by the way mosca´s would be F6 in fact...

3rd-3yed

Veteran
straight :D i didn't see such phenos in mosca´s .... by the way mosca´s would be F6 in fact...

Thanks for the infos MAHA, yes I know the original line by DJ is already a worked F5 but I wrote F2's for the Mosca stock to easier my sentence, my bad... :biggrin:

Peace

JACKBAYBEH

The Chocolate Thai that forum member DrawoH shared with
the community is the choco thai that DNA used for chocolope.
Is also the one used by Bohdi & SnowHigh in their work. IIRC
Billygoat bred with it as well. He was supposed to release a batch of CT puro like from
his own 3rd or 4th gen. This was years back already. I think he had problems with the breeding and nothing was ever put out. Again, IIRC.
This is another variety I wish I would have snatched up as far back as the old C-Bay days.
I'm sure someone still has it in pure form. Looks like SnowHigh crossed it with BigSurHolyWeed and then BX to CT. Those beans would be a solid choice.

Mustafunk

Brand new oldschool
Veteran
The Chocolate Thai that forum member DrawoH shared with
the community is the choco thai that DNA used for chocolope.
Is also the one used by Bohdi & SnowHigh in their work. IIRC
Billygoat bred with it as well.

So what's the story on this CT? I've been researching a bit and from what I've been told, this line is different to the CT being offered by Dutch Flowers many years ago.

JACKBAYBEH

Hey MustaFunk,
Not sure where DrawoH sourced his CT line from.
Only that it's been around a long time now. Maybe someone will pop
in and give us the back story. :tiphat:

NaturalEssance

Chocolate Thia use to be brown not green all this green stuff people calling chocolate is bs if you ask me you go to NY and ask about real chocolate today and It is light brown and smells of hersey chocolate bud smelled so go you hate to smoke it I do not see anything that compares to it today

NaturalEssance

It has to be recreated if you ask me and I also get tired people who don't no anything about chocolate thia always talking about DJ short use that name so do not call it chocolate thia well DJ I have much respect for but he do not have anything to do with the name chocolate thia it was around way before blueberry and that always was the name he did not make up the name

Latest posts

Latest posts