What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Grow Tent OutGassing / Offgassing WARNING!!

When you get settled in with new gear let us know how you are doing. Thanks for posting and keep us updated. Very helpful 😎
the company that made the tent,not the store i 8ought it from,sent me a new tent,a 8etter model and i already set it up from friday night.if there is a prolem with the new one i expect to see it in 10-14 days.they told me to cut 2 pieces from the tent,one from the canvas and one from the 8ottom of the tent so they can take it and la8 test it.they send me the tent 8ut they didn't take the fa8ric 8ack.even if i am stupid,even if the tent is fine,shouldnt they pay 50 8acks to take the fa8ric 8ack for testing so they are sure they don't screw people that try to grow their medicine...the worst part is that i had something like a chemical 8urn in my nostrills for a month,a pain that never had 8efore and recently clicked me that it could also 8e from the tent.sorry for my typing,i spilled coffee on my key8oard and some letters dont work.

Powidok

hello, I have to dig up this thread because I am slowly going through depression due to constantly sick seedlings, I described my problem in another topic, the difference between me and you is that I don't use a tent ... I don't have it but I thought about the floor covering, my seedlings for unknown reasons stop growing after about 2 weeks and the leaves begin to wither from the bottom, roots do not grow, the upper part does not grow, everything stops and begins to die, I tried everything, I changed everything, thanks to these trials I learned hydroponics, it surprises me that the problem only occurs with tomato and hemp, peppers or other kitchen herbs or decorative flowers live, grow and hemp dies, always the same way, both in soil and hydroponics, in hydroponics it is a bit faster but the disease looks the same, the plant he can't eat, he stops and slowly dries up.

Attachments

• IMG_20230221_124949.jpg
    IMG_20230221_124949.jpg
    537 KB · Views: 28
hello, I have to dig up this thread because I am slowly going through depression due to constantly sick seedlings, I described my problem in another topic, the difference between me and you is that I don't use a tent ... I don't have it but I thought about the floor covering, my seedlings for unknown reasons stop growing after about 2 weeks and the leaves begin to wither from the bottom, roots do not grow, the upper part does not grow, everything stops and begins to die, I tried everything, I changed everything, thanks to these trials I learned hydroponics, it surprises me that the problem only occurs with tomato and hemp, peppers or other kitchen herbs or decorative flowers live, grow and hemp dies, always the same way, both in soil and hydroponics, in hydroponics it is a bit faster but the disease looks the same, the plant he can't eat, he stops and slowly dries up.
my roots didnt grow as well.your plant looks like my plants before i find out about offgasing.volatile organic compounds dont kill all the plants.some plants are immune but our plant is very sensitive to it.so you have to find the problem.if you have vinyl floor it could be it,if you are using panda film it could be it.plastic or pvc that is flexible could be it.before i dissasemble the tent i put 2 plants under my bathroom spot lights just to test if it is worth to dissasemble the tent or i am just the worst grower ever.the plants grew green and just fine.now all this shit is behind and my plants are doing what they are supposed to do.

Attachments

• IMG_20230222_013308 (2).jpg
    IMG_20230222_013308 (2).jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 32
  • IMG_20230222_013319.jpg
    IMG_20230222_013319.jpg
    7.1 MB · Views: 34
  • IMG_20230222_013354.jpg
    IMG_20230222_013354.jpg
    7.6 MB · Views: 39
  • IMG_20230222_013427 (2).jpg
    IMG_20230222_013427 (2).jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 38
  • IMG_20230223_020150.jpg
    IMG_20230223_020150.jpg
    5.5 MB · Views: 43

Powidok

it looks very similar, if it's the evaporation of the carpet, it will mean my end, unfortunately I have the same carpet in the whole apartment, only in the bathroom I have tiles, I have such a plan ... any day I want to insulate the gaps between the wall and the floor, maybe something will happen it comes out through these cracks, it will seal it nicely with gray tape, I am also going to buy a needle ionizer, i.e. an ionizer that practically does not produce ozone, thanks to which the ionizer can work practically 24 hours, I am also thinking about buying an ozonator as a separate device to turn it on once a week, no I am able to replace the carpets :( I can't afford it financially so I have to mess around. My problem must be related to the air, I changed the medium, changed the light, changed the water, there was air left or possibly electromagnetic fields or a curse sent by God, although I believe that he only love sends, 2 weeks ago I planted tomatoes, they are dying like hemp...

Powidok

I have PVC flooring throughout the apartment, only in the bathroom I have tiles, I have ventilation ducts in the bathroom, if the carpet produces a chemical compound that kills my tomatoes and hemp, then putting pots in the bathroom will not do anything because the air circulation in the apartment will drag the murderous chemical compound into the bathroom ... and this compound kills my tomatoes in two separate rooms, probably getting into the bathroom with air circulation ... the ionizer makes the air less dust, smell, etc., I wonder if ionization would help in the oxidation of murderous chemistry from the floor covering, hmmm ...

Latest posts

Latest posts