What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Earth Worm Castings at Walmart!

Trillyen

This is really nice to get bioactivity going in your soil. They have it a Lowes.

http://www.espoma.com/p_consumer/biotone_overview.html

Nice i may have to look into getting some of that stuff

So what does it mean if my compost tea dosent start to bubble up like on some of the how to videos???

how do u know its ready

i poured like 4 cups in 5 gallons yes im sure to much but i wasnt sure how much a cup was til after i did it

so will my tea still be ok

what exactly does it have in it, like micro nutes, like moly, nickel, calcium, um mag, MN, and all that stuff???

whats so benifical about it

will it be ok to use my tea its been bubbling for about 4 or 5 days.

thanks!!!!

T

twisted treez

its funny yall talk shit on walmart , but every major organic company out of cali for the past 7 years has been using an organic fertilizer , that was just proven to not be organic at all, sounds like like no carb mashed potatos, the eye believes what it sees the ears believe what people tell them, walmart is the shit you can save a shitload of money thats all i care about if were all made of atoms and the same material, does any off the shit we praise, and discredit,really matter our just dont matter.

ocitown

I was told quality EWC is one thing which should never be second best,while nearly all other ingredients wont have nearly as much effect on soil and tea quality if used in the right quantities.

I pay $1 a pound for Agrowin EWC and have been told they are worth every penny by a very reliable source,my demand is not huge so that helps.

Some testing seem in order here,anyone have the means??

Pimpslapped

Sadly, my local Wally-World doesn't seem to have the castings around yet this year. The annoying part is that they were my only convenient source, none of the other local retailers carry that sort of thing at all.

hansel

Lost In The Forest
ICMag Donor
I was told quality EWC is one thing which should never be second best,while nearly all other ingredients wont have nearly as much effect on soil and tea quality if used in the right quantities.

I pay $1 a pound for Agrowin EWC and have been told they are worth every penny by a very reliable source,my demand is not huge so that helps.

Some testing seem in order here,anyone have the means??

You are correct my friend. When I first started using worm castings, I thought they were all the same. The first stuff I had worked great, and I ran out so I bought some at Agway and it had a bad effect on the plants so I threw it out. It all depends on what they feed the worms. I have a good source from a local bait shop.

C

CT Guy

its funny yall talk shit on walmart , but every major organic company out of cali for the past 7 years has been using an organic fertilizer , that was just proven to not be organic at all, sounds like like no carb mashed potatos, the eye believes what it sees the ears believe what people tell them, walmart is the shit you can save a shitload of money thats all i care about if were all made of atoms and the same material, does any off the shit we praise, and discredit,really matter our just dont matter.

Really? And how about how they treat their workers? You can't live off the wages they pay and be above the poverty line. They've been prosecuted for forcing their employees to work overtime without pay as well. That's the corporate problem with Walmart.

As far as the EWC, I agree...you get what you pay for. It's so simple to make your own, and you don't need much for making teas or using as a 20% soil additive.

PM me if you want a source in WA state, I've done a bit of testing on the ones locally.

If you are researching a company that makes EWC, ask for BIOLOGICAL testing on their product. I'd also want to see a few different tests and also find out what their feeding their worms. If it's a manure based product, then what were the animals fed that produced the manure?

nephilthim

Really? And how about how they treat their workers? You can't live off the wages they pay and be above the poverty line. They've been prosecuted for forcing their employees to work overtime without pay as well. That's the corporate problem with Walmart.

As far as the EWC, I agree...you get what you pay for. It's so simple to make your own, and you don't need much for making teas or using as a 20% soil additive.

PM me if you want a source in WA state, I've done a bit of testing on the ones locally.

If you are researching a company that makes EWC, ask for BIOLOGICAL testing on their product. I'd also want to see a few different tests and also find out what their feeding their worms. If it's a manure based product, then what were the animals fed that produced the manure?
I think all of this is true,but for the consumer they help a lot of poor people by squeezing the rest of the world.
Iam not arguing for or against wal mart do what you want,per your conscious dictates.to me the negative of wal mart is like all negative things,war darfur,taxes,traffic.if I close my eyes they still exist whether or not I want to actively participate them.
furthermore juxtaposing mazlows hiarchy of needs against your income level,would directly relate to your ambivalence to wal-mart based on your own socioeconomic postion:I.e I am poor f.u. i will continue to shop at walmart.
on a lighter note I like to be playfully:nanana:lascivious with the female wal mart greeters. "hi welcome to wal mart". "oh you poor thing" "you look like you need someone to rub your feet honey after you get off work?" ....."whatcha doing later hon"?:wink::kissass::tongue:

Ulysses

Sadly, Walmart will not be carrying DMF Earthworm Castings for the 2009 growing season on the East coast.

I am told the SKU# is no longer in the system and the reason code was "Unreplenishable".

Some Walmarts may have remaining bags from last year's stock but the bags I saw were sun faded and rainsoaked... You can speak to the garden section manager about buying old stock at a discount ~ approx $2.00 per bag...

Guess they overworked the worms :whip:

They still stock $6.62 quarts of Alaska Fish Fertilizer 5-1-1 so get that while you can!!!

L

LolaGal

DMF Worm Waste Wally World Weed

DMF Worm Waste Wally World Weed

I got some earlier this month. Have been using it through this grow cycle. My plants love it. See...

Any worm poop is better than none...

The Revolution

Veteran
Toxic worm castings

Toxic worm castings

I just picked up a 5lb jug of castings from walmart. The castings look great, the prices was a bit over $3lb.. I get them home and I notice the warning label that reads: known to the state of CA to cause birth defects etc... Not for use on food crops.
Im strictly organic, I gta a good laugh over that..

Whats the deal? Market a dangerous product to the organic grower.. What could they have possibly fed these worms?

corky1968

Veteran
so I'm off to buy a hundred pounds or so...

100 pounds? Like they won't know what your up to, :laughing:

This reminds me a friend telling me that he was at Walmart 2 years ago buying
butane cans to make BHO. I think he told me that he had like a dozen cans in
his shopping cart and a person he knew goes by and basically yells out for all
the other Walmart shoppers to hear.

"Looks like your making Honey Oil again."

My friend wanted to take a baseball bat in the sporting section
and get that dude with the big mouth in an ailse alone. :laughing: