What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

white mold on side of smartpots? good/bad?

Onida

Close you blumat on arrow further, everything looks a bit too wet for me, as there are algae growing on your perlite just under the dropper.

good luck
CC

hey man, thanks for pitching in. how do you set your blumats in coco?

I watered them until 20% runoff, then waited a day or so, put the blumat in place and set the drops to 1/15-20 secs. Is it possible that my coco perlite ratio (50-50) is somehow causing the blumats not to work to their full potential?

nay420

I use 7gal smartpots with a coco/perlite/vermiculite/organic amendments and I want all of my pots to look like that. I always thought it was the mykos fungus. All I know is the plants look good. I do a daily hand water, and I def have runoff everytime.

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
it is a white harmless fungus that is surviving because of humidity

some beneficials in fertilizer promote is such as epsoma starer plus as pictured below

picture.php

at this point in time I trained my worms to keep the outside of my smarties clean

picture.php

Chevy cHaze

Out Of Dankness Cometh Light
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey man, thanks for pitching in. how do you set your blumats in coco?

I watered them until 20% runoff, then waited a day or so, put the blumat in place and set the drops to 1/15-20 secs. Is it possible that my coco perlite ratio (50-50) is somehow causing the blumats not to work to their full potential?

Don't go for time with the dropping.
You water your container plenty, so that it's really almost too wet, then you put the blumat in. Open it till water flows, then close it til the last drop stays hanging from the dripper. Then close the blumat three more arrows. That's what they say on the blumat website and I found it to be a good allround setting. After that it will open itself when the medium dries up and close it self when it has watered enough.
There's a great blumat thread here on IC too !

best
CC

Chevy cHaze

Out Of Dankness Cometh Light
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Don't go for time with the dropping.
You water your container plenty, so that it's really almost too wet, then you put the blumat in. Open it till water flows, then close it til the last drop stays hanging from the dripper. Then close the blumat three more arrows. That's what they say on the blumat website and I found it to be a good allround setting. After that it will open itself when the medium dries up and close it self when it has watered enough.
There's a great blumat thread here on IC too !

best
CC

And no, your medium will not have an influence on the blumat other than that it dries out quicker or slower...

Baloni

seriously that white fungus when grows at surface of coco isnt good
I have impared roots and smaller root bounds. When I reuse that coco with this type of fungus.

man if this would be a soil pot, 100% this is mycorrhiza or some not harmful fungus, my pots look always like that and its good.. your plant looks healthy and the roots too, it this mushroom was bad, your root would be yellow or brown and slimy. IMO
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Cannazym, CannaBoost and H&G Drip might be enzymes and bacteria, maybe you have a living coco now^^
[/FONT]

Actually, when i mix new living organic soil, and after 1week of standing there is not a massive white coat, i would think something is wrong!
If you have any kind of growing stuff in your pots, ask in the organics forum, people there dealing all the time with things like that, good luck!