What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

DA: Elderly man's Denver home filled with more than 400 pot plants

1ManGrow

DENVER - An 87-year-old man was formally charged for growing more than 400 marijuana plants at his Denver home on Friday.
Edward Bogunovich was charged with possession with intent to distribute marijuana-more than 100 pounds, cultivation of marijuana- more than 30 plants, and possession of marijuana-more than twelve ounces.

Bogunovich says he and three of his family members have state medical marijuana documents which allows them to grow and distribute.

"I was a care taker for 24 people for the last year or two," Bogunovich said. "We did nothing wrong. I wouldn't be stupid not to be legal after doing this for four years."

The charges allege that Bogunovich grew hundreds of plants, exceeding the number allowed for medical use and cultivation. In an arrest affidavit, police say his back yard looked like a forest of marijuana plants.
Investigators say they found around 500 plants in his back yard, which they estimate is 269 plants over his legal limit. He is also accused of possessing tools and materials that go beyond personal and provider distribution.
"It don't make sense to me," Bogunovich said. "There was no crimes committed. We didn't do nothing. We were trying to be legal. We're going to fight this in the courts."
Bogunovitchhas a lengthy criminal history dating back to the 60s. In four separate incidents, he's been charged with dangerous drug distribution or possesion. He's also been charged with damage to property and possesion of marijuana.

He was released from the Denver Detention Center on a $10,000 bond. Bogunovich's next court appearance is Aug. 16.
(KUSA-TV © 2012 Multimedia Holdings Corporation)

<iframe src="http://www.liveleak.com/ll_embed?f=d077708fd42c" allowfullscreen="" width="640" frameborder="0" height="360"></iframe>

http://www.9news.com/news/article/2...ver-home-filled-with-more-than-400-pot-plants

What are your thoughts?Is he right or wrong?Are the cops right or wrong?

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Damn he was allowed to have so many why go overboard is my thought... Legal up to 200+ plants...

pearlemae

May your race always be in your favor
Veteran
Way to go old man. There has to be a League of gray haired pot smokers, sorta like Aarp only stoned.

fungzyme

Isn't there any sort of prior history check before getting the legal ok to be a caregiver? Dude had 4 decades worth of criminal history including 4 priors for drug distribution and possession. Makes the whole state's medical marijuana program look less competent when they bust these guys, IMO.

It's about time this guy turned his life around...

Ohmless

by the numbers being discussed, that man probably thought all the plants could be in bloom, where the law explicitly states 6 in veg and 6 in bloom per patient.

SOURDIESEL1

that really sucks to get busted like that when your his age. but thats what happens when people get to greedy. he must of pissed some one off to get cought up like that.

G

Guest 315072

sure they count all the seedlings and clones too.. im sure theres more to the story! ..

if he fights this like a farmer.. he cuold win.. farmers plant 10 x what they need and pick the best for there crop... we do the same thing.. using the best for medicine.. if he fights not every plant has the potential to be medicine .. he mite just get off with this.. atleast no jail time

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
live2gro got it right
he could beat this, if hes got paper work for nearly all those plants, and his case stays in state court.
lotsa CO people get raided, and only plants over their plant count get ripped, everything else stays.
ime
if u have up to date paperwork , ur prolly ok, not to say they arent always looking for someone to make an example of (like an 87 y.o. man)

señorsloth

Veteran
wow he seemed like a nice old dude but sorta cracky...and his daughter looked like she was smoking crack in one hand and meth in the other...the guys got near 1000 pounds of pot in his back yard...even at a thousand dollars a pound that's near a million dollars, an he says he has been doing it for years...has almost no money invested in the grow, nor in themselves, they looked straight out of a Mississippi trailer park...i guess crack is pretty expensive but jeez...

the way i see it they were greedy old drug addicts...and I do strongly believe they should have the right to turn their whole back yard into a pot forest if they want too... but the sad fact is, they don't right now, and to say, ya 250 plants isn't enough for me i'm gonna grow 500 and then try and play dumb, say the police are picking on me? the dude was asking for it, what i wouldn't give to be able to legally grow 250 plants...you can bet i wouldn't turn a huge and highly profitable LEGAL venture into an illegal one just to double down...

i guess thats crackhead thinking though huh? they don't realize that the rest of the world can tell they are drug addicts just by watching them for a few seconds, they have no idea how obvious it is to people they they are on drugs, or doing things that are illegal or frowned upon...no sense of shame, they think well i'm growing 200 plants and nobody says anything why not 500? they don't realize that the entire neighborhood knows they huff meth fumes like air, and want nothing more than to get them away from their kids and families...of course the crackheads more than double their garden and give them the perfect excuse to get them out of there...

500 plants? i've never heard of a legal outdoor that big...the dude didn't even look like he was growing them to their max, most outdoor med grows i've seen seem to be all about getting the most per plant...dude had 500 half pound to full pound plants, couldn't he have yielded more and been legal by growing 200 plants, but much bigger? the dude was asking for it and he seemed like the kind of guy that gives med pot a bad name, he's been a convicted drug trafficker for 50 years, not just pot, and then gets a license and starts growing just as a way to avoid jail, not because he wants to help people, he just wants to make money making drugs like he always had, he is used to going to jail for what he does, this is probably the first time he's been busted with even half an excuse for the drugs he is making...the medical community doesn't need dirtballs like him...good riddance bet his pot was shit too...

Green lung

Veteran
wow he seemed like a nice old dude but sorta cracky...and his daughter looked like she was smoking crack in one hand and meth in the other...the guys got near 1000 pounds of pot in his back yard...even at a thousand dollars a pound that's near a million dollars, an he says he has been doing it for years...has almost no money invested in the grow, nor in themselves, they looked straight out of a Mississippi trailer park...i guess crack is pretty expensive but jeez...

the way i see it they were greedy old drug addicts...and I do strongly believe they should have the right to turn their whole back yard into a pot forest if they want too... but the sad fact is, they don't right now, and to say, ya 250 plants isn't enough for me i'm gonna grow 500 and then try and play dumb, say the police are picking on me? the dude was asking for it, what i wouldn't give to be able to legally grow 250 plants...you can bet i wouldn't turn a huge and highly profitable LEGAL venture into an illegal one just to double down...

i guess thats crackhead thinking though huh? they don't realize that the rest of the world can tell they are drug addicts just by watching them for a few seconds, they have no idea how obvious it is to people they they are on drugs, or doing things that are illegal or frowned upon...no sense of shame, they think well i'm growing 200 plants and nobody says anything why not 500? they don't realize that the entire neighborhood knows they huff meth fumes like air, and want nothing more than to get them away from their kids and families...of course the crackheads more than double their garden and give them the perfect excuse to get them out of there...

500 plants? i've never heard of a legal outdoor that big...the dude didn't even look like he was growing them to their max, most outdoor med grows i've seen seem to be all about getting the most per plant...dude had 500 half pound to full pound plants, couldn't he have yielded more and been legal by growing 200 plants, but much bigger? the dude was asking for it and he seemed like the kind of guy that gives med pot a bad name, he's been a convicted drug trafficker for 50 years, not just pot, and then gets a license and starts growing just as a way to avoid jail, not because he wants to help people, he just wants to make money making drugs like he always had, he is used to going to jail for what he does, this is probably the first time he's been busted with even half an excuse for the drugs he is making...the medical community doesn't need dirtballs like him...good riddance bet his pot was shit too...

You got some fucking problems man, are you even on the right website?

Arthritis_sucks

The Dude
Veteran
old man didnt look like he was on drugs nor did the daughter, she seemed just nervous as i would be too going through all that. sux they went through that and whatever he did in his past was his past....lots of people have a questionable backround. doesnt mean thats who they are for the rest of their lives. not evrryone can grow 5 lb plants too.

FoCo(No.Co)

Barned
Veteran
Isn't there any sort of prior history check before getting the legal ok to be a caregiver? Dude had 4 decades worth of criminal history including 4 priors for drug distribution and possession. Makes the whole state's medical marijuana program look less competent when they bust these guys, IMO.

It's about time this guy turned his life around...

IMO, anybody who takes a personal risk to supply others with good herb is doing good work. His plants look damn healthy that's for sure.

Did you grow before medical cards existed? Why do you think that people who did are bad people? This guy is a pioneer and a martyr for having been caught and still continuing to do what we know is right. If there hadn't been people perpetuating the cannabis culture before medical marijuana, there would be no medical marijuana.

Latest posts

Latest posts