What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

moonshine mix

exactlywatt

Hey Moonshineman, mysta asked this a while back but my post got in the way, if using distilled water should you add cal-mag?

Buds look awesome mysta, gonna have to give the mix a run...

Last edited:
G

I must say MYSTA>>> the MMMix is fabulous...i tried all of mysta's last round...and their flavors are jumping out at ya... very, very , clean taisting pot...and very stoney... M...you have your cab dialed in killer bro...
HEY>>>you kick ass bro...You rolled thru here and left a wake of kindness streaching for DAZe... very impressive...i hope the Happy Frog has similar results...time will tell.
THANK YOU FOR EVERYTHING BRO!!!!P>Joe

G

You must spread some rep around b4 giving it to M again..SMOKE A FATTY!!!!
that RED MUTANT is the shiznit...i like it alot...

S

stretchpuppy

Looks nice guys... I'd like to give this mix a try but can't find "Planting Mix". A FF product? What's a viable substitute? I have castings.

exactlywatt

Any good, heavily ammended, organic soil from a nursery would sub for the Fox Farm Planting Mix. You might even need to add some castings and guano, the FF mix is very hot.

But to really run this mix, imvho, you should try and follow the recipe. It's been tested and tweaked alot. And indoors under HID it's really hard to get the timing of organics down. And when you make your own mix your bringing guess work back into it, Moonshineman and others have worked years on nailing this down and taking the guess work out.

I use 20 Planting Mix and 80 coir and fed Floranova Bloom the whole way, pretty damn easy and works great. But with this mix I know it's organic and it's gonna taste amazing. I'm really interested in this mix beacause it's exactly like farming organic veggies outdoors, and to pull that off indoors under HID is really difficult. I know that a lot of folks around here have got many organic methods dialed; but for me, who can't get to my grow daily, I need simplicity. And from what I've seen here, this mix is just that. :smile:

I'm excited to give MSM a run in a month or two. Gotta get those mammas going!

Last edited:
S

stretchpuppy

I hear ya... My store has everything else... I'll have them order it.

G

imho, nuff said right here. drool for days.

mysta177 said:
MSM- Very nice update as I was about to start the new mix..looks like im not no more. Saved me some $. TY.
Man you are sure right as you say the nutes fuck with the plant as I have tried nutes and no nutes side by side with the same strain im MSMix.....yuck I dont like nutes even "organic" nutes it seems you could taste it immeditaley....maybe its just me I dont know. It did make a good bag appeal..... but I grow for me.
What does the addition of the FFSM do extra for the plant?

Here are some pics of MoonShineMix grown plants....ENJOY I know I enjoy Smoking it!

S

stretchpuppy

Thanks mysta... just trying to use stuff that's on hand @ the local shops which is OF and LW, I'm gonna put the word in for some new stuff though. KISS

:joint:

TokenBlackGuy

Can MSM be used for a sog style bed?.. I usually give my clones only 2 weeks veg and then i put them into flowering.. I would really like to try this mix if it works...

mtnjohn

Veteran
my god mysta....those pic's are just incredible

i'm a hydro grower , but your buds make me want to do a soil grow
....and i may just do that sometime soon

you got some skills bro

mj

G

TokenBlackGuy said:
Can MSM be used for a sog style bed?.. I usually give my clones only 2 weeks veg and then i put them into flowering.. I would really like to try this mix if it works...

I would say that this would work fine. Rare Groove is doing a scrog with the mix in a bed style grow with great results, seems like it would transfer to SOG very well. Check out bhis post on page 11 and see if this is what you mean.. Hope this hlps,

guerilla

Last edited:

Rare Groove

I've definitely had good luck with this mix in a bed-style grow. You really have to make sure you water at the correct intervals though. It took a while to dial the watering schedule in during my first run with the bed & this mix. You really need to have a good idea how your medium feels in the container when totally dry. Other than that, you should have no problems running a SOG bed-style.

I chopped my micro-grown Gypsy's Gum yesterday, at Day 73. Here are a few shots.

I love this mix! All of your ladies are looking so good :yummy:

I've got 9 Strawberry Diesels getting through the seedling stage in some FF Planting Mix right now. I'll post some pics when there's more to show. Take care!

mysta177

mtnjohn said:
my god mysta....those pic's are just incredible

i'm a hydro grower , but your buds make me want to do a soil grow
....and i may just do that sometime soon

you got some skills bro

mj

Thanks bro..But the mix does it all its self. I just provined the genes and the MSM does the rest. But your right all my hydro buddies run a couple of soil for there personal smoke.
RG-nice pics bro....Man it sure would be a B**** picking up the SOG bed to see the weight. How do you do it? I would prob just rely on a meter if I had to. But damn you doing it right cuz those lady look primo....

jcsmooth

Hi all,

Just wanted to say that I'm really impressed with everyone's results with this fool-proof soil formula. I'm completely envious of you guys and your fancy soil...I've been trying to get fox farm soil in Canada for a good amount of time.

For those Canadians who are dumbfounded as to why you can't find FF soil anymore in Canada, I received this e-mail back from a customer rep. earlier this week after I asked for an explanation:
"Currently we can not ship the soils intoCanada. Canadian borders have stopped due to the fear that the Sudden Oak Death syndrome disease may enter the country as it is a soil borne disease. As soon as it changes, we will let everyone know."

I'd heard of the pine beetle, the emerald ash borer, but since I don't live in California I wasn't familiar with this Sudden Oak Death Syndrome.
I suppose Canadian customs has completely red-flagged any soil-based products coming from California.

FF should have this info. up on their website but I suppose it'd just invoke bad publicity by making people stress about potential problems with their soil.

Anyways, keep growing everyone and enjoy the soil :)
#1 fan right here...can't wait to join your club

JC

G

Im sorry to hear that JC, maybe you could find some similar products and make your own mix. Either that or just go with a different mix all together, Im sure theres alot of great stuff up there in Canada eh?

Whats up myst, damn those pics are fantastic. You really cant go wrong with this mix. Any strain, any additional nutes, any size pots etc., as long as you get the water frequency dialed in your good :canabis:

Heres a couple pics of some veg plants in the mix.

Purple Urkle

Arcata Trainwreck

guerilla

G

gratefuldawg

15 pages....................................And I could read 5,000 more. The info on this thread is amazing for the indoor grower, and especially for the outdoor grower. Rained today, looks like I don't have to hike a mile to feed nutes to my plants. What a great soil mix for any outdoor organic farmers....just ph'd water.

The only question I can think of right now is about using RO water, do you need to add anything to it?

Oh ya, and water timing. I know you want to wait until the plant kinda droops down, but then how much do you add back? Enough till it's barely coming out of the bottom?

Last edited:

mysta177

Wus up G....nice looking shots bro those ladyz are dandy :joint:
Cant wait to see a pic of that sssdh if ya got one.

gratefuldawg said:
The only question I can think of right now is about using RO water, do you need to add anything to it?

Oh ya, and water timing. I know you want to wait until the plant kinda droops down, but then how much do you add back? Enough till it's barely coming out of the bottom?
Gdawg what up bro??? Nice to see you join the thread. I cant reply on the RO water as I have not used it YET...But Im interested in the answer yo your Q. When I water with this mix I try and let about 5-10% drainage. This is what I do and by no means the right way to do it. I just figure a lil drainage to get that salt out. But again another nice question around the board. How much do you other Icers water those ladyz?

G

Whats up myst, Im training the SSSDH in preperation for a bonsai mother so nothing much to see right now. The other cut of her is vegging out right now so maybe in a few weeks I'll have a pic worth posting. Thanks for the compliments on the pics, Im actually suprised that they look so well considering the turture they endured sice the storm I told you about. almost 2 weeks with no light excpet a 60w house light and they both pulled through :D

Gdawg - I water about the same as myst described. I usually end up with about 1/2 a cup f drainage so about 5-10% sounds right on. It also depends on how big they are and the size of the pots as well. My newly rooted clones have no drainage and maybe only a few drops from my plants in 1 qt starter pots. Just keep at it, try different things, your plants will always tell you what they want and when they want it, it just depends if you listen or not ;) Best of luck and take care everyone :joint:

guerilla

G

gratefuldawg

I bought some Millenium Cal-Mag, it doesn't have any nitrogen, so I'll just add some of that to add some cal-mag from the stripped RO water. I'll post results in a couple months,lol.

Latest posts

Latest posts