What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Border Patrol seizes 9 tons of marijuana

johnny54

zero chance the smugglers let them have this, they would send a smaller load under 50 lbs to create a diversion. It was a bold move, but just looking at the truck.. without a company name advertised on the tanks it looks suspicious... at the very least, to a BP agent, it could be stolen fuel

B

BrnCow

Cartel people are greedy self centered bastards and sell shit weed above the check points. They also do not give a fuck about their people and will let them rot in fucking jail or prison but they buy their own asses out. The closer to the street they get, the worse they are treated. The old school idea is long gone. The kids are the worse to deal with. They rip and run with no thought of consequences. Prison scum and their kin. I will never support cartel drugs in any way. They are responsible for all the heat on drugs nationwide!

L

longearedfriend

9 tons of dirt weed (which could not be that bad, mexicans' growing has evolved, so has their strain lineage.... sativas went to hybrids...)

9 000 000 g

that's nothing for them imho

but I wouldn't say it was a diversion

they don't care, people need money in mexico...

Snoopster

Veteran
It is easy cash for a cartel. They can get in on the ground floor and/or buy it and smuggle it.

A guy shows up to a farm with a bag of seeds.
He tells the guy to grow it and when he comes back he will give him $20 a pound.
Dirt farmer says, "Fuck yeah" because that is a shit ton more than he can get for growing anything else.

There are full on market places with all different kinds of pot from downtown dirt to gorgeous green crystally sativas. The prices fluctuate based on a ton of things.
I had a friend in college that got rich buying green commercial pot in AZ and flying it back.

avant gardener

Veteran
It is easy cash for a cartel. They can get in on the ground floor and/or buy it and smuggle it.

A guy shows up to a farm with a bag of seeds.
He tells the guy to grow it and when he comes back he will give him $20 a pound.
Dirt farmer says, "Fuck yeah" because that is a shit ton more than he can get for growing anything else.

There are full on market places with all different kinds of pot from downtown dirt to gorgeous green crystally sativas. The prices fluctuate based on a ton of things.
I had a friend in college that got rich buying green commercial pot in AZ and flying it back.

and i had a friend who got rich overnight bringing a suitcase of pressed pills over from the dam in '96. last i heard he died from an od.

RIP ODB.