What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

the bio-droid training facility... green dragon experiments.

Philanthropist

My GD was made from 12-13 grams trim, throught the coffee grinder, de carbed for 6 min at 325, then boiled down in 8 oz of everclear reduced to 3. Not sure on potency yet.
My butter recipe is at 1 oz high quality trim and bud leftovers to 1 lb of 84% milkfat european style butter. i havent noticed any decrease in strength as i have tried to mix in more butter to get to this level, i try to make 3 lbs at a time. I use a crockpot with a liner(no water mixing), and a potato ricer to get it all, one hour on high 3 hours on low stir a couple times.
Although my real reason for this unrelated to green dragon post is to see how my new signature is displayed

Philanthropist

So i think my GD works alright. it seems to have a kick even a 1/2 tsp dose. need to find tastier way to ingest, its tough to talk myself into a second 1/2 tsp in juice. I think i will continue to reference my work with butter vs the Green Dragon as i find the limits of my personal strain. thinking this might help newcomers as they might have/want experience with one or the other and want a point of reference.
But if Grievous or others would like i could keep it strictly to the GD

generalgrievous

collector of lightsabers.. and fine cannabis genet
ICMag Donor
But if Grievous or others would like i could keep it strictly to the GD

i love butter and any type of comment or critique ..so please ..throw down.

i find it odd that most don't like the flavor ..perhaps i've developed a taste for it. love the dragon beer...

i very much like jacking up the strength by adding about a gram of honey oil to a 1/2oz. of the dragon ..cyborg mega dragon 10X ...kicks my ass. the oil does need to be decarbed
..i'm doing 220 for 30 min ..seems to work well.

just made 2 oz. a grade flower into a # of butter ..gonna make some little peanut butter ..grape jelly cookies.. i want 'em to be on the strong side

Philanthropist

Hey general thanks i love the butter too. i dont mind the taste either my cookies def have a tinge to it but ive never had a complaint. Unless you count the people who asked me why i told them to eat 2. I think high quality starter butter helps with that as well. I just use the nestle recipe, 2 sticks of butter is nice. recently found a smore/brownie recipe that calls for 3 sticks in a 9x13 pan so next time i make butter i'll be trying it out. As far as the dragon goes i took my last dose in apple juice with a sprinkle of lemon juice on top. Two mouthfuls like shots no prob, chased with a mouthful of coffe. Then made another. I also made sure not to smell or breathe while takin it. Whatever parts of that combo it worked for me and now I can concentrate on a proper dose in the morning before I'm already properly medicated.
Also whats everyones view here on vape-poo, and how best to take advantage. I use a volcano digital easy valve with 3 ft balloons(XL). I grind my bud up through a drop through grinder and vape at 348. Then grind again in a closed 2pc grinder and vape into a second bag(348) and toss the leftovers in a jar. i know there is something left in it, its tan and green. Is it best to make batches of butter/dragon with the poo seperate from my "clean" batch? Does it add anything to mix them?
I will of course be doin my own experiments as time goes on either way. People seem to claim all sorts of super powerful stuff when they use the poo on these posts. My thought is the poo is only left with certain aspects of the total high namely the sleepy knock you out parts.

generalgrievous

ICMag Donor
I think that vape scraps still contain their cbd ..increasing the body high and leaving thc content as is ..the flavor it imparts on dragon is not worth the trouble ..i add what i have on top of my butter ..

Have you tried cooking with honey oil...? :whee:

Philanthropist

Wish i could say yes but I'm limited in my space already, I think thats one of those things would wanna house for. Any suggested methods for when i do wanna try?
I agree the stronger the better for anything. thats how i ended up here. I rarely ever actually 'smoke' now. i love vaping but it does take up more time than a quick bonghit/bowl. The cookies are great, really cuts down on my need for a actual session, Im hoping the GD will fill in holes likewise.
Also any particular type of beer(IPA, lager, stout..etc)?/ Or brands? I have considered myself a medium beer conniseur in the past.
UPDATE: I figured out the dragon def works, i got 4 doses in around 1030-1100. my doses are a dropper that measures out 1/2 tsp barely holding on through the surface tension of the dragon. Excuse my language but this shit is all up in my head now(1215), hoping for more body high as it settles in but will def find a spot in my medicine cabinet. i should have put in dots everytime i have been spacing out trying to type this...
yeah this update would have been to long for that. Anyhow could different decarbing even the high out?... really though all up in my head very nice General. I cant wait to have some delicous cookies to go with. Maybe decarb with rougher pieces to let the heat circulate through better?... i gotta order some dropper vials too. Man i wish i had some cookies. Goodnight everyone.

Piel

Veteran
I´ve settled on mixing my GD with a fresh OJ -let´s say a ratio of 1 GD to 5 parts OJ and I drink it like a shot and it tastes a bit like grapefruit juice. Mixing with Amaretto is nice and other liquers also work well. I´ve never tried it in beer though but it sounds like to much to drink and the taste might be a bit weird?

Philanthropist

I'm just takin it like a shot in apple juice now, dont breath, no problem. 1 tsp this morning def picked my head up. Didnt wanna do as much as last night (2.25 tsp) cause im daddy daycare today. speakin of which i wish the baby slept better last night i think i would of had pleasant dreams

generalgrievous

ICMag Donor
Piel ..try ½tsp in a beer .. a lager ..yum.

Philanthropist ..look into this recipe ..i think this is the body heavy high you may like.. https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=197778 ..honey oil taken orally is truly medicating ..and in conjunction with a heat extraction like butter or dragon ..offer a medicinal/recreational high that covers all bases.. let me know when you wanna give it a try ...I'll help. :whee:

Philanthropist

Finished my first batch of GD this morning and I'm a big fan at this point. Im gonna make my next batch with a little actual bud and see if that changes the high.
General those look like exactly what i want. Just took a look at the hash forum and read a little how to make the oil, will continue to read up on it and get back to you when i have more space. I gotta make everything from scratch myself. Thank-you for all the work you did getting this green dragon thread goin.
My next batch is getting ready, 6 g trim and 3 g popcorn bud.

Philanthropist

OK General I want some oil and all the fun that comes with, if I do the butter here i should bo able to do this, should we discuss here or can you point me somewhere? i got a couple ladies comin each week starting next week. I'm also hopin for a job prospect to come through which may determine if i go through with it, but I feel its best to have all my ducks in a row if I can.
My first question what would be best extraction method without using butane?

generalgrievous

ICMag Donor
if it's proper purging of the butane or alcohol you're worried about don't be ..you consume more higher and lower alcohols in a single fermented drink ..a beer or wine ..less with spirits but either way they don't kill you in small amounts when you drink 'em.. ..they do give you a hangover though ...they certainly won't harm you when purged down to nothing ..it's all gets purged one way or another if approached properly...

from another angle ..it's kinda nice to start with a solvent that is at least made for human consumption ..so i lean toward ethyl alcohol ..everclear or grain neutral spirit ..you can't get it at 95% in a lot of states.

let me know what you come with ..here's a link to some honey pics ..

https://www.icmag.com/ic/album.php?albumid=26255

Piel

Veteran
Butane...I just to clumsy for that. Everclear is great, I took 5ml this morning at about 9:30 and I still have a smooth high...did sleep for three hours though!

Philanthropist

Im just gonna use the everclear, explosiveness and ventilation are my worries about butane. mostly safe ventilation worries me in my apartment.
My understanding goes quick wash in the booze, then filter, then evap in a oven at low temp.
Is it that simple? What amount of greenery do you use for how much honey(obviously i know different outcomes with different quality)? Can i use the product for more extraction after that? Is decarbing necessary?
Feel free to answer one or more of these questions/statements. Just letting you know where my thoughts are.

Piel my measurements seem the same as yours about 5ml or tsp for a even casual high(for me), i seem to talk myself into another .5 tsp very easily though.

Cant wait to try it in lager General, as well as the multitude of other beers. I feel a stout or a nice IPA could go well. This will be sped up when the wife stops breastfeeding. She is the one who tended to keep beer stocked as I gravitated towards my real love Mary Jane. Luckily the wife is very understanding of my lifestyle.

CaptainChronizl

great thread gg. i'm throwing on my pants in a bit and getting all the shit i need when the stores open. i'll be pouring my dragon in corona. landshark is ok, but seems like there is a bit too much sugar in there. scariest part is gonna be the testing phase. last month i made a batch of blueberry oatmeal cookies with some hijack canna butter. i was playin some call of duty on the baked side, eating warm weed cookies. i ate 7 before i realized i should have started with one. i couldn't even stand the next day, probably the bottle of wine i drank, after the cookies. lol. had to call in sick. found proper cookie dosage was 1/2 in a.m. whole in p.m. thanks bro. i'm giving you a virtual saber.

Piel

Veteran
I just polished off the last 4ml...the bong rip wasn´t necessary and I can´t write more right now...:smoker::smoker:

Piel

Veteran
I used weed that´s been kiffed (most of the time) so I decarb at 180C for six minutes, pour in the booze, let it boil awhile, let it sit a few days and then I evaporate on the mantlepiece.

I think I´ve been buzzed most of the day.

Philanthropist

Just my thoughts Piel, 180 C = 356 F, I vape at 348 F and get fully ripped. I think you may be losing product, even kiefed product, by decarbing so high.

Captainchron watch out for this green dragon, you should start with 1/2 tsp doses, maybe try a tsp at first. My cookies seem to be 1/2-1 cookies for most, i usually like 2-3 to start my day. Prob eat a dozen a day when around, along with vaping all day. I did my THIRD!!! session with the dragon tonight at 7 pm. 1.5 tsp and a vape session(3ft bag twice with same product ground again after first bag). I will have 4 sessions today and for me that shit is a godsent of free time. For others though even 1.5 or 2 tsp could really sit you down for hours.

generalgrievous

ICMag Donor
philanthropist ..this is a short how to i posted at another site ..if ventilation is an issue don't purge in the oven ..use your seedling mat or piels method and use something hot in the house ..my seedling mat takes about 36 hours to evap as opposed to 1 or 2 in the oven but the difference in fumes makes it better for me ..

qwiso is a qiuck wash with 91% isopropyl alcohol... qwet is a quick wash with ethyl alcohol... 95% everclear... they both work the same except iso is more aggressive on trichome... so a much quicker wash time is used... 15 - 20 seconds for iso... 1 to 2 min. for qwet... the rest of the process is the same...

i do small batches because the alcohol purge is much faster...

keep in mind... alcohol is fuking dangerous around ovens... i have a distilling background and am very comfortable around flammable substances and open flames... proceed at your own risk...

i hear the law treats the stuff the same as meth production in cali... even for med patients so keep it at home... they sell it over the counter in colo. dispensaries...

i am disclaimed.

stuff....

5 - 15 grams high quality trim or flowers... the better product you start with... the better product you end with...

91% isopropyl alcohol or 95% ethanol.. everclear.

pyrex bowl with tight lid or mason jar with lid... for the quick wash.

flat square or rectangular shallow pyrex... for the pruge/decarb.

razor blades...

unbleached coffee filters... meds4me recommends a micron screen from an old bubble set... good idea.

oven thermometer...

method....

jar/pyrex for washing, alcohol, plant matter... all goes in the freezer till frozen and than some...

fil the jar or small pyrex with flowers/trim to the top...

add alcohol to saturate plant matter and rest at about 1/4 or 1/3 of the jar volume... ...now this is time sensitive.

close the jar/pyrex and gently wash all the plant matter with the alcohol in all directions.... 15-20 seconds for qwiso... 2 to 3 min for qwet... the qwet also works with a faster wash but i believe lots of trich is left behind...

pour the alcohol out of the trim/flower into the double coffee filter... keep plant matter out as alcohol dissolves plant waxes as well... hence the quick wash...

repeat the process with cold alcohol a second time... drain into a second filter/pyrex square... the second wash can yield as much as the first... the quality is down a bit.. but not much...

once filters have drained into the pyrex they go into a 225-250f electric oven... this process can be done at room temp but i don't believe it properly purges the alcohol...

iso vaporizes at 190f... ethanol at 172f... as the alcohol vaporizes off you are left with a light yellow film on the pyrex... watch closely as the alcohol is gone... when the little bubbles are done... so is the alcohol...

now let about 3 - 4 minutes pass... the smell of the oil will change to clean, hashy smell... if you've decarbed flowers in the oven you will recognize it... when i don't evap/purge in the oven, but on the heat mat rather, i ride this decarb time frame out to 30 min...

your oil is now ready for oral consumption...

pull out the pyrex and scrape while warm... the oil is extremely sticky but will become hard like as it cools... once it leaves the warm pyrex... make haste.

let me know if i confused you and we'll work it out.

captainchronizl ..landshark was my favorite for most of 2010 ..i've had many a dragonshark ..yum

piel ..fuk ya... :headbange

Philanthropist

Perfect General. Few clarifications.
What should the status of product be before weighing/freezing? 5- 15g Dry?

Grind in a coffee grinder?

I'll be using a pint mason jar. You mention filling to top with product? Do you mean just put it all in(5-15g). Then fill the jar 1/3 full with alcohol?

Is there anything left in the product after the second wash? Is it worth saving for butter or Dragon like vape-poo?

Its weird how my palate is adjusting to the dragon, kinda like the cookies at first except not as pleasant. Man it would be weird to have unlaced cookies now though.

Latest posts

Latest posts