What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Hammerhead Genetics (A5 Haze bx x Flashpoint) x (A5 Haze bx x MAC)

OrgAeroMan

Veteran
Thanks for the great advice fellas, I'll remove the dome. The coco didn't feel soaked, but was probably too wet anyway. I think I'll add perlite to it next time, or maybe just use rockwool to keep everything sterile.

redlaser

Veteran
How close are your lights to the seedlings? With fluorescent’s they can be pretty close and will help keep them less leggy. Usually takes a few days to damage a seedling with a flouro even if it’s touching it. Six inches for a pair of flourescents is good, I usually go closer.
Some seedlings will still get taller than others, in the times I kept track they were mostly males eventually.

unregistered190

Senior
Veteran
Shit happens, good vibes here on out.

Good point redlaser about the fluorescents and I may go back to them for that almost good proof lighting on seedlings.

Akss

Yep thats one thing ya can count on shit happening sorry for the double post idk how that happened..maybe we can get the fancy janitor in here to clean that up:)

OrgAeroMan

Veteran
I might've been too far away, I had my weaker led shop light about a foot away. I just moved it to about 7" to get ~100ppfd. They will be moved to the main veg area pretty soon, under an HLG 135 Bspec.

Flouros were damn near perfect for seedlings, for sure. I might have a couple t5 18" fixtures kicking around... What are you guys using?

TheDarkStorm

Here's the pic. What am I doing wrong?

Those actually look good to me...just looks like you got kinks in the stem from the stretch wich makes it difficult for the water to keep flowing up...some may have still made it...probably been slower though.....wen there young like that and the stems are thin try to keep them standing straight up(the stems in a straight line)..at least untill you get abit of thicknes to the stems...any kinks will slow them down abit...and at worst cut the supply line completely off...good luck..hope the rest are beging to look good.

OrgAeroMan

Veteran
Good to hear, as I only pulled two of the worst. I just put them to the side... The other 6 haven't kinked. I wasn't sure if they could return from that, glad I couldn't kill them:)

Attachments

• 1610774882144300048849.jpg
    1610774882144300048849.jpg
    147.7 KB · Views: 22
  • 16107749033641682401179.jpg
    16107749033641682401179.jpg
    168.3 KB · Views: 26

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Unfortunately this thread wont finish. Org let me know all of the seeds are now dead. I have a bunch of these going. That info can be found in my Perpetual thread.

OrgAeroMan

Veteran
Indeed, sorry fellas:( I think it was a combination of too little light, that weakened the stems, and fungus gnats. Most of those assholes are in my worm bin, near my seedling area. BTI doesn't seem to be working, so I ordered some nematodes. I've tried mosquito dunks and bits, both soaked/ watered and crushed/ tilled into the surface of every plant. I also have sticky traps going, with Gnatrol and nematodes yet to try, so...

Attachments

• download (4).jpeg
    download (4).jpeg
    4.8 KB · Views: 27