What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

LizardMan's fast and furious breeding!!!

LizardMan

Im making this thread to help me keep track of what I've done or plan on doing.

The main mission is to run through a bunch of seeds as fast as possible! Weaning out weak or unwanted traits and making seeds of things that i like or might work together...

The plan is to pop a bunch of seeds every few months and run them out for either clone and/or breeding

I have a 5x5 tent with a 400watt starting beans, a 4x7 area for male isolation, and a 7x8 with a SF-4000 or 1000hps for flower room...

Stuff will be moved, changed, re-arranged and finished as 2021 progresses..

Few photos to get the ball rolling!!

LizardMan

20210101_124406.jpg

20210103_104607.jpg

20210103_104553.jpg

20201230_170912.jpg

20201230_170826.jpg

LizardMan

Beans were soaked on X mas day. Paper towel and water method in a large Tupperware container, on a heating pad. Roughly 80% took to the soil 2 days later. Rest were planted the next day. 10 roughly never made it to or even above the soil.

Medium is Promix BX lightly amended with insect frass, volcanic rock dust, and gaia green veg and bloom. Will be a different mix for up potting

Strains are:

Grandpa's Breath
Black Dog
Gorilla Zkittlez
Snowberry Blue
Zweet Inzanity
Dog Groomer
Original afghan #1
Bear Fighter
Amnesia
Zamadelica
Blueberry x Black Dog (blackberry pheno)
Quebec Poutine - Seedlings are mutants!
Hammer Shark - 1 runt left out of 1 seed
Cannatonic - 1 runt left out or 2 seeds
Yummy - 1 out of 1
Random Bag Seed - ole RBS strain haha

*will get amount of each after potting up roughly 10-15 of each

7x8 room still needs to be sealed/panda filmed and duct work done, plus some electrical.

I have a blumat system to set up for the beds. Im hesitant due to the cover crop holding so much moisture, and the 6 "Test" plants will be replaced shortly...

One thing im doing by the seat of my pants is wondering how many pre-sexed plants i can fit per bed and then flip to 12/12 a week later....

I figure if I can keep them small about 8th node and get a quick sex on the plants I can hopefully fit 10 females per bed. Un-topped and just left to see what they do...

Ill be keeping eye on ones that catch my eye to clone, but the rest if looking decent will catch a little pollen from a male of my choosing...

Lots to be done!!!

Inputs or advice even criticism is welcome.

LizardMan

Sooo with these beds being living and all it comes with bugs! Im wondering if anyone can help ID these, im guessing the black one is a predator by its look and movement.

Maybe ill get right lit up and watch what they do for a bit haha...

20210105_202245.jpg

20210105_202242.jpg

20210105_202210(1).jpg

20210105_182538.jpg

LizardMan

This soil is FULL of life, which is good and could be bad!!... The greenish arrow shaped fly's, are long legged flys and are predators of fungus gnats which is awesome since I have a few around. I still haven't found out what the black bug is with wings and a Dragon fly type back half of body. I keep finding them walking under the cover crop looking for something and then i notice them cleaning their wings on top of the cover crop.

I was looking last night into part of the soil to see how my worms are making out and stumbled apon this fast moving grub like worm. Further searching it looks to be a wire worm which eats roots but doesn't seem to be effecting much... I wonder if anything will eat them or i might have to figure out a way to attract them and destroy them

20210106_200244.jpg

20210106_200240.jpg

Pictures of the seedlings and how the rooms coming along shortly!!

LizardMan

Maryjane - They do look like mealworms. I don't know how fast mealworms move but these fuckers are QUICK!!! Im saying they are wireworms the larvae of click bettle's since they are not very plump like mealworms... Either or they are in the bins.

LizardMan

Well just a quick update. Still haven't got a number for each strain (will be doing it when I up pot). 12 rough looking or mutant like seedlings have been culled already and possibly more by next weekend. Kept a few weird looking ones to see what they do haha.

Insulated and taped off the room, applied panda film over plywood that was layed out to hold fans, lights, and other items. Insulated and sealed up vent to the outside (Canadian winters can make the pipe condensate pretty bad)

Still need to figure out if the SF-4000 is going to light the room or the 1000 watt HPS, need to finish the fan and carbon scrubber and electrical..

The starting is allways slow!! Cheers!!

20210109_175842.jpg

20210109_223251.jpg

20210110_204822.jpg

20210110_204902.jpg

20210110_172551.jpg

20210110_172621.jpg

20210110_172637_HDR.jpg

20210110_172713.jpg

20210110_172734.jpg

LizardMan

Nothing much to mention seedlings still growing, culled another 10 or so weak and slow growth one's... I culled this mutant after watching it for a few days longer then some of its fallen comrades.

Still need to get the room finished, family and career have got in the way this week, hopefully finish by the weekend...

Love the size of these fan leafs, did a little defoliation in the room with the zweet inzanity donor plants to bring the humidity down a bit since i don't have ant venting yet.

Hope to up pot some time next week and get closer to sexing the batch before shoving them in their forever homes!

20210114_185525.jpg

20210114_185517.jpg

20210114_185513_HDR.jpg

20210114_185830_HDR.jpg

20210114_185802.jpg

LizardMan

Few more days have passed, nothing much has happened. The seedlings are in need of new shoe's. Im waiting on some 1/2 gallon pots instead of using my 1 gallon pots, since more then half of these will be culled in a few weeks. The new pots should be in the store in the next few days.

The beds have hardly any gnats since the predators came in, but the gnats have started to hit the bottom of the solo cups.. Im thinking about dipping the bottom of each root ball in DE and putting back in the cups for a few days before up-potting to shred the larvae.

Going to clone 4 out of the 6 zweet inzanity. Once rooted ill chop and drop each bed fully... I find the cover crop keeps the soil moist for longer periods but the humidity wants to be higher as well. I moved the seedlings in the main room to save on hydro...

Veg is slow and boring and i have to many to individually tell each structure and smell at the moment...

20210117_184450_HDR.jpg

star crash

We Will Get By ... We Will Survive
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Well just a quick update. Still haven't got a number for each strain (will be doing it when I up pot). 12 rough looking or mutant like seedlings have been culled already and possibly more by next weekend. Kept a few weird looking ones to see what they do haha.

Insulated and taped off the room, applied panda film over plywood that was layed out to hold fans, lights, and other items. Insulated and sealed up vent to the outside (Canadian winters can make the pipe condensate pretty bad)

Still need to figure out if the SF-4000 is going to light the room or the 1000 watt HPS, need to finish the fan and carbon scrubber and electrical..

The starting is allways slow!! Cheers!!

View attachment 556637

View attachment 556638

View attachment 556639

View attachment 556640

View attachment 556641

View attachment 556642

View attachment 556643

View attachment 556644

View attachment 556645
:huggy:

LizardMan

Well tonight I cloned 5 of the 6 donor plants ( zweet inzanity). I was going to flip the lights to check sex, but i got tossing ideas around to my self and ended up chopping and dropping each bed then skim coating them in some pre-made soil to hopefully let the greens rot before planting the selected seedling into the beds.

Im going to place the zamadelica in their own separate pots since they will take longer to flower and it be nice to move them to their own light after the beds are harvested and set up for a new run.

This Ontario lock down stay at home order Covid bullshit is really fucking with getting materials( not just growing, house reno shit as well)... I called today to ask about my pots and no straight answer was given, so i will be debating in the coming days to keep holding off and let them sit in the solo cups till the pots arrive (no idea when). To plant them into bigger then i want to grow bags and wait till they get sexed to plant into the beds, or plant them straight to the beds and wean them out as they grow. Time will tell.

20210119_214625.jpg

20210119_214630.jpg

LizardMan

I ended up getting the 1/2 gallon pots a few day ago and transplanted all the plants i thought could have a chance. Ended up putting the 1000watt mh up to get the heat up a bit... Basement is cold this time of year.

Not much has changed just a little more growth, the low temps and stuck in solo cups under a old 400 watt mh hasn't helped..

A few have shown pre flowers, hoping for a lot more to show in the next week or 2.

Phones camera is slowly going to shit. The glass is cracked, making the pictures get blurrier. Hope the wife can find her camera and let me use it!!

20210123_154706.jpg

20210124_170738_HDR.jpg